PDA

View Full Version : Americas Army 3 - Free Steam Preload

Chalex4
11th June 2009, 10:26 AM
Download AA3 Today and Become a Member of the elite America's Army Team!

Start playing America's Army 3 today. America's Army fans and new players alike can now experience America's Army 3, the official U.S. Army game, which has more authentic military elements including training, technology, weapons, and audio than any other military game.

Built on Unreal Engine 3, AA3 delivers stunningly realistic characters, environments, lighting effects, animations, and team-based experiences. In the game where Every Detail Counts™, players are bound by Rules of Engagement (ROE) and gain experience as you navigate challenges in team-based, multiplayer, force-on-force operations. With 15 different map/mission combinations and exclusive advanced training that allows you to unlock new abilities and customize your gear, you'll experience Soldiering in the U.S. Army like never before.

Find strength like no other in a game like no other. Start your mission now!

AA3 is a totally free game, like AA2, and if it turns out to be good then noone has an excuse not to play! The AA2 graphics were amazing for their time, and I'm hoping the AA3 ones will be just as awesome in today's terms.

It is released on the 17th June, and you can preload it now: http://store.steampowered.com/app/13140/ .

Calneon
11th June 2009, 10:57 AM
It's worth a try I guess because it's free. I posted this in the shoutbox before you BTW :D.

Zealous
11th June 2009, 11:17 AM
I am preloading right now! Looks epic and it's free.

D_K_Head
11th June 2009, 11:59 AM
already loaded. Looks like it's somthing ATK needs to squad up for :D

(dibs on sniper rifle. I don't care... no, be quie... Stop complaining. You really shouldn... SHUT UP, THE SNIPER RIFLE IS MINE!)

ez64
11th June 2009, 02:06 PM
Sorry when did AA2 come out :D

I played a couple of 24 hour straight gaming sessions the first AA as it was pretty awesome apart from the real life traning sessions that took a horrific amount of time.

Chalex4
11th June 2009, 02:12 PM
It might be the original AA I am thinking of, but to be honest I can't remember.

I doubt they skipped out AA2.

Vicious Horizon
11th June 2009, 03:14 PM
ArmA II but free, and smaller?

ez64
11th June 2009, 03:50 PM
AA is not free, it steals your soul with subliminal messaging and forwards it to the US army :D

Trigger
11th June 2009, 04:10 PM
Good propaganda and recruitment scheme, i think the British should launch there own game :D

Will check it out unless its to filled with too much "America are the best"

Chalex4
11th June 2009, 05:08 PM
Who's really going to want to join the army after getting killed in-game a few hundred times lol.

Also, you have to make a new account for AA3. Pre-register here:
http://login.americasarmy.com/

Trigger
11th June 2009, 05:21 PM
Who's really going to want to join the army after getting killed in-game a few hundred times lol.

Youd be surprised then, i havent got the facts up but it has made a considerable difference, most people dont see the death aspect. Most see the comradeship and skills side

D_K_Head
11th June 2009, 05:22 PM
who cares about the army anyway? we play games for fun, not to go try it for real...

Come to think of it, the only thing I do in games that I want to try myself is snowboarding...

ez64
11th June 2009, 06:37 PM
who cares about the army anyway? we play games for fun, not to go try it for real...

Come to think of it, the only thing I do in games that I want to try myself is snowboarding...

But there are plenty of borderline americans that have nothing better to do than play a free game and then decided to join the army.

It's a good idea tbh.

Target
11th June 2009, 07:51 PM
Guaranteed Oric will luv this game :D Haven't played original but I'll get this preloaded :D

Vicious Horizon
11th June 2009, 07:57 PM
Grarwl, I'll pre-load it when I get around to it >_>

And I'm joining RAF when I'm older, Rotary Pilot or a troop.

(My brother's going in as Rotary Loadie, which includes Helo Door Gunner, "GET SOME! GET SOME!", e-cookie for guessing that reference XD)

Chazlene
11th June 2009, 08:10 PM
I have an excuse not to play. I DON'T WANT TO BE A FUCKING AMERICAN.

Apparently a lot more nerds have recruited since AA came out.

D_K_Head
11th June 2009, 08:50 PM
Lies. You want to be fat and stupid.

ez64
11th June 2009, 09:02 PM
Lies. You want to be fat and stupid.

The American dream :D

Vicious Horizon
12th June 2009, 07:48 AM
Well said ez XD

Isphera
13th June 2009, 07:40 AM
OK, I've changed my first post. The first game was crap. I might try this one see if they have improved it, but the US Army should focus of doing what they do best.

D_K_Head
13th June 2009, 09:31 AM
invading countries without the means to defend themselves and stealing their exports for their own personal wealth?

(IE: The colonies with the British Empire)

VoX
13th June 2009, 10:11 AM
No DK, friendly fire of course!

Trigger
13th June 2009, 10:21 AM
No DK, never winning any wars they start!