PDA

View Full Version : Camping @ i37

Colonel Mitch
25th June 2009, 05:46 PM
1. Tell me now if you're staying im my megatent so i can add your name to this post so I know for reference.
2. Where should we camp?

In the tent we have:

Mitch
Paper Tiger
D_K_Head
Darkeagle
Vox

Well, reading the camping threads for i36 i would point away from the quiet area, as it defeats the object of going as a community and me brining the porjector, xbox wii, generator etc for us to enjoy and sociallise a bit more together before going to sleep. You have to be quiet by 10pm, which means no talking cross tents or even speaking loudly.

The loud area would be possible but from reading multiplay threads im thinking this would'nt be the best place for us to try and do any of those things either, and sleeping would aparantly be a major issue.

My suggesting is stemming from something wizzo said to me at i36 (when i was sleeping in my car). I wanted somewhere to go that would be quiet and have no people around. He told me it was fine for me to go ANYWHERE on site, so long as it wasnt signed as scheduled for use or obviously in use, or on the grounds of an active business, if it was i could expect moving on by stonleigh staff, but i wouldnt get in trouble, and suggested I go to the RV area which he instructed me on the positioning of.

The place i went to was the caming area at PC Gamer showdown, and is also i series camping area for people with RV's etc.

This is the map from i36 showing the halls and normal camping areas:

http://i513.photobucket.com/albums/t333/piers1989/3425639837_712e36b82d_o.jpg

The red spots are the places I propose we should go to one of.

This is quite a walk from the halls, but I wont be drinking and will (obviously) have my car, giles(ez64) has his car (but i assume will be drinking, I think chalex is driving.

I will always be happy to give a lift to and from the tents, and this would mean we could make plenty of noise, enjoy ourselves with ATK xbox/wii, and have more space around / no jumping over fences / alot less worries about drunk people breaking / breaking into tents.

I assume chalex will instantly front me on this as its "playing the system" somewhat, and with him being the leader not wanting to encourage that, but other than him what do people think?

Calneon
25th June 2009, 05:49 PM
I see no image, but I wouldn't mind being stationed far away if it meant we could do what we want to. As long as you woke me up before you all drive down there leaving me alone :P.

ez64
25th June 2009, 05:52 PM
I will be nice and anti social and sleep in my car but will be around when drinking/you guys are in the tent.

If I have been drinking as long as you have a licence someone else can drive my car as stonleigh is not UK public roads thus insurance is not a problem.

Colonel Mitch
25th June 2009, 05:59 PM
If I have been drinking as long as you have a licence someone else can drive my car as stonleigh is not UK public roads thus insurance is not a problem.

You can park with us anyway as carsa are allowd ont he grass in that area :)

also in reference to the quote - you're wrong. I almost got 6 points for that reason.

I let my friend drive my celica showing him how to park in a car park at 2 am and the police happened to turn up and siezed the car and he almost got a ban for driving without a license and as i let him i get equal points :S

This is as its a public place where the public are welcomed and expected to drive aparantly, though I have the driving extension that insures me on all cars and chris is going to look at getting that for i37 so we can share the drive.

Colonel Mitch
25th June 2009, 06:00 PM
I see no image, but I wouldn't mind being stationed far away if it meant we could do what we want to. As long as you woke me up before you all drive down there leaving me alone :P.

Answer question 1 plz. :D

Trigger
25th June 2009, 06:07 PM
Who needs to sleep! I dont mind, im happy wherever everyone else wants to be

On another note i SHOULD FINGERS CROSSED be able to drive by then :p

Chalex4
25th June 2009, 06:16 PM
Yeah I think this is a decent enough idea, and I'm sure that if we were in the red spot areas then we'd be OK with doing what you said.

We were in no.7 at i34, BUT one thing we should DEFINITELY do if we go to no.7 is be on the left side of it, so that we are near the loos. It was a pain in the arse after drinking loads at i34 to trudge over there in the middle of the night, only to trip over every tent possible.

And yes, I will be driving and will have my usual red popup tent :).

ez64
25th June 2009, 06:22 PM
You can park with us anyway as carsa are allowd ont he grass in that area :)

also in reference to the quote - you're wrong. I almost got 6 points for that reason.

I let my friend drive my celica showing him how to park in a car park at 2 am and the police happened to turn up and siezed the car and he almost got a ban for driving without a license and as i let him i get equal points :S

This is as its a public place where the public are welcomed and expected to drive aparantly, though I have the driving extension that insures me on all cars and chris is going to look at getting that for i37 so we can share the drive.

