PDA

View Full Version : dow community game?

the witch
31st March 2007, 09:23 PM
hey i was just woundering with it being easter and most people being/starting there hoilday it would be a great time to organise anouther community game of dow/dc/wa? or a mini tournament?

what you all think?

Chazlene
31st March 2007, 09:43 PM
Good idea, I thought of something similar today, if we have a couple of teams of three people against each other, then we make up a series of maps, one in the middle, then several more on each side leading back to two maps for each team's main base, and each team has to fight through each map until they reach the enemy's base. So it's a bit like tug of war, if you understand me.

VeNom
31st March 2007, 09:44 PM
well im considering buyin dow. bout i nd to know something about it first.. Is it a online game like cs and bf or what??

the witch
31st March 2007, 09:49 PM
Its a Real Time Strategy game based on the popular tabletop game Warhammer 40,000. You can play as 1 of the 7 Races v up to 8 other people online. Its a Sci-Fi game basically where you control some aliens of one form or another (+ 2 Human races) and you have to completly fuck up the enemy team by building buildings and squads of troops and vehicles to completely batter the bloody shit out of other people... Its also very gory for an RTS.

sounds like a kool idea Chazlene , i dont really get what you mean though?

Chazlene
31st March 2007, 09:49 PM
well im considering buyin dow. bout i nd to know something about it first.. Is it a online game like cs and bf or what??

No, it's an RTS, I'm sure there's another thread saying what it's like, just find the DoW website.

sounds like a kool idea Chazlene , i dont really get what you mean though?

Well, firstly there's a battle on a central map, whoever wins then fights on the map one closer to the enemy's base. If they lose, they move back to the middle map. If they don't, they move onto the next maps towards the enemy's base, until they win by defeating the enemy at their base.

Hutch
31st March 2007, 10:27 PM
Im in. Sounds like a good idea.

Squizzel
1st April 2007, 09:16 PM
if this hasn't been done yet I'll give it a go, and if there's a space free of course. Skype and MSN are both broken so I need to find my mic and come on TS so you can contact me.

stupid programs >.<

Hutch
1st April 2007, 09:18 PM
not contact, you have to reply or talk to us in order to play, not just vegetate and not reply / suggest anything.

subsurface
1st April 2007, 09:43 PM
Iam in - Can we make teams? if so ill go with Oric just for the sheer fact he pwned me and chazlene wen we used to play it back in the day.

Chazlene
2nd April 2007, 02:20 PM
He didn't really pwn us, he just played as the most overpowered race at the time and we played as the underpowered Imp Guard.
Anyway I think Oric would want to go with me, he thinks that him and I are the best double team ever and can take over the world.

VeNom
2nd April 2007, 02:54 PM
il pwn ur asses just wait and see...(:D )

subsurface
2nd April 2007, 03:47 PM
He didn't really pwn us, he just played as the most overpowered race at the time and we played as the underpowered Imp Guard.
Anyway I think Oric would want to go with me, he thinks that him and I are the best double team ever and can take over the world.

Thats only because hes licking your ass, dow is the most un skilled gaming going.

*sit defend* *make huge army while having scouts capture points* *send huge army to enemy base* *die* *repeat*