PDA

View Full Version : Call Of Duty MW2 Trailer

Calneon
25th May 2009, 03:30 PM
The actual trailer has been released for CoD:MW2 by Infinity Ward. It shows ingame rendered scenes and some of the weapons and vehicles that could be in the game. It now has a confirmed release date of 10th Novemember 2009.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CN6517n1xDw

From GameReplays.org:

From the video we are able to establish some of the possible weapons that will be in the game (unconfirmed):

Amsel Striker 12
Mk .46 LMG
SR-25
W1200
KRISS Super-V
Desert Eagle
AK-47
AK-101
Glock-22
M4 Carbine
Suppressed M14
F2000
MD-3
Steyr AUG
UMP
M16
SAW
M203

From the trailer we are also able to get an insight into a few of the locations and scenes Modern Warfare 2 may take us to (unconfirmed):

Suburban setting, most likely Rio de Janeiro
Snow setting, possibly Siberia.
Underwater location
Multiple hostage situations
Abandoned airfield
Airport setting

Chalex4
25th May 2009, 04:42 PM
Not a bad trailer at all, very movie like indeed. The graphics look awesome as well, hopefully that will be what they'll be like in-game as well as for the cut scenes.

Cheers for posting - I want it now please :).

VoX
25th May 2009, 06:01 PM
Mmmm, do want.

Trigger
25th May 2009, 06:24 PM
Looks interesting, im guessing your a merc rather than US force

D_K_Head
25th May 2009, 06:33 PM
mercs are fun... and this looks truely epic...

Bring on the snowmobiles!

Calneon
25th May 2009, 07:13 PM
hopefully that will be what they'll be like in-game as well as for the cut scenes.
The trailer looks like it's been rendered in the CoD Engine, so those should be the graphics. Looks like a slightly improved version of CoD4.

Mr.Big
25th May 2009, 09:52 PM
good graphics, moar guns nice neat controls and realism is all i want

Target
25th May 2009, 10:54 PM
Yeh graphics have been slightly improved from what i've heard, should be an awesome game as cod4 was probably the best cod release since cod2 so can't wait for this one

Vicious Horizon
26th May 2009, 09:09 AM
Looks good. And I think you might play as Soap who split from the SAS, what about you? It's talking about "Revenge", and Soap would definately want some more of that, anyone even linked to.... 'that guy' (can't remember his name, Kakarov?) Would be a target for Soap to shoot the shit out of.

Calneon
26th May 2009, 11:50 AM
Looks good. And I think you might play as Soap who split from the SAS, what about you? It's talking about "Revenge", and Soap would definately want some more of that, anyone even linked to.... 'that guy' (can't remember his name, Kakarov?) Would be a target for Soap to shoot the shit out of.
The fact that the last scene from CoD4 was included in the trailer definately hints that you play soap and are out for revenge. I think they will also include some other character you play as too, because both CoD4 and CoD5 had two sides to the story.

Bloo
26th May 2009, 11:55 AM
Revenge sounds a little too extreme for Soap, afterall, the man has no personality.

Vicious Horizon
26th May 2009, 12:55 PM
Revenge sounds a little too extreme for Soap, afterall, the man has no personality.
Professionally, that is. And yeah, you should be playing two sides of the story, I think the secondary side of the story will be a militant? Or maybe brazillian military, looks like the story's gonna be in South America.

Or... American military again, seeing as it would be a threat to american security maybe?

Calneon
26th May 2009, 12:56 PM
I'd say it's quite hard to show personality in a first person perspective. The fact that he never speaks is probably a design choice by the developers rather than them saying, 'ok we don't want this guy to have a personality'.

Bloo
26th May 2009, 04:19 PM
I'd say it's quite hard to show personality in a first person perspective. The fact that he never speaks is probably a design choice by the developers rather than them saying, 'ok we don't want this guy to have a personality'.

You're taking my comment waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too seriously. :p

D_K_Head
26th May 2009, 04:43 PM
SRS FACE >:C

I'm hoping we don't have to play as another yankee cannon fodder in CoD6, simply because I didn't enjoy most of their levels... all out testosterone fueled clusterfucking isn't as good as sneaking around russia for some reason...My guess would be Soap stays with the SAS, with any second side being some sort of PMC, or even just a militia in brazil...

