PDA

View Full Version : New Server, How many Slots

Darkeagle
16th May 2009, 06:01 PM
Ok, So when we get a up and running public server, i want to go over the slots that it holds. I was talking to some peeps last night on ts and we decided the lower the better. So to See what everyone thinks i have made a poll.

Chalex i no that you are the community leader, but i think now we have to pay for them, you should give us slightly more say in the matter.

Thanks

Darkeagle

Colonel Mitch
16th May 2009, 06:03 PM
Id like to keep it small but i like instant/low respawn :P

I second DE's argument.

Whilst a 32 man server may be carnage and get a lot of general public play on, nobody that joins bloodbath servers wants to be badgered by ads and/or join anything through it.

Also its NOTHING like match play, so makes public training kinda hard.

For these two reasons I think a properly ranked 16 man server would = win.

Trigger
16th May 2009, 06:12 PM
I dislike low respawn but IMO we should go for a 24 man if were gonna put the effort in and try to populate it.

But if not just keep 1 small server and leave it open then just lock it when we have games if its possible.

D_K_Head
16th May 2009, 06:16 PM
14. Small servers are a good thing.

Chalex4
16th May 2009, 06:19 PM
I'm all for your opinions, and creating this poll was a great idea.

I personally think that the public server shouldn't need to cater for "proper match practice" at all, and that the server should be open to the public at all times. Also, why do you want a 16 slot server when the match server basically has number of slots? Seems pointless to me.

It would also be EXTREMELY difficult to get a really popular 16/18 slot server. I truly believe that 24 slots is perfect, since I don't even look for servers with lower slots than that, because the great thing about 24 slots is that even when they're not full e.g.19 people on, you can still have a great game.

I know we've tried to get our servers popular with interesting map rotations, but we'd certainly be popular if we just had popular custom maps.

VoX
16th May 2009, 07:36 PM
14-16 man servers will attract more dedicated players, and possibly more people into ATK.

Colonel Mitch
16th May 2009, 08:04 PM
14-16 man servers will attract more dedicated players, and possibly more people into ATK.

Thats what im trying to say lol

Calneon
16th May 2009, 08:07 PM
When I search for a game, I generally skip over any server with less than 24 slots. For me 12vs12 is the perfect size for a public server. Of course if i'm looking for an arena server it should be less than 16 slot.

D_K_Head
17th May 2009, 12:16 AM
You play arena?

Target
17th May 2009, 01:02 AM
18man think they are best of both worlds, provide good public battles that will get people on the server but lower numbers so also gets more clan based people on the server aswell

Zealous
17th May 2009, 02:19 AM
I think either a 24 or a 32 man server would be best. The 32 man server would populate on its own if it has the right maps, but a 24 man one we would have to work a bit to get it populated. Anything less than 24 I think would be too small because no one would want to join (well I wouldn't). Whatever space server we go for to make it popular it needs to be fun; the only servers in my favourites list are the ones that I had fun on. And if we make are servers fun then people will want to find out more about us and might even join.

Target
17th May 2009, 06:23 PM
It don't really matter bowt the size of the server, its gettin people on it all the time, like the css server i've been playin on recently always has at least 3 or 4 clans members on the server