PDA

View Full Version : Are We Really Intrested?

Darkeagle
18th June 2009, 05:26 PM
Well, lets be honest, we have not been the best team in the world, and things have not seemed to be getting better. So i want to change everything about the team, yes, i want to make it into a proper team.

We will still be having fun, but i will expect our team to PLAY, expect our team to help Populate the server, and i will expect our team to help in other aspects that i cannot be bothered to go into at the moment in time.

As some of you MAY know, phantom has decided to leave the TF2 for a bit, he is getting bored of playing tf2 at the moment.

So, even if all of you want to go for this new team, we will still have to recruit members.

Some of the changes you may expect with this new team:

The best people will play, we will not rotate, if you turn up for training and are a better player you WILL play.

I expect every player to play some public in the week, not to much, but at least a couple of hours, excluding training at matches.

People will turn up for training, and if they dont, they will not play matches.

So thats what i want to do, so far these are the people supposedly in the TF2 team:

Me Yes
DP Yes
Vox Yes
Trig
Marshy Yes
VH
Zelous Yes
Mitch Yes
Target Yes
Cillit
DK Yes
Paper Tiger Yes
Oric Yes
If im mistaken, im sorry, just post below and i will take your names off.

Now, post below if you want to join this NEW team, it dosent matter if you dont, it just time for a change.

VoX
18th June 2009, 05:28 PM
Count me in.

D_K_Head
18th June 2009, 05:32 PM
I've taken the piss before, but I think it might be different like this...

I'll join, if you'll have me

Darkeagle
18th June 2009, 05:32 PM
Sure will, it will be like a whole new team

Zealous
18th June 2009, 05:36 PM
I want to join the new team :D. I play alot of tf2 anyway in the week, and I'll try and go on our server a bit more as well :).

Marshy
18th June 2009, 05:56 PM
I havent been on much, thank you GCSEs but they are over now and im good to go!

I can be on whenever you want!

Darkpidgeon
18th June 2009, 06:24 PM
of course ill join :D

Trigger
18th June 2009, 06:33 PM
You say that now, but will everyone still be putting the amount of effort in a months time?

Target
18th June 2009, 06:38 PM
If the teams going to be serious with possible mixes and matches during the week I will join, if the team is picked from people who turn up to training regularly and on time aswell as being based on performance.

Deri
18th June 2009, 06:45 PM
Moar matches
less rage
moar fun

Paper Tiger
18th June 2009, 06:46 PM
I will eventually join, once I've got round to setting up the dual boot, but, problem is. I'm not great. So if you're going purely on a performance basis, forget it. That's BS IMO. If you turn up and try, you should be commended for such actions. It's better than not turning up at all.

So, count me if for now, I'll hopefully be up and running by Sunday :) I'll start the process of dual boot tonight.

Calneon
18th June 2009, 06:52 PM
I will eventually join, once I've got round to setting up the dual boot, but, problem is. I'm not great. So if you're going purely on a performance basis, forget it. That's BS IMO. If you turn up and try, you should be commended for such actions. It's better than not turning up at all.

So, count me if for now, I'll hopefully be up and running by Sunday :) I'll start the process of dual boot tonight.
Leaders pick the best people for the team, that's the way it is unfortunately. If there's enough people i'm sure DE can set up two teams, possibly with some people playing in both if you don't quite have 12 people.

Paper Tiger
18th June 2009, 07:05 PM
I know you need a good team, but what if you're always at training? Always in the server playing? Always free at match times, but 'cos you're not quite good enough, never get picked? How is that fair?

EDIT: Shutting up before it gets stupid

Marshy
18th June 2009, 07:25 PM
Moar matches
less rage
moar fun

moar training ;)

Colonel Mitch
18th June 2009, 08:06 PM
YES!

That's what she said!

Mr.Magic
18th June 2009, 10:05 PM
People will turn up for training, and if they dont, they will not play matches.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGDBR2L5kzI

Darkeagle
18th June 2009, 10:39 PM
WE ant talking about the game, we talking bout practice

Target
19th June 2009, 12:43 AM
Think we have enough people for two teams, so if we have enough active people that turn up for training then we can have two teams and the first team can be picked on performance and commitment and the second can be made up of the people who didnt perform well enough that particular week or didn;t turn up for training when required???

If u want to be in the competitive team then you need to be a committed player, if you just want the social crack and a few laughs then a second team would be great

Darkeagle
19th June 2009, 07:04 AM
Yeah, i will look into two teams after ive had a couple of training sessions, etc

Isphera
19th June 2009, 07:22 AM
The best people will play, we will not rotate, if you turn up for training and are a better player you WILL play.

I expect every player to play some public in the week, not to much, but at least a couple of hours, excluding training at matches.

Seeing as my exams have finished (pretty much) and I love what you said above, put me down for medic :D

And that Allen Iverson quote is classic. Here's one which sums the team of old up nicely. It regards a team a couple years ago going from a playoff team to a shitheap.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qwq7BYOnDrM

Zealous
19th June 2009, 02:32 PM
put me down for medic :D

Game on Oric, game on (If you didn't know I play medic as well)

Target
20th June 2009, 01:09 AM
Was thinking that, if we get everyone who wants to play to turn up, then we can have Trig and DE as captains pick two teams (hopefully skill balanced) then see how people perform in diff rolls, how they listen to orders etc, maybe switch teams around if neccessary and then name who's in each team???

Colonel Mitch
20th June 2009, 01:46 AM
Was thinking that, if we get everyone who wants to play to turn up, then we can have Trig and DE as captains pick two teams (hopefully skill balanced) then see how people perform in diff rolls, how they listen to orders etc, maybe switch teams around if neccessary and then name who's in each team???

The ideas good but i dont think trig and de should both be captains as there both good players and would both want to be A-Team.

I will make a poll about the matter of de/trig as captain :P

Target
20th June 2009, 04:11 PM
no u have the 2 good players as captians just for this so that we can tell how good everyone else it by having balanced teams, therefore seeing how good peoples team work and general skill is... then we can split into a and b team, with DE picking the A team and selecting someone else to lead team B