PDA

View Full Version : Sponsors and Donations

Chalex4
7th May 2009, 09:07 PM
http://www.atkcommunity.com/banners/news/servers.png

Yet again I have been investigating the sponsor situation. I have been in talks today with one of the biggest game/voice servers in the UK, who is very interested in working with us. Since the deal isn't closed at this time, I unfortunately cannot reveal who it is publically.

However, what we have right now would easily take up half of a quad core server, so they are unable to provide it for free. As a result, I have decided to adapt what we have to the following:

24 slot CSS Public 66 tick
24 slot TF2 Public 66 tick
11 slot CSS Match 100 tick
15 slot TF2 Match 100 tick
32 slot Teamspeak
Fast download space

So, I am interested who in our wonderful, generous community can help towards the £25.00 required a month required. It is likely that it won't be this much every month, but I have put it at that value to be safe.

Willing to donate (via PayPal as always!) - THANKS!!:

Darkeagle - £10/month
Phantom - £2.50/month
Vicious Horizon - £2.50/month
Snerfs - £5/month
Colonel Mitch - £n/a

If all of you did the same as Phantom, we would easily have enough to pay for everything, and more! £2.50 is nothing, and where I live it is less than the price of a single bus ticket from my home to the nearest town.

I can't offer subscription perks right away, but they are going to be totally revamped over the summer period :D.

Thanks for reading, and post if you can help out below!

Calneon
7th May 2009, 09:44 PM
Is there any way other than paypal? 50p from £2.50 may not be a lot in the short term but it will soon add up. Even more for DE, who's being insanely generous with £10 a month. I could sub WoW for that xD.

"As a result, I have decided to cut some of what we need:" suggests you've cut the servers that are listed. Might want to rephrase it a bit. Apart from that, I can just say I hope we get more people willing to part with less than a pint of beer costs each month.

Chalex4
7th May 2009, 09:50 PM
Is there any way other than paypal? 50p from £2.50 may not be a lot in the short term but it will soon add up.

Yeah, you could actually give it to me in person! However, if you don't live nearby, bank transfers for a couple of months' worth would be absolutely fine.

I changed my wording above, thanks for pointing it out Phantom.

Calneon
7th May 2009, 10:16 PM
Yeah, you could actually give it to me in person! However, if you don't live nearby, bank transfers for a couple of months' worth would be absolutely fine.

I changed my wording above, thanks for pointing it out Phantom.
No problem. Giving it to you in person would possibly cost more than the sum i was giving to you, bank transfers would be good.

Target
7th May 2009, 11:06 PM
Well even if everyone gives a £1 then thats got to be enuf + advertising we shuld be able to cover it, ill see how my finances look after my exams but i mite be able to give a few pounds to a good cause :D

Deri
8th May 2009, 01:07 AM
I hope you get this, we're very happy to have alot of caring members. 20 sub for £6 quid a month means we can move into other things :D

Target
8th May 2009, 01:36 AM
Well we have half the money from 2 members rite there so i think the rest of us shuld b able to find at least £12.50 a month between us?

Vicious Horizon
8th May 2009, 07:39 AM
If I can work out how to use direct debit on PayPal I'll be happy to match Phantom =)

Snerfs
8th May 2009, 11:15 AM
lol I have a paypal account and verified but never known how to use, and if I can, i'll try and get £5 a month for you (yes i'm not active but still, why not :D)

Colonel Mitch
8th May 2009, 03:28 PM
i can gief u some gold to add :)

Chalex4
8th May 2009, 06:39 PM
*LIST ABOVE UPDATED*

If I can work out how to use direct debit on PayPal I'll be happy to match Phantom =)

Sounds awesome, create a thread with any questions about PayPal you may have. We don't want to annoy Phantom by cluttering up this thread :p.

lol I have a paypal account and verified but never known how to use, and if I can, i'll try and get £5 a month for you (yes i'm not active but still, why not :D)

Indeed, why not! That would mean a massive amount to ATK, so thanks! If you want to know how to use PayPal as well see my response above.

i can gief u some gold to add :)

Now that reply has just confused me! Thanks though since I remember you said you would subscribe last night. Providing me with some numbers though would be fantastic!

Thanks again for the great responses guys! Remember that if you haven't already thought about subscribing, then now is the best time.

Really, the more people we have helping with this cost, the better. Then if someone has to stop donating for a month we don't just lose all of our servers!!! Vox, please make my day by confirming that you can also subscribe :D.

Calneon
8th May 2009, 08:29 PM
We don't want to annoy Phantom by cluttering up this thread :p.
Oh don't you start.

Trigger
9th May 2009, 10:58 PM
I will be willing to contribute.

But id like to talk about a couple of things before i do so, talk to me on steam when you get a chance

Chalex4
16th May 2009, 06:57 PM
Unfortunately I have just been talking to the possible sponsors again, and despite me asking what it would cost to have less than they originally quoted the £25 for, they said that £39 would be the minimum/month :(.

Looks like I'll be on the hunt yet again!