PDA

View Full Version : Milo - Natal

D_K_Head
3rd June 2009, 01:59 AM
Ok, so i'm not a huge fan of consoles. This is not new news, and I'm also not a fan of motion sensitive stuff. This is also not new news. But I think this one is pretty fucking epic. No better word for it. It is unique.

A new control system for the Xbox
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-09-project-natal/50013

And the more amazing looking first real game footage involving the system.
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-09-lionhead-milo/50016

Vicious Horizon
3rd June 2009, 07:46 AM
Isn't this Microsoft's plan to make the 360 even more casual than the Wii? xD

Calneon
3rd June 2009, 10:56 AM
It's Microsoft's answer to the Wii. If it works it could be great, but everything in that video is staged and coreographed to the video on the TV. I find it hard to believe they could do something as complex as that within the next few years.

Trigger
3rd June 2009, 11:56 AM
Man the complexities and limitations of that is insane, id have to agree with Phantom about the realism of that

The "actual features and functionality may vary" is key

but anyway whats wrong with a controller? how would you do an Fps?

Target
3rd June 2009, 12:34 PM
LOL u wuld run around ur living room pretending ur in cod!!! Would be pretty awesome if it works, but i highly doubt it would be anything like that video showed, playin a four player game like FIFA u would need a big space for it.

Vicious Horizon
3rd June 2009, 01:13 PM
And realistically, who has a 500k house with that much room here, let alone with the consoletards.

ez64
3rd June 2009, 01:47 PM
And realistically, who has a 500k house with that much room here, let alone with the consoletards.

It's more like 850k :D

Colonel Mitch
3rd June 2009, 02:17 PM

You could always play outside :P

I have to say that looked amazing tho. The hardest part would probably be voice recognition as teh rest of its recognition (movement, identifying a colour on paper, etc) is pretty simple (in theory :P) but everyone has a different voiceand speaks in different context

Calneon
3rd June 2009, 02:23 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if in the end it required you to wear special clothing, i just don't see how it can differentiate between all the limbs and coloured clothing.

VoX
3rd June 2009, 06:18 PM
PS3 is fighting back. (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/8080436.stm)

D_K_Head
3rd June 2009, 06:43 PM
That looks a hell of a lot better for controls vox... and by the looks of it, it isn't some stupid half arsed wii controls either...

Calneon
3rd June 2009, 09:10 PM
Sony's attempt does look a lot better, mainly because it's an actual tech demo and not a concept. Love the part at the end when he's fighting the orks.

Target
3rd June 2009, 11:06 PM
PS3 one looks a lot more possible, but also the controls do look pretty difficult, like for fps its hard to accurately aim quickly using those controllers, but maybe when they develop them fully it will be easier, definately looks like that will be readty before the xbox version me thinks.