PDA

View Full Version : Fancy a kickabout?

D_K_Head
11th May 2009, 11:12 PM
https://footballsuperstars.com/pages/includes/game_screenshots/images/screenies/screen_grab_19.jpg
Every now and then, you stumble across somthing both stupid, and epic. Somthing that shouldn't work as a game, but does epicly. Gentlemen and Lady, I present... A football MMO.

It's pretty good, all things considered. It works on two levels. The first consists of 14 Main teams, all automatically controled, connected on a league table. Want to play a match? Just tap a button and the matchmaking will start while you can run around a pretty large city filled with fun things, or just wait in your clubhouse. The second level is PMCs, Player managed clubs. Owned by players, played in by players, these are effectively clans/guilds/squads/crews/communities, whatever.

Matches can be between 3-11 (2-10) players large, (keeper is AI) and last anywhere from 5 minutes to the full 90. Teamwork is really required to get anywhere in the game, with your performance being analysed and your position set based on your abilities.

It's just an epic game, weather your a football fan or not. Give it a try, you may be surprised. I was.

http://footballsuperstars.com/

NOOB MOMENT: 2-10 a side. My bad.

https://footballsuperstars.com/pages/includes/game_screenshots/images/screenies/screen_grab_08.jpg

Target
12th May 2009, 01:48 AM
lol dat looks so bad but i'll giv it a try sometime :D

Vicious Horizon
12th May 2009, 07:34 AM
I dont think it looks too shabby, I had an idea for a game a little like this when I was younger, just playing as one player on a pitch. I might get it, you never know ;D

Calneon
12th May 2009, 01:25 PM
I was wondering why something like this hadn't been made yet, with each player on the team a different person. Looks interesting to say the least.

D_K_Head
12th May 2009, 01:34 PM
I really want to do an atk 5v5 (4v4+goalies)

Isphera
7th July 2009, 04:35 PM
I'll try this out. Should be legend....wait for it.....and I hope your not lactose intolerant, because the second half is - dary!

Target
7th July 2009, 05:30 PM
Nice nerco oric, but as we've just downloaded the beta 5mins ago lets give it a try and see how shocking it is :D

Isphera
10th July 2009, 09:29 AM
OK - Me, Chris and DK are really getting into this game and we need you guys to come on and make it more awesome. Go to the site above, download, install and patch the client, do the tutorial, and then come feed crosses so I can start banging in more goals than Chalex bangs children.

Positions are allocated randomlywhen you start playing each game individually, so you change around a bit i.e. your not stuck in defense always, but what normally happens is I play striker/finisher, DK plays winger and Chris is defender. This leaves the Central midfield spot to a random.

Ingame names -
Mine is Behemoth
Chris is Hamill
DK is Deekay

I think VH was DL'ing it last night/today, so we can have a good laugh when he can't find the accept button to start the game when he runs it for the first time :D. But seriously, come join in the fun.

Vicious Horizon
10th July 2009, 10:57 AM
Well, last time I checked, the download said it would take 34 hours to download..

I'll check today, it crashed earlier..

D_K_Head
10th July 2009, 01:43 PM
Positions are allocated when you start playing each game individually, so you change around a bit i.e. your not stuck in defense always, but what normally happens is two of us (usually me and DK) forward, the third (usually Chris) at CM and the random in defense. If we had a whole ATK team, then it would be a lot more fluid as we could switch positions easier.

Oric gets it wrong again...

Targ plays defence. I play winger, and oric plays striker/finisher

The random tends to go wherever. We have most bases covered anyway.

Target
10th July 2009, 02:41 PM
The game is difficult to get use to, to start with but once you play for a few hours its a lot easier and works quite well

Vicious Horizon
10th July 2009, 03:13 PM
How long did it take for you guys to download this game?

'Cause atm it's taking the piss.

Isphera
10th July 2009, 03:26 PM
Oric gets it wrong again...

I did, but I was rushing to post it up and went through the rigid framework of positions (RF/LF/CM/CB). I just changed it.

And it took me 45 minutes to download.

ez64
10th July 2009, 03:26 PM
I'll download it now but I'll be at a lan this weekend just give me a nudge in msn or something :)

12 mins remaning gamershell was really slow today tons of traffic.

edit:12 mins went all the way to about 2 hours thanks to getting 53kbps from gamershell :S

Darkeagle
10th July 2009, 04:51 PM
i downloaded it, but every time i run it, my screen goes black with invalid format on it???

Vicious Horizon
10th July 2009, 06:02 PM
Use the hacks.