PDA

View Full Version : Current FM Games

Isphera
6th July 2009, 09:29 PM
So how is your team doing and who's in it.

I am currently managing Man City, which was the team I chose at the beginning. I have currently just begun the 2010/2011 season with a 2-0 victory over Middlesborough in the EPL. The previous season, I got to the semi-final of the League Cup (lost to Man. Utd.), FA Cup (lost to Chelsea) and Champions League (lost to Real Madrid on away goals, but beat Barca four times in the process :D). I finished 9th in the EPL, following an initial 14 win streak, after my team decided to fall apart and get injured.

Current formation is 4-2-4, having run a 4-5-1 for the previous two seasons.

Current Team is:
GK: Igor Akinfeev
DR: Micah Richards
DL: Federico Balzaretti
DC: Verdan Corluka
DC: John Heitinger
MC: Joao Moutinho
MC: Wilson Palacios
AMR: Maxi Rodriguez
AML: Yuri Zhirkov
ST: Sergio Aguero
ST: Giuseppe Rossi

Notable Subs;
Alan Dzagoev
Jozy Altidore.

And yes, I did sell Robinho, went to Tottenham.

EDIT - I might resign from it when I start winning loads and take control of a lower club and see if I can build it up. Either that or hop over to the MLS and take over a team there.

Target
6th July 2009, 11:53 PM
Basically just take Liverpool, Man Utd, Chealse and Barcelona and blend them together ftw :D I was gunna make some suggestions but tbh its much more fun not using the really good players and actually playing the game properly :P and Aguero is class good pick :P Get Sweinstiger from Byern Munich

Isphera
8th July 2009, 09:58 PM
Season 3 Review

Competition Positions

EPL - 2nd – One point off first and with a much better GD. Man U/Man C/Chel/Arsenal top 4.
League Cup – Lost in Final to Arsenal
FA Cup – Lost in 5th Round to West Brom (which I will never live down.)

Team Awards through all comps

Top Goalscorer – Giuseppe Rossi [25]
Most Assists – Yury Zhirkov [16]
MotM – Sergio Aguero [7]
Yellow – John Heitinga/Vedran Corluka [6]
Red – None Given
Avg Rating – Giuseppe Rossi [7.32]

EPL Awards

Footballer of Year – Giuseppe Rossi [MNC] / Carlos Vela [ARS] / Sergio Aguero [MNC]
U-21 Footballer of Year – Mark Beevers [WIG] / Alan Dzagoev [MNC] / Leroy Fer [BOL]
Players Player of Year – Michael Essien [CHE] / Cristiano Ronaldo [MNU] / Marek Hamsik [MNC]
Manager of Year – Frank Rijkaard [MNU] / Arsene Wenger [ARS] / Marcus Cross [MNC]
EPL Top Goalscorer – Diego Forlan [NEW] / Sergio Aguero [MNC] / Robinho [TOT]

NB1 – Ferguson retired from Man U end of 2009/2010 season
NB2 – Rossi got 19 goals in EPL, enough for 4th, but the rest of them came in the League and FA cups. He was leading scorer in League Cup.

D_K_Head
8th July 2009, 10:08 PM
B-B-B-B-B-BORING!!!!

Prehaps you can talk about FS now?

Darkeagle
8th July 2009, 11:19 PM
FM is a great game if your into that, nice oric, rossi is one of the best, gets even better if you keep him for 2 - 3 seasons

Isphera
15th March 2010, 12:18 PM
I know it's a necro, but I didn't want to post a new thread. I just retired my long serving Chicago game save after 22 seasons. I mention it now because I made it to 19th on the All-Time Managers list. Highlights for me were eight-peating the MLS Cup, a final appearance in the CWC (where I got schooled 5-1 to Man U), consistantly being in the playoffs, along with having some of the best players in the world during the game, such as starting with a trade for Landon Donovan, signing an aging Wilson Palacios later on, and one of my draft picks near the end of my reign turning into the 3rd best player at the World Cup the year when the US won it :P. Not to mention half my team being first team internationals for the US, Mexico and Brazil - all hail youth and long term contracts :P.

Enlarge below for the Hall of Fame screenie. Next challenge is to get all the Europe competition achievements, and I have selected my old team (when I used to support football) Chelsea to help me do this - no doubt Joe will be pleased with my decision. BTW, I won the World Cup in between these two with Brazil in a seperate gamesave. Quick way to do it, start up, sim to the 13th July 2010 (i.e day after final) and see if you won. If yes, then congrats. If no, then restart and sim again. Took me four attempts :S. Other three times? Spain won twice and Italy won once. Just for reference, England were knocked out in the QF's each time.

http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/2836/chicagomanager.jpg

Target
15th March 2010, 12:27 PM
Oric read the comments above and understand

NO ONE CARES!!!!!

but seriously that game will take over your life

Isphera
15th March 2010, 01:30 PM
I've gotta post something other than Poll Threads :P

Calneon
15th March 2010, 03:17 PM
i know it's a necro, but i didn't want to post a new thread. I just retired my long serving chicago game save after 22 seasons. I mention it now because i made it to 19th on the all-time managers list. Highlights for me were eight-peating the mls cup, a final appearance in the cwc (where i got schooled 5-1 to man u), consistantly being in the playoffs, along with having some of the best players in the world during the game, such as starting with a trade for landon donovan, signing an aging wilson palacios later on, and one of my draft picks near the end of my reign turning into the 3rd best player at the world cup the year when the us won it :p. Not to mention half my team being first team internationals for the us, mexico and brazil - all hail youth and long term contracts :p.

Enlarge below for the hall of fame screenie. Next challenge is to get all the europe competition achievements, and i have selected my old team (when i used to support football) chelsea to help me do this - no doubt joe will be pleased with my decision. Btw, i won the world cup in between these two with brazil in a seperate gamesave. Quick way to do it, start up, sim to the 13th july 2010 (i.e day after final) and see if you won. If yes, then congrats. If no, then restart and sim again. Took me four attempts :s. Other three times? Spain won twice and italy won once. Just for reference, england were knocked out in the qf's each time.

http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/2836/chicagomanager.jpg
OMG it's untitled!

Isphera
15th March 2010, 03:44 PM
I took the screenie in my new Chelsea game, since the hall of fame carries over, and since I hadn't saved it yet, it thusly came out as Untitled Game. If you would seriously want me to, I can go into my Chicago (ret.) save file and get the title that way.