PDA

View Full Version : Star Trek: 2009

Chalex4
9th May 2009, 06:50 PM
I went to the cinema today and saw the Star Trek film that came out yesterday, and I must say it was pretty awesome :D. Way better than I thought it would be actually.

I have seen Star Trek on TV before, but have never been up on it properly, but it certainly didn't matter for this film since all the characters are played by new people, and everything is much more shiny.

Here are a couple of trailers, in case you haven't seen them already:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nz62Iz0ydXo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0xaCB2nLS0

I'm pretty certain there will be at least one sequel, since all the actors are really young and a decent amount of time was spent on character setup. YEY.

Any of you seen it, or going to?

Calneon
9th May 2009, 07:41 PM
Never seen Star Trek on TV but this looks pretty awesome. 2nd trailer gave me goosebumps, best part was where the guy yells, "FIRE EVERYTHING!".

Oh and it has Zachary Quinto and Simon Pegg in it.

Vicious Horizon
9th May 2009, 08:15 PM
One of the adverts gave me goosebumps, not often an advert does that..

I may go see it. =D

Colonel Mitch
9th May 2009, 10:07 PM
Giles and I have been booked for about 2 omnths to see it at IMAX.

We got to see the uk premier at 00:01 on thursday morning at the BFI IMAX London :D

It was PRO

Trigger
9th May 2009, 10:54 PM
yeah looks awesome ill be watching it soon

ez64
10th May 2009, 12:23 AM
Giles and I have been booked for about 2 omnths to see it at IMAX.

We got to see the uk premier at 00:01 on thursday morning at the BFI IMAX London :D

It was PRO

Ya it was pure awesome,

I dont want to give anything away but its the best trek movie by far and I really do think it tops the star wars movies.

D_K_Head
10th May 2009, 12:37 AM
StarGATE, bitches.

Colonel Mitch
10th May 2009, 03:32 AM
StarGATE, bitches.

You'll struggle to find two bigger stargate fans than me and giles, both eagerly awaiting (with some scepticism) "Stargate Universe" this fall.

In my opinion SG-1/ Atlantis blitz other sci-fi shows with their awsomness. I love voyager and enjoy TNG, though wathing kirk is a bit like eating garbage... Though id rather die than sit through a series of Deep Space Nine.

Mr.Big
10th May 2009, 04:10 AM
STARGATE for LIFE ! :D

Vicious Horizon
10th May 2009, 10:54 AM
Deep Space Nine XD What a joke..

Watching Justin Lee Collins last night was a laugh, Bring back Star Trek :p

Back on Topic: I'll take it the film was good, eh?

Calneon
10th May 2009, 10:57 AM
Back on Topic: I'll take it the film was good, eh?
Looks like it :)

Chalex4
12th May 2009, 03:43 PM
Stargate is awesome too, and I can't wait for "Universe" this autumn either, but this film was REALLY good.

It's actually one of those films I can't stop thinking about, which is always a good sign :). Also, the Onion created another hilarious video about it :D:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02LgdXVkXgM

Vicious Horizon
12th May 2009, 04:24 PM
Lol, "Two out of shape guys in suits" XD