PDA

View Full Version : America's Army 3 is out! But........

Zealous
17th June 2009, 10:51 PM
as with all steam game releases it was delayed and is full of bugs and glitches.

This is a list of bugs that people have found so far LINK (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=898842)

Even though people have pre loaded you have to download half the game again! Currently I’m on 62% and it say the estimated time is 19 hours lol.

Hope they sort this out soon because i was looking forward to this game :(

D_K_Head
17th June 2009, 11:01 PM
73% for me. Here's hoping it turns out to be worth the wait...

Target
18th June 2009, 02:33 AM
It wouldn't even start verifying on myn so am gunna see if it will download tmora when hopefully there are a few less people trying
Ty for the link to the bugs VH actually very useful to have a luk at, after reading the comments posted on the steam forum it would seem pretty pointless atm to actually bother downloading the game, they've kinda ruined all the hype about this game by releasing it in such a poor state and not having the servers ready for sooo many people to download the game and connect. You just have to lol at how negative the comments on the steam forum are, not one person has found anything good about the game its just full of probs that kill the game and crash ur pc :O

Calneon
18th June 2009, 10:20 AM
I just logged on this morning at it had verified and downloaded in about 30 mins. I have an exam at 1 so i'll check it out after that.

D_K_Head
18th June 2009, 10:59 AM
Yeah... I keep crashing on the shooting exam thingie...

Tip: Don't try to fire SS faster than full auto, and don't stop holding youe breath while the annoying pew pew sound is still going...

Chalex4
18th June 2009, 11:53 AM
This has probably been the most shambolic release on steam ever.

I verified and updated and it still said it was unreleased for some reason. This fixed the problem:

1) rename the gamefolder "americas army 3" to anything else

2) restart steam, it should show you "americas army 100% ready"

3) rename the folder back to americas army 3

4) restart steam, game should be 100% ready now and working

I'm starting the game up now.

Trigger
18th June 2009, 01:51 PM
Thanks chalex ive got the same, ill try it now

Edit: ok it says i can now play it but its not available, same for everyone else?

Zealous
18th June 2009, 02:36 PM
Well I can get in to the game ok, but when I complete the obstacle course or the shooting range training it crashes. Also when I tried multiplayer no one was playing it so I just joined anyway and a blue screen came up! So I turned off my computer and when I turned it back on it had changed my computers resolution to the worst it can be and my icons and stuff were all scattered everywhere. Why would they release a game that doesn’t work?

Calneon
18th June 2009, 02:53 PM
I started it up but can't create an account, either says my password doesnt match the confirm password (which it does), or i click next, nothing happens, and the next button disappears.

VoX
19th June 2009, 04:16 PM
http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/48427/Americas-Army-Development-Studio-Closed

Lol.

Zealous
19th June 2009, 05:20 PM
Lol, don't blame them; it was the worst game release ever!

D_K_Head
19th June 2009, 06:20 PM
I Rofl'd...

Target
19th June 2009, 10:48 PM
Well if AA3 ever works please can some post it on here

Chalex4
20th June 2009, 01:10 PM
They released a patch last night, which fixes a lot of stuff, but by no means all of it.

I managed to FINALLY log in, then I completed all the basic training with no hitches and after about 8 attempts I managed to play online too, but that part is still buggy as hell.

Have you guys done the medic training? It's easier than the original AA one, but still you have to remember stuff from a presentation!

Calneon
20th June 2009, 02:26 PM
You don't need to do the training to play online any more, so I don't see myself doing the training, I already know how to play FPS games.

Target
20th June 2009, 04:22 PM
Kool, I'll have a look and see if steam is going to let me finish downloading it this year :D And at least they've started steam-rolling out the problems :P

Chalex4
20th June 2009, 05:22 PM
You don't need to do the training to play online any more, so I don't see myself doing the training, I already know how to play FPS games.

I believe that you still have to do the training to unlock some guns though.

Vicious Horizon
20th June 2009, 06:47 PM
>_> I'll get it. You convinced me.