PDA

View Full Version : [Spy video] David Blaine

Mr.Magic
11th June 2009, 12:40 PM
I guess this video might not be so relevant now after the spy/sniper update but I figured I could share it with you guys anyways. The main goal was to try to be a little different, I didn't include a lot of chain stabs or stair stabs, instead I tried to focus on the style and execution of each individual kill/moment. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxNyOJ9fOLA&fmt=22

All footage was captured on public servers after Scout update and before sniper/spy update. There's a downloadable version if anyone wants it.

Chalex4
11th June 2009, 12:58 PM
Wooow, thanks for sharing. I must say you've got some pretty awesome moves, I really need to try some of those jump-down-and-backstab kills.

Do you use any of the spy unlocks yourself? I use the ambassador, and the feign death one is also pretty cool.

Calneon
11th June 2009, 01:02 PM
Some awesome spyage there, lovely jump stabs espcially the one at 1:03. Music kinda spoiled it though.

Mr.Magic
11th June 2009, 01:05 PM
Yeah I use them all occasionally. I'm still experimenting with revolver and ambassador to see which one I prefer, so far I think the revolver is still much better in close/mid range pistol fights, especially against someone who knows how to dodge. Whereas the Ambassador is much better in some specific situations, the revolver seems to be more all around.

I basically only use cloak and dagger for when I need to plan my attacks better, like if I'm playing blu on badwater and we're at the final point and when I'm playing pugs/scrim. I love the dead ringer but if I want to be as efficient as I can I'll just go with the original cloak since it's the most versatile.

D_K_Head
11th June 2009, 01:59 PM
yeah, so far most of the unlocks seem to be for specific playstyles... only really all-around one I've found is the flare gun...

Nice video, have to give those spots a try sometime.

Calneon
11th June 2009, 03:02 PM
yeah, so far most of the unlocks seem to be for specific playstyles... only really all-around one I've found is the flare gun...

Flare gun is still pretty specifically to deal with long range snipers and general harassment. Shotgun is way better for finishing off somebody in any situation. Huntsman is quite all-round even though it is quite different to the sniper rifle. Natasha is also different but useful in most situations. Ubersaw and Blutsauger are just better than the originals.

D_K_Head
11th June 2009, 03:22 PM
flaregun works great at medium range too, and close range is what the flamer is for :P

Huntsman requires pretty good timing... Natasha is only really good on defence, or when fighting fast movers... but I agree with you on the medic ones.

Zealous
11th June 2009, 04:20 PM
Nice, that was epic :D. You jump backstabed me yesterday, all a saw was a flying medic go over me and before I could react I was dead :mad:, epic kill. Just looked at your tf2 stats and no wonder your good you have over 200 hours as the spy!

Trigger
11th June 2009, 04:23 PM
Nice vid, love the jumping stabs and that reversal on the scout was pretty dam decent

Target
11th June 2009, 07:46 PM
Some awesome spyage there, agreed with D K that flare gun is a good all round weapon u just have to learn to be accurate with it.

Deri
14th June 2009, 05:30 PM
Pretty run of the mill spying there, nice job.

Trigger
14th June 2009, 09:23 PM
oooh burn

D_K_Head
14th June 2009, 09:34 PM
is deri playing as pyro?

Because you just got burned! :P

Trigger
14th June 2009, 10:10 PM
you cant just leach off my comment, get some originality man :P

Calneon
14th June 2009, 10:48 PM
you cant just leach off my comment, get some originality man :P
Yeah DK be more original.

Deri
14th June 2009, 11:01 PM
I wasn't doing anything, I just said he was showing some good spy skills.

Deri
14th June 2009, 11:02 PM

Also lolwut

Illmatic
14th June 2009, 11:20 PM
Good Vid Mate) <333

Offtopic: Deri, r you russian or so?

D_K_Head
14th June 2009, 11:37 PM
Oh, did deri cause a major rift in time and space, thus dooming mankind as we know it?

Because you just got burned! :P

Darkeagle
15th June 2009, 05:12 PM
http://www.mzzt.net/tf2/dark/flamethrower/default/Deri /default/Mr Magic.png

On another note, try that tool out, heres on that i made earlier:

http://www.mzzt.net/tf2/crit/dark/shotgun/default/Kurt%20Cobain/default/Kurt%20Cobain.png

and my favourite:

http://wadle.co.uk/johnny.png

Mr.Magic
15th June 2009, 05:36 PM
lol what is this?

Deri
15th June 2009, 05:37 PM
lol what is this?

Noobs taking criticism as insults.