PDA

View Full Version : Resigning as Moderator

Isphera
15th May 2009, 05:52 PM
http://www.atkcommunity.com/banners/news/general.png

Having given it plenty of thought, and also following certain events of the last few weeks IRL, I believe that it is in the best interest of myself and the community if I resign as a moderator, effective immediately, and allow someone else to take over my responsability.

There are several reasons as to why I have decided to do this, some of which will reveal themselves in the coming weeks, but there are two which I will divulge now. Firstly, I feel that my activity over the last couple of weeks has been exceptionally poor, and it is not likely to improve in the next 6 months to a year, therefore I feel uncomfortable being in a position of power when I provide a proportion of the time which some of you invest in the community.

Secondly, recent events have led to me to the opinion that I cannot be associated with certain personalities in ATK's management staff, and in order to fulfill this personal opinion, I am removing myself from their presence. I will not be divulging as to who it is and why, no matter how much Chris + Piers want to pester, and hope that there comes a time in the near future I can rectify the differences I hold with this person/these people in the near future.

In conclusion, I would like to thank the members of ATK for voting me a moderator at the beginning of the year, as they have allowed me to serve the community which has given me many good times over the last few years. I would also like to thank those that voted and voiced their opposition to me getting moderator, as it allowed me to show you how wrong you were when you called me an immature 13 year old. I hope that my replacement will do a great job and contribute more to the community than I have done, as this will help expand the community for time to come.

MC.

NOTE - I assume my mod status will be removed when Chalex sees this.

NOTE 2 - I am NOT leaving the community (unless pedo wants a say otherwise). Simply resigning as mod.

ez64
15th May 2009, 06:08 PM
:( /wave

Snerfs
15th May 2009, 06:20 PM
Omm Nom Nom?? :(

Colonel Mitch
15th May 2009, 06:30 PM
Oric..... TELL US WHO YOU'VE UPSET THIS TIME.

Isphera
15th May 2009, 06:32 PM
It's the other way round this time. Check paragraph 3.

Snerfs
15th May 2009, 06:49 PM
Come MSN and tell me if you're gonna wimp out on the forums please? :p:)

Deri
15th May 2009, 06:49 PM
Herrrrr durr

VoX
15th May 2009, 06:54 PM
Dam, sorry to see you going.

I assume this is to do with Chalex seeing as how several things have changed on his profile.

Isphera
15th May 2009, 06:56 PM
Nah, that was just funny

VoX
15th May 2009, 06:56 PM
Fair enough.

Target
15th May 2009, 07:45 PM
So does this mean ur not coming to i37?? :D

Calneon
15th May 2009, 08:11 PM
Not impressed at all with your changes to Chalex's profile. TBH I don't consider you a member of the community anymore so I think this should have happened a while ago.

It's funny, you're now acting towards Chalex just as Hutch did towards you. I thought you were more mature quite frankly.

D_K_Head
15th May 2009, 08:47 PM
oh grow up phant, we all enjoy a laugh in the community. Don't have to take everything with a straight face

Voteban chalex

Isphera
15th May 2009, 08:48 PM
I did it for the masses, besides there was a bit of humour to it. Actually, there is a third reason I resigned. I can start critisising again, because the Chalex School of Media is not controlling me anymore - yay!! It also sounds like the CSoM in your post. Deep inside, I bet you laughed so loud you fell off your chair :D It's not like I changed his profile to read defamatory and derogatory comments, to make him sound completly retarded. It's just a bit of harmless banter as I transition to a period of normality.

And I don't appreciate being compared to the tomato of suckage.

Calneon
15th May 2009, 09:38 PM
I did it for the masses, besides there was a bit of humour to it. Actually, there is a third reason I resigned. I can start critisising again, because the Chalex School of Media is not controlling me anymore - yay!! It also sounds like the CSoM in your post. Deep inside, I bet you laughed so loud you fell off your chair :D It's not like I changed his profile to read defamatory and derogatory comments, to make him sound completly retarded. It's just a bit of harmless banter as I transition to a period of normality.

And I don't appreciate being compared to the tomato of suckage.
Why would I laugh out loud because you changed Chalex's signature to a picture of a young girl and two teddy bears? I don't know what the Chalex School of Media is but I can assure you whatever I post are my own opinions.

But don't let me stop you drawing pleasure from it... if you are that way inclined.

D_K_Head
15th May 2009, 09:48 PM
I think the whole point of this was oric saying CHALEX was that way inclined. But don't let that stop you from drawing displeasure from a humerous situation.

Chazlene
15th May 2009, 10:25 PM
OH LOLZ you should have seen the mood Oric was in today at school. :rolleyes:

TBH I haven't been active as well. No-one's getting mah moderator though.

Calneon
15th May 2009, 11:29 PM
I think the whole point of this was oric saying CHALEX was that way inclined. But don't let that stop you from drawing displeasure from a humerous situation.
I know...

Chalex4
16th May 2009, 09:34 AM
It's always disappointing to see a fellow moderator leave his position, and for your work on the forum I am very grateful.

It does leave a sour taste in my mouth though that as soon as your little fling with moderator was over, you vandalised my profile because you thought you had the right. No responsibilites now, right?

If you had put something comic there I would be amused, but picking up on the pedo theme AS SOON AS you resign is just childish and lame. It really just seems like you bottled up those comments only while I gave you power, then as soon as you resign, you don't give a shit and just post whatever you please.

Thanks for the moderating though, it's just disappointing it had to end this way.

Vicious Horizon
16th May 2009, 10:36 AM
I personally find this situation humourous, but that's just me...

I just sort of wish I got a chance to see it D:

Isphera
16th May 2009, 01:10 PM
you don't give a shit and just post whatever you please.

You should know by now that I live by those words :D

I personally find this situation humourous, but that's just me...

I just sort of wish I got a chance to see it D:

Wish granted -

http://pedobears.org/images/pedobear.jpg

D_K_Head
16th May 2009, 02:13 PM
heh, thought it might be that one. Nice one oric

Vicious Horizon
16th May 2009, 03:10 PM
NICE!

I remember seeing that ages ago.

Good work Oric :P

Calneon
16th May 2009, 03:57 PM
heh, thought it might be that one. Nice one oric

NICE!

I remember seeing that ages ago.

Good work Oric :P
Sigh.

VoX
16th May 2009, 04:03 PM
Locking to prevent any stupid arguments forming.

Bloo
16th May 2009, 04:18 PM
Hey, us mods can still post! Lets have a pointless argument!