PDA

View Full Version : PVP first to structure battles :)

Colonel Mitch
20th June 2009, 01:34 AM
Me and oric have been practicing pvp setups in frigs, destroyers, cruisers and battlecruisers.

Just did a couple of epic duels (only to structure damage of course;)) in our drake class battlecruisers.

Oric won hands down the first time, though my ship was poorly equipped for pvp.

The next battle took place half an hour later after I had trained defender missiles and purchased 1 million ISK's work of ballistic control systems and shield resistance amplifiers and a medium energy syphon.

The ballistic control systems increase the damage dealt by my missiles and reduce time between firing.

The shield resistance amplifiers increase my resistance to damage of certain types, thus making missles do xx% less damage.

The defender missiles shoot down oncoming missiles before they damage you.

The energy syphon kept my cap alive as 5 sheild modules would deplete it in just over 6 mins otherwise.

This went much better for me, and about 25 mins later I emerged the victor, having lost only around half my shield by the time Oric was into structure damage :D

This is a screenshot of my current pvp sheild setup :)

EDIT: My armour wasnt damaged when i took that screenshot, i dont know why that reappeard then.

http://i513.photobucket.com/albums/t333/piers1989/evesheildresist.jpg

Isphera
20th June 2009, 08:44 AM
In my defense, I normally don't do PVP and I had a largely PVE setup for both. But it was fun, we should do an ATK PVP frig tourney.

Calneon
20th June 2009, 11:39 AM
Woah that all meant nothing to me :P. Also, no AA is eww.

Target
20th June 2009, 04:19 PM
Yeh when we all get some isk saved up we need to sort some pvp frigs out :D

Mr.Big
20th June 2009, 07:01 PM
hmm, both of your fits, post them here

a great Drake fit is with

HIGH:
7x Heavy Missile Launcher T2

MED:
2x Invulnerability Field T2
1x Warp Disruptor T2 / Shield Recharger T2 depends if someone else is warp jammin
3x Large Shield extender T2

LOW:
2x Ballistics Control System T2
2x Shield Power Relay T2

RIGS:
3x Core Defence Field Purgers T1

with my skills i get 43k Effective hp, plus 150shield regen per sec
and i could get slightly better with some extra minor shield implants

and btw this is not a cheap fit xD i think around 100m with insurance, the rigs are 30m
and if u cant use something there, just go for something T1 of that named preferably

Isphera
21st June 2009, 08:13 AM
I assume that with that setup you have support frigs and crusiers, as you have no way of killing to smaller ships quickly, because your heavy missiles will not hit them that well.

Mr.Big
21st June 2009, 07:17 PM
I assume that with that setup you have support frigs and crusiers, as you have no way of killing to smaller ships quickly, because your heavy missiles will not hit them that well.

That is a very heavy tank, but these missiles arent that bad against smaller targets, and mainly in pvp ppl dont fight on frigs :P usually cruiser and up, and since most ppl are on HACS, that will tank a HAC with relative ease for a while, maby enough for you to take him down, but as i said a frig aint gona break that tank :) so youre fine

Colonel Mitch
21st June 2009, 07:43 PM
That is a very heavy tank, but these missiles arent that bad against smaller targets, and mainly in pvp ppl dont fight on frigs :P usually cruiser and up, and since most ppl are on HACS, that will tank a HAC with relative ease for a while, maby enough for you to take him down, but as i said a frig aint gona break that tank :) so youre fine

One thing to bare in mind, we dont have 5million isk to spare, let alone 150 million ISK, i have the skills to use almost every module I'd want too but most of the tech 2 is so many times mroe expensive at this level i cant justify it. Oric has quite a bit but im not sure how long it'll all last if we threw it around like that :P

Mr.Big
21st June 2009, 11:30 PM
One thing to bare in mind, we dont have 5million isk to spare, let alone 150 million ISK, i have the skills to use almost every module I'd want too but most of the tech 2 is so many times mroe expensive at this level i cant justify it. Oric has quite a bit but im not sure how long it'll all last if we threw it around like that :P

hehe, me and my friends used to farm lvl4's and salvaging everything to make rigs, and now we mine we are three with hulks and one on an orca for massive bonuses and hauling the cargo.

Isphera
22nd June 2009, 08:28 AM
Yeah, I do have quite a lot, but if I kept spending 150 mill on T2 stuff, then I would be out relatively quickly. Now, if loads of people subscribed and we got Zurmithera going properly, then we might get a decent enough revnue stream to make it viable to start gearing everyone up...