PDA

View Full Version : Mammoth TF2 Update Released!

Chalex4
24th June 2009, 12:52 AM
Check this stuff out :D.

General

Added an option to the advanced multiplayer menu to select left or right handed view models

Fixed a bug where a spectator's wearable items could be seen floating around the player they were spectating

Fixed a bug where a fake Spy hand would appear on the screen of other players

Custom death animations now only play 25% of the time

Fixed teleporters not being build-able in some places where they should be (such as within the pit at the end of Badwater Basin)

Fixed rare client crash on connection and level change

Removed refract from water ripples caused by bullet impacts for performance reasons

Added log entries for player extinguished events using the medigun, jarate, flamethrower and dispenser

Started tracking localization settings to help make decisions regarding localization in the future

Fixed the blank progress bar in the upper-left of the screen when the client scheme is reloaded

Mapmaker requests

Added spawn flag to func_respawnroomvisualizer that allows it be non-solid to players

Added SetSolid input to func_respawnroomvisualizer to change solidity to players dynamically

Added OnWonByTeam1 and OnWonByTeam2 outputs to the TFGamerulesProxy

Sniper

Fixed a bad detection case in the "Friendship is Golden" achievement

Changed the description of the "Triple Prey" achievement so it better describes how to get it

Critical arrows now have a trail and correctly deal enhanced damage

The Huntsman now defaults to be right handed

Friendly arrows will no longer trigger the near miss sound on you

Fixed several sources of floating arrows

Spy

Fixed disguised Spies occasionally looking like they have invulnerability, instead of the correct fake Spy mask

Disguised spies will no longer lose their disguise weapon when they interact with a weapon locker

Fixed a bug where the spy's watch would randomly change models during play

Fixed uncloaked spies flickering in and out of the cloak effect when taking damage

The Cloak and Dagger now always regenerates at its intended rate. Previously it only regenerated at the correct rate when the spy was cloaked

Increased the Cloak and Dagger regeneration rate slightly

Capped the rate of energy loss from moving faster than run speed (falling / air toss) while cloaked with the Cloak and Dagger

The Dead Ringer's cloak consume rate has been slightly reduced, giving about an extra second of cloak time on a full meter

Emerging from the Dead Ringer's cloak now drains up to 40% of the cloak meter instead of 100%. This drain only happens if the meter is at least 60% full

The Dead Ringer's cloak meter can now be regenerated from ammo sources

The Ambassador now only crits when fully accurate and no longer penetrates enemies

The Spy can no longer change weapons from the knife while shocked by the Razorback

Force-A-Nature & Flamethrower air blast knockback effects no longer work on disguised spies

Fixed disguised Spies showing the wrong teleporter effects when using an enemy teleporter

A huge amount of the spy & sniper update complaints have now been addressed - and the huntsman is now right handed!!

Overall, an awesome update :D. I'm updating our server now.

Mr.Big
24th June 2009, 02:07 AM
Thank god the bow is now righthanded lefthanded bow it was so painful to look at

Darkeagle
24th June 2009, 08:27 AM
i saw the thread and expected something more intresting.

BUT

I just got a level 15 bonk, looking at the forums, this means nothing yet, but what dose valve have in mind?

Chalex4
24th June 2009, 09:50 AM
Yeah, I've got a level 5 bonk. Perhaps they're just the same thing, but I don't know why they'd be different levels.

Perhaps you can fly with this one :p.

D_K_Head
24th June 2009, 10:33 AM
The Huntsman now defaults to be right handed

THANK YOU

Calneon
24th June 2009, 11:30 AM
# The Dead Ringer's cloak meter can now be regenerated from ammo sources

W00T!

Trigger
24th June 2009, 12:59 PM
# The Dead Ringer's cloak meter can now be regenerated from ammo sources

W00T!

QFT!!

Isphera
24th June 2009, 01:07 PM
Medics need a change - make the needle gun and the Blutsauger a feasible weapon and not a spray and pray gun.

D_K_Head
24th June 2009, 01:14 PM
you want medics to be MORE powerful?

am I sensing bias here?

Isphera
24th June 2009, 01:18 PM
Yes, very much so :)

D_K_Head
24th June 2009, 01:23 PM
so... the spies should have a knife that never does crits, but always backstabs...

(is the equivilent of what you just said)

Isphera
24th June 2009, 01:34 PM
Come on, try killing someone with the needle gun, it's near impossible unless you spray. And that's just not fun.

Either that or i'm shit at it.

Chalex4
24th June 2009, 01:47 PM
Personally I've found the needle gun to be one of the most effective weapons in the game.

Mr.Magic
24th June 2009, 01:51 PM
Come on, try killing someone with the needle gun, it's near impossible unless you spray. And that's just not fun.

Either that or i'm shit at it.

Could it possibly be because the medic was not designed to go on killing sprees? <_> Frnakly the needle guns are already very powerful, especially against 125 hp classes and pyros.

Isphera
24th June 2009, 03:36 PM
I'm not debating the fact it does damage, I'm quarreling the fact it is ridiculously hard to hit anyone. because it is so inaccurate due to the projectile nature of the weapon, i.e target is no longer where it was when they get there. I also accept the medic is not an attack class, but I would actually like a semi-feasible weapon to defend myself and my patients against spies and bum rushing pyro's. To be honest, I would quite happily forgo some of its power and rate of fire in order to have a more accurate weapon.

That's my main problem with the needle gun/blutsauger.

Of course, it could be that I need practice, but it wouldn't hurt to have a bit more accuracy on it.

Mr.Big
24th June 2009, 04:39 PM
50.cal darts would be ideal xD

Calneon
24th June 2009, 04:54 PM
but I would actually like a semi-feasible weapon to defend myself and my patients against spies and bum rushing pyro's.

In both occurences, yell PYRO! or SPY! into TS asap. If it's a spy, run at it with your ubersaw. If it's a pyro just run away from it until your patient kills it.

aVen
27th June 2009, 12:06 AM
Nice update :D having the bow on the left side of the screen was really annoying.
Also, Dead Ringer recharge from ammo pickups? :O

Target
27th June 2009, 02:57 AM
I dont actually know wether i prefer the Huntsman in right hand instead of left, think I've just got use to using the huntsman in the left hand now and it feels weird rite handed

D_K_Head
27th June 2009, 11:09 AM
I was waiting for this update... now I can start messing with the bow :P

also: Weapons on the left only works in UT2004

Deri
27th June 2009, 12:39 PM
All my weapons are now lefthanded, with shift being used to swap sides. Makea easy for corner shooting.