PDA

View Full Version : Battlefield HEROES: Play Now!

Chalex4
25th June 2009, 04:25 PM
The Battlefield Heroes game is now available for everyone to play!!

http://www.battlefieldheroes.com/frontpage/landingPage

If you didn't know already, the game is free and installed through their special web installer meaning then that you can only launch that game from their site.

I've already downloaded ArmA 2 demo today, so I think I'll download this one overnight when my bandwidth is unlimited.

Post your initial thoughts below!

Darkeagle
25th June 2009, 04:49 PM
Il give this one a miss, too much like TF2

Isphera
25th June 2009, 04:59 PM
I'm with DE, bit like TF2, took way too long, and it'll will be full of 12 year old noobs who can't afford proper games.

Chalex4
25th June 2009, 05:29 PM
Only the graphics are like TF2, since it's really a battlefield game where you can fly planes, jeeps etc etc. I think it will be a nice change from TF2 personally.

Chazlene REALLY liked it when he was in the beta.

Calneon
25th June 2009, 05:43 PM
How is this anything like TF2?? As Chalex said, it's only the graphics. I'll give this a go soon.

VoX
25th June 2009, 05:44 PM
Chalex - So was I, I stopped after a day, it was that shit.

Calneon
25th June 2009, 05:46 PM
I like how the install runs through Firefox. Downloading it now.

EDIT: Finished downloading and making my character. My account is Sturf and my Nazi commando is called FasterKlaus!

Trigger
25th June 2009, 06:01 PM
Gonna check it out, its free :p

Target
25th June 2009, 06:45 PM
Think we should give it a try for gaming nite, could be a laugh :D

Calneon
25th June 2009, 06:58 PM
Playing it now, it's actually very fun :D. The weapons are free (well, you get the currency by playing the game) so it's not unfair or anything.

Trigger
25th June 2009, 07:18 PM
Meh im getting errors, nothings going right, but reinstalling to see what happens

D_K_Head
25th June 2009, 07:40 PM
Played in the beta, it sucked balls.

Enough said?

Marshy
25th June 2009, 10:45 PM
Hello Heroes,

I am happy to inform you that you can now purchase Battlefunds via Paypal. So if you were dying to customize your Hero with awesome clothing items, level up faster with the XP Boost or earn more Valor Points with the VP Boost widget, but didn't have a credit card, this is your lucky day!

Cheers!

win?

Chalex4
25th June 2009, 11:22 PM
I really doubt I'll pay for some clothes in-game, as I'm in need of some new ones IRL.

I guess we'll see though, perhaps if they're <£1 it'll be worth it.

D_K_Head
25th June 2009, 11:42 PM
...and this is how they trick suckers into giving them their money on a monthly basis...

Calneon
26th June 2009, 12:23 AM
...and this is how they trick suckers into giving them their money on a monthly basis...
Godamn those blasted developers, how dare they want to make money.

:rolleyes:

Mr.Big
26th June 2009, 12:27 AM
Godamn those blasted developers, how dare they want to make money.

:rolleyes:

hah laughed hard

Calneon
27th June 2009, 03:18 PM
I just got 930 BattleFunds from PCG! That's like £6 worth :D. Gonna go buy some stuff.

Chalex4
27th June 2009, 03:57 PM
I tried installing this and got an error :(.

I guess I'll try again, but they should have ironed all that stuff out by now.

VoX
27th June 2009, 05:05 PM
It mat be the one that existed from Beta testing, basically if you had 2 or more HDDs (Or even partitions) it refused to install. Although they did sort it out eventually.

Trigger
27th June 2009, 05:48 PM
Im still getting error as well, oh well back to Empire for me

ez64
28th June 2009, 12:54 PM
Played this for a while and came top in a couple maps but the people that buy weapons can kill 15 people at one time with no skill whatsoever :(

Calneon
28th June 2009, 02:01 PM
Played this for a while and came top in a couple maps but the people that buy weapons can kill 15 people at one time with no skill whatsoever :(
Erm, you don't buy weapons...

You get weapons with victory points which you get from playing normally and completing missions, and there are only about 3-4 different for each class. They are also not much stronger than the basic ones, each have benefits and drawbacks (usually range).

The ONLY thing you get by buying BattleFunds is different clothes (doesnt affect gameplay) or faster XP/VP collection buffs.

D_K_Head
28th June 2009, 02:41 PM
I think when he said buying, he was including the VP currency Phant...

Trigger
28th June 2009, 03:01 PM
I think your wrong DK because who wouldnt spend a free currency on getting better weapons...

Deri
28th June 2009, 03:31 PM
Sounds like GRINDEAN

Only liked the planes in the game.

Calneon
28th June 2009, 03:39 PM
I think when he said buying, he was including the VP currency Phant...
The weapons cost like 40 VP each, and you start with about 300 VP O.o Hardly expensive. Maybe play the game before you comment eh?

D_K_Head
28th June 2009, 03:52 PM
he never said they were expensive phant... and I played beta before this thread...

ez64
28th June 2009, 05:00 PM
Oops my bad, but there game pairing system does indeed suck, there always seems to be at least one person miles above the rest that take 5 direct shots from a tank and running over to kill.

My SMG with flame bullets also hardly does anything to a rare amount of people and others it just rarpays :D

Calneon
28th June 2009, 05:49 PM
Oops my bad, but there game pairing system does indeed suck, there always seems to be at least one person miles above the rest that take 5 direct shots from a tank and running over to kill.

My SMG with flame bullets also hardly does anything to a rare amount of people and others it just rapays :D
I tend to rape most people I encounter with my sniper. I have the long range rifle which does about 50 damage, and if you're good you can kill even a gunner in 4-5 hits without missing. Flame bullets are the bane of me though, as commandos only have 80 HP, they die really fast to them before I can fire off 4 shots.

Mr.Big
28th June 2009, 11:53 PM
the game is ok, but its really horrible, the match system (server system) is a total FAILURE! most of the time i cant find a server, so it tells me to either try again or switch character, and how am i ever supposed to play with my friends with this system. And the combat system is gay,the dmg and stuff. IMO this is just bf for babies

Chalex4
29th June 2009, 01:32 PM
Bring on Battlefield 3 then I guess :D.

D_K_Head
29th June 2009, 01:58 PM
agreed! Let's have the dumbed down version of our favorite massive shooter! (just going on past examples here, but somthing tells me i'm wrong on this one... DICE won't fuck up their best game's remake...)