PDA

View Full Version : Massive spy/sniper update released (and free weekend)

Calneon
22nd May 2009, 11:01 AM
http://www.teamfortress.com/sniper_vs_spy/images/08_background.jpg

The new update has been released along with a free weekend and a 50% off sale. Here are the full patch notes:

Updates to Team Fortress 2 have been released. The specific changes include: Maps

* Added new map, Pipeline. Pipeline is the first map in a new game mode named payload race, which uses two carts in each map instead of only one like traditional payload maps
* Added new arena map Sawmill
* Added new arena map Nucleus
* Added new community payload map Hoodoo

Sniper Changes

* Added new sniper rifle replacement, The Huntsman. Instead of a sniper rifle, you have a bow that allows you to move around faster while firing, and fire more quickly than the sniper rifle. Works better at medium range than the standard rifle
* Added new SMG replacement, Jarate. If thrown on an enemy they will take more damage for short period of time. Also extinguishes flames on yourself or allies
* Added new SMG replacement, The Razorback. Will protect you against a single spy backstab, and stun the spy for a short period of time. Comes with a 15% move speed penalty for the wearer
* Standard sniper rifle now shoots through friendly players
* Added 54 new Sniper voice lines
* Added 35 new Sniper achievements

Spy

* Added new revolver replacement, The Ambassador. First shot is very accurate and will cause a critical hit if it hits an enemy's head. Accuracy is poor for a period after that
* Added new watch replacement, the Dead Ringer. When armed, you will appear in all ways to die to the first damage you take from an enemy. You'll be cloaked for 8 second after taking this damage. Upon de-cloaking you'll make a loud, distinct sound
* Added new watch replacement, the Cloak and Dagger. Your cloak meter is only depleted when you move, so you can stay invisible indefinitely if you're standing still
* Spy name tags now show up properly when disguised as their own team
* Fixed a bug that would cause spectators to see disguise weapons incorrectly
* Fixed a bug where enemy spies disguised as friendly spies would have cigarettes that didn't burn
* Fixed a bug where overhealing disguised spies would show the wrong overhealing amount to the medic
* Made it more obvious on first person view model when your motion cloak is out of juice and you are partially visible
* Also made it more obvious on first person view model when you're bumped while cloaked
* Improved the way your disguise weapon is determined to make it clearer and fix a couple of rare issues
* Spies disguised as enemy spies now get a random mask to help complete the disguise, and their target id will be set appropriately
* Spies disguised as medics now have an Ubercharge: line in their disguise target info
* Spies outward facing "disguise health" now matches their disguise target when they first apply the disguise
* Spies can now pick up health kits for their "disguise health", even when uninjured
* Disguise UI doesn't show up in minimum UI mode (hud_minmode)
* Spies that disguise as a player using an unlockable now show that unlockable in hand
* Spies can now use enemy teleporters
* Added 70 new Spy voice lines
* Added 34 new Spy achievements

Scoreboard changes

* Dominations no longer get wiped when teams switch sides
* Dead players draw slightly darker in scoreboard
* Converted class labels to class icons
* All players now display the total number of people they are dominating

General

* Fixed a bug that would cause the scout's ball to regenerate at inappropriate times
* Demomen can now detonate their stickies while taunting
* Flamethrower's air burst now extinguishes fire on friendly targets
* Grenades and rockets deflected by a pyro under the effects of Kritzkrieg will now be criticals
* The Heavy and Sniper now have new custom death animations
* Fixed payload HUD not updating properly if you join in the middle of a match and the cart isn't moving
* Engineer's dispensers now give 20%, 30%, or 40% of player's max_ammo (for each ammo type) on each use, based on the level of the dispenser
* Added -sillygibs commandline parameter which will allow the non-violent gibs to be enabled
* Added a new taunt for the Kritzkrieg, which also heals for 10 points
* Improved the deathcam camera handling used when a player plays a custom death animation

http://www.teamfortress.com/sniper_vs_spy/english.htm

Bring it on!

Trigger
22nd May 2009, 11:26 AM
Some really nice and needed changes in that lot

Colonel Mitch
22nd May 2009, 11:35 AM
Spunds epic, cant wait to do some sniping :P

Trigger
22nd May 2009, 03:23 PM
The new random unlock things suck, ive got the sandvich twice now, so pointless :(

Chalex4
22nd May 2009, 07:16 PM
I got the "Dead Ringer" spy watch, and now I'm mostly on the top of the leaderboard :D.

I really want the new ambassador, and you're right, receiving achievements you already have is soooo pointless.

Target
22nd May 2009, 07:32 PM
Bit gay that they give u achievements that you already have but at least it just stops people all playing the same class for month to get the unlocks or just goin on empty server with friends to get them all.

Calneon
22nd May 2009, 07:48 PM
Yeah, it helps in that regard. Though I thought the whole point was that casual people who don't play the game much would get the unlocks faster, but the way it is it can take weeks before you get the unlock you want.

EDIT: I just found this post (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=870820), apparently the current random system is bugged which is good news because hopefully they will get a fix out asap.

VoX
22nd May 2009, 09:46 PM
Hopefully new system will be sorted, atm it sucks.

Zealous
22nd May 2009, 11:47 PM
Maybe the ambassador is not as good as we first thought
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQW58xRYebc

Also when I was playing I was shot through the wall with one?

Calneon
23rd May 2009, 12:31 AM
Maybe the ambassador is not as good as we first thought
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQW58xRYebc

Also when I was playing I was shot through the wall with one?
They will probably fix that.

Zealous
23rd May 2009, 02:07 AM
A new tf2 blog is out explaining why they brought out the new system and what they plan do with it in the future http://www.teamfortress.com/post.php?id=2535 Initially I was totally against the new system but I think I’m slowly excepting it :).

And I really want a hat!

Target
23rd May 2009, 03:12 AM
lol the hit boxes with that gun really need sorting lolz, u can literally shoot anywhere in the vicinity of the target and get a hit but makes headshots almost impossible :D

ez64
24th May 2009, 07:03 PM
http://i44.tinypic.com/15pjsz4.jpg

Got to love the sniper spy whores atm pyro is owning :D

Loving the TF2 server being full most of the time now its pretty fast as well.

Target
25th May 2009, 12:30 AM
Yeh Darkeagle's idea of using a high end hosting company paid off, you get what you pay for

Vicious Horizon
25th May 2009, 10:18 AM
Haha, nice one EZ, I'll have to watch out for you when I'm playing spy xD

Calneon
25th May 2009, 01:28 PM
Bah ez64, 45 kills and 33 deaths isn't great :D. I remember having about 70:15 with double the score of anyone else a few times as scout. Snipers and Spies are so easy pickings for Scouts.