PDA

View Full Version : Valves Madness Explained!......Ish

Darkeagle
23rd May 2009, 08:34 AM
Well, the new update system has confused and annoyed allot of us, no one was really sure what was happening, and generally our servers were full of " HOW DO I GET SPY UNLOCKS "

Valve were quick to reply: http://www.tf2.com/post.php?id=2535

If you cant be bothered to click a link, i will sum it up for you below:

They Released a new unlock system, because the forums were full of complaints about the old one.

They Could only do this when steam cloud came out, this is why it was bundled in this update.

You are more likely to gain weapons, if you play more TF2, no other factor decides this.

They plan to update this system with:

- Item trading. This is why you're finding duplicates.
- Giving players a method to influence the system so they can work directly toward getting specific items.
- Adding more rare items like the ha

I don't mind this way, actually, but if they do it, they should take back ALL unlocks and start again, because virtually everyone has ALL unlocks but the sniper and spy, so there will not be much to trade.

Target
23rd May 2009, 10:46 AM
yeh but people hu an legit got the unlocks would be well pissed off :P

Calneon
23rd May 2009, 11:47 AM
This is all i'm interested in:

- Giving players a method to influence the system so they can work directly toward getting specific items.

And I totally agree with DE, most 'dedicated' players already have all the unlocks apart from spy and sniper, so I don't really see the point.

Trigger
23rd May 2009, 05:11 PM
I hate the new system, they should stick with the old ones so more dedicated people can get the ones they want and then keep the new one so more casual people can have them as well