PDA

View Full Version : Fancy Being Gordon Freeman? The Heavy? Or Test Subject?

Darkeagle
24th June 2009, 08:59 AM
Well, You now can, with new: The Novint Falcon Orange Box Game Bundle With Pistol Grip

Well Valve have just released updates to team fortress 2, half life series and portal to be compatible for this new product. This is From The Novint Website:

The Novint Falcon is an entirely new type of game controller. Replacing your mouse or joystick, the Falcon is, essentially, a small robot that lets you experience true virtual touch unlike any controller in history.

The Novint Falcon lets you control a game in three dimensions, and also lets you feel high-fidelity three-dimensional force feedback. The Falcon controller moves right and left, forwards and backwards, like a mouse, but also moves up and down. When you hold the Falcon’s detachable Grip and move your cursor to interact with a virtual object, environment, or character, motors in the device turn on and are updated approximately 1000 times a second, letting you feel texture, shape, weight, dimension, and dynamics. The Falcon lets you control and interact with games in more realistic way, allowing you to develop real physical skill and muscle memory, adding a new dimension to gaming.

More of this from http://home.novint.com/products/novint_falcon.php

It also comes with a Pistol Grip:

The Novint Falcon® Pistol Grip is the Must Have FPS Accessory For Falcon Gaming. The Pistol Grip attaches to the Falcon, replacing the standard Grip for an incredibly realistic gaming experience that lets you feel realistic weapon recoil and force feedback.

This looks like a must have, at around 150 Dollars, around 90 Pounds, I MAY get it, but it all depends, can you play as well in TF2 With this new gadetry, we will have to find out.

Zealous
24th June 2009, 10:33 AM
Wow! That looks and sounds amazing; I’m definitely considering getting this as it would be epic.

D_K_Head
24th June 2009, 10:36 AM
90 quid for an upgrade that'd most likely make me less accurate?

bugger that, Mouse and Keyboard for the win.

Zealous
24th June 2009, 10:49 AM
Look what I found on youtube about it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOVu3CLbmpY

Man I so want it now!

Calneon
24th June 2009, 11:24 AM
I'd like to see him try to play online with all that feedback, and how would you turn more than 180 degrees? With a mouse you just pick it up and move it to the other end of the mousemat, but you can't do it with that. Would be good for singleplayer games like HL2 though.

Isphera
24th June 2009, 11:25 AM
I'm with DK. And besides, I don't need a 90 quid add-on to be the heavy. I just need a toy mini gun and a Russian accent and I'm set.

Mr.Big
24th June 2009, 04:53 PM
they say the falcon will be better than a mouse when you get used to it, because you can feel from wich side you got shot at, and you can turn off recoil on the pin when you want to for competative gameplay

also they gave it the name falcon, because it is the predator of the mouse :D

Chalex4
24th June 2009, 05:03 PM
I'm actually really keen on this idea, but at that price I'd have to REALLY want it.

I know console tards would love it, but I think it might be fun to play with too :D.

Vicious Horizon
25th June 2009, 07:42 AM
Well, if they fixed the driver issues, and made it quicker it'd be worth a try, but if they haven't... stay away o,o

Colonel Mitch
25th June 2009, 09:21 AM
This looks interesting to say the least.
If it does what its supposed too, I'd say its definatley worth the money - but i would definatley want to try before I buy.

Target
25th June 2009, 06:42 PM
Its hard to tell from that vid how good it would be, i think you would need to play online with it to see if was actually useful and for £90 it a bit pricey jsut to test for a week :P Mouse and keyboard ftw

D_K_Head
25th June 2009, 07:44 PM
how many people think that getting REALLY good with the rip off is a bad idea?

Example: You can frag anyone in CS instantly. Headshot, Headshot, Headshot. Every spectator sees your screen shaking constantly...

can you say "VAC BAN"?

aVen
27th June 2009, 12:05 AM
There's probably some way to tell if you're using a Novint. Like a new command or configuration that tells steam that you're using one.

D_K_Head
27th June 2009, 11:08 AM
yeah, it'd tell steam that you're using one, but what about the paranoid shits in CS pub servers?