There is a difference, car parks are normmally council run or a public place with special liability, stoneleigh park is a completly private complex.

You could drive a tank along those roads if the owner said it was ok, come to think of it though if you are driving a tank who is going to stop ya :D

problems probably would arise if someone crashed it but the end of all of that is that its a private location.

Colonel Mitch
25th June 2009, 06:40 PM
There is a difference, car parks are normmally council run or a public place with special liability, stoneleigh park is a completly private complex.

You could drive a tank along those roads if the owner said it was ok, come to think of it though if you are driving a tank who is going to stop ya :D

problems probably would arise if someone crashed it but the end of all of that is that its a private location.

I checked with the asda manager and their car park is privatley owned property by themselves. and you can drive a tank on uk roads with a normal license :P

Target
25th June 2009, 06:51 PM
Yeh was a pain findin the toilets in the night :D Especially with all the tent pegs and lines :P

D_K_Head
25th June 2009, 07:38 PM
I'm with you mitch, hell if i'm buying a tent just for one event.

Colonel Mitch
25th June 2009, 08:32 PM
kk , can phantom and trig both please say wether they are or not?

Trigger
25th June 2009, 08:37 PM
Whether they are or not what?

If your asking about tents both of us will be bringing one/ sharing Phants bigger one

On another note i dont like the fact that everyone will be relying on being up and about at the same time, garunteed that people will get up at different times

D_K_Head
25th June 2009, 08:39 PM
I know the solution to this problem...

http://www.bestautobits.com/images/Air_Horn_Set.JPG

Target
25th June 2009, 09:05 PM
No we all get up at the same time as Oric found out last year when his van began to rock at bowt 10am :P...I'll prob bring my Uber 2man tesco tent but if it rains then I'll prob shelter in car or other tent :D

Calneon
25th June 2009, 10:48 PM
I won't be staying in your big communal tent Mitch. I bought a cheap small one because to be frank my big one was such a bitch to get up, and I didnt even put it up right. I hope you have a tent for yourself Trig :).

Oh and I totally agree with the loo being way too far away last time.

D_K_Head
25th June 2009, 10:49 PM
Dig a hole

Calneon
25th June 2009, 11:04 PM
Dig a hole, push DK in it, and fill it back up
Fixed for you.

D_K_Head
25th June 2009, 11:39 PM
oh you kidder you...

seriously though, what happens if we aren't up, or we don't head back as a group?

ez64
25th June 2009, 11:54 PM
Ya the thing that was annoying last lan was drinking then having to walk to my car to sleep, surely being that far away there is going to be a couple people stranded if the tent is not a walkable distance.

Target
26th June 2009, 02:10 AM
Yeh am sure people aren't all going to go back to the tent at the same time, and ususally a few people go to the tent mess about and then come back again later which means peeps will be standed at gamer paradise :P

Colonel Mitch
26th June 2009, 12:30 PM
Realistically the so called "stranded-ness" is a 5 min walk, and unless u need to take a dump while your at the tents its a matter of picking one of the MANY trees right next to us to use :P

ez64
26th June 2009, 02:31 PM
It really is not 5 minutes lol, from the front door to the first camp site is about 5 minutes.

It's probably nearer 15 in the dark.

D_K_Head
26th June 2009, 03:16 PM
a 5 minute walk? D:

Thats SUICIDE!

Target
26th June 2009, 11:51 PM
Yeh the walk from where we were last year to the front door was bowt 5min like ez said so lookin at that it wuld be closer to 15 and in the dark you could deffo get lost :D

Paper Tiger
1st July 2009, 07:11 PM
I can't imagine Mitch walking that far... He does not walk...!

Colonel Mitch
1st July 2009, 07:23 PM
I can't imagine Mitch walking that far... He does not walk...!

I have said i will DRIVE. and i will ferry people between the two places :P

Paper Tiger
1st July 2009, 07:26 PM
Fair point, you don't have to reply on others. But hey! XD

Chazlene
1st July 2009, 07:30 PM
You lazy fuckers, it was under 5 mins, really not that long at all.

I'll be in my two man tent again, just make sure you don't shove the corner of your monolithic tent through the front of mine this time Mitch. :p

Trigger
1st July 2009, 08:30 PM
I say we stay where we were then or there abouts, for those that are in there cars i suppose we can try to set up camp nearer the bottom toilets and car spaces to make it more sociable for them.

Colonel Mitch
2nd July 2009, 07:01 PM
Updated list of people staying in tent.

VoX
2nd July 2009, 07:07 PM
Yeap, I be coming :D

Thanks for the space Mitch, I'll give you a hug :D.