But, let's face it, the Even CoDs have always kicked arse, so I don't really mind...

Calneon
26th May 2009, 07:35 PM
But, let's face it, the Even CoDs have always kicked arse, so I don't really mind...
I.E the ones made by Infinity Ward and not Treyarch (except CoD1 ofcourse).

Colonel Mitch
26th May 2009, 07:48 PM
SRS FACE >:C

I'm hoping we don't have to play as another yankee cannon fodder in CoD6, simply because I didn't enjoy most of their levels... all out testosterone fueled clusterfucking isn't as good as sneaking around russia for some reason...My guess would be Soap stays with the SAS, with any second side being some sort of PMC, or even just a militia in brazil...

SRS face?....

SRS is a type of advanced airbag system for cars :P

And also as Gary has informed me, a street racing game

Calneon
26th May 2009, 08:35 PM
SRS face?....

SRS is a type of advanced airbag system for cars :P

And also as Gary has informed me, a street racing game
srs = serious

Target
26th May 2009, 09:35 PM
I think mitch was being sarcastic, srs was pretty obv

D_K_Head
26th May 2009, 09:39 PM
What does Oblivion have to do with me using a shortened version of Serious?

Vicious Horizon
27th May 2009, 08:45 AM
What does Oblivion have to do with me using a shortened version of Serious?

What does Oblivion have to do with any of the above posts o.o'

Bloo
27th May 2009, 01:23 PM
Its an example of a sequel that wasn't as good as it predecessor - but was a better financial success.

Hopefully MW2 won't be, it'll be better and more successful!

Tenuous I know, but I'm tired.

Vicious Horizon
27th May 2009, 06:53 PM
Ah ok, I get it =)

Target
27th May 2009, 07:15 PM
I think he was just refering to the fact i put obv and the end instead of obvious and decided to do what mitch had done with srs

D_K_Head
27th May 2009, 11:18 PM
Bloo pretty much nailed it. Moving on though, who's happy that we might have F2000's in the next CoD? I am...

Calneon
2nd June 2009, 01:23 PM
Single Player Demo at E3, haven't watched it yet though:

http://www.gamereplays.org/callofduty4/portals.php?show=news&news_id=497079&home

Vicious Horizon
2nd June 2009, 01:29 PM
Wow, thought "MacTavish" sounded familiar, it's Soap XD

Calneon
2nd June 2009, 02:42 PM
Just watched it, looks damn fine.

D_K_Head
2nd June 2009, 05:16 PM
Oh My...

Trigger
2nd June 2009, 05:35 PM
Looks good, though they could have given the poor guy playing a seat

Calneon
2nd June 2009, 05:52 PM
Looks good, though they could have given the poor guy playing a seat
Seats are reserved for people playing it on PC. Xbox and PS3 users must stand to play this game.

Bloo
2nd June 2009, 06:49 PM
OMG! That is definately a classic in the making.

I particularly like all the MW1 homages: Soap saving you from falling just in time, and the helicopter chase at the end (a bit like the ending of MW1). The only thing more epic is that Soap was the guy that experienced all the crap before! :D

Oh gods, E3 is happening, my revision is going to plummet now...

Vicious Horizon
2nd June 2009, 07:56 PM
Hang on, that's a point, that mission is just like the Shipment one.

You think Captain Price got saved by MacMillan when he was a newbie? Heh.

Target
2nd June 2009, 09:29 PM
Lol how much of tool must the guy stood up playin feel, wuld deffo want a seat :P Looks an awesome game though and they hav a decent amount of vehicles it would seem, bit like BF2 with a better weapon system :P

Bloo
3rd June 2009, 12:24 PM
I just noticed, the video at the beginning says the two of you are part of Task Force <Some number I forgot>, not SAS. Maybe that means something. *shrugs*

Vicious Horizon
3rd June 2009, 01:14 PM
Don't the SAS have Task Forces? There's not 5 guys in the whole SAS.

Bloo
3rd June 2009, 01:32 PM
Of course they don't, in CoD4 however it named the unit SAS 22nd (if memory serves) Regiment. However I just looked at wikipedia and it says that Task Force 141 is a (fictional) multinational commando unit. So uhh, Rainbow Six then. :p

It also makes me wonder, oh gods, does that mean Roach is a yank?