PDA

View Full Version : i37: Chalex4's Novint Helper

Chalex4
17th July 2009, 09:19 PM
I know Vox, Phantom and Darkeagle have expressed very clearly that they would like to sit next to me at the LAN (2nd from the end) and take a leading role in the promotion and demoing of the Novint Falcon and Pistol Grip.

This thread is just to decide which of you wants this role most (or someone else who hasn't told me yet). Remember please that you will be leading the organisation of the demoing on the Friday and Monday so you must be happy with giving over a large proportion of those 2 days, as well as some on the Saturday and Sunday. Of course, I'm not stopping you from taking breaks and letting someone else go to the end while you rest in the middle of the row on someone else's PC when you need to.

I was thinking that the best way to do this would be that when I am not there, this person sets up their PC at the end of the row so that they aren't disturbing the rest of the row. Then, when I arrive I'll take over as the lead and put my PC at the end of the row.

Note: Any bitching in this thread will be deleted, we need to decide this ASAP.

VoX
17th July 2009, 10:04 PM
I think me and DE will be gone on Sunday evening, so one of us can take Friday and then Phantom does Monday?

I know it's a pain, but this way everyone gets to help.

Darkeagle
17th July 2009, 10:19 PM
I want to help, so i wont mind doing any day + we dont no if we will leave on the sunday night, i may get a train back vox :P

ez64
18th July 2009, 12:31 AM
I will happily give my PC over to the ATK members sitting on the end for times when they want to game.

Colonel Mitch
18th July 2009, 11:14 AM
I'll be bringing my laptop anyway and if we wanted to conenct one to the projector seperatley and one to screen on the end im happy to use my laptop for that and let people play on that whenever they want as it wont stop me being able to use my pc.

Chalex4
18th July 2009, 12:39 PM
Thanks guys for being willing to give over your PC/laptop when the guys at the end want to relax, that's really kind of you.

Vox and DE, I don't think that swapping around your PCs with other people is really a good idea, since Monday is when everyone leaves and noone will particularly want to move their PC to a different seat then. If you could decide if you are leaving Sunday/Monday that would be good.

A decision will be made today about who will be next to me, so please if you are interested post now!

Calneon
18th July 2009, 01:26 PM
I think i'll stand down from this.

Colonel Mitch
18th July 2009, 01:34 PM
Thanks guys for being willing to give over your PC/laptop when the guys at the end want to relax, that's really kind of you.

Vox and DE, I don't think that swapping around your PCs with other people is really a good idea, since Monday is when everyone leaves and noone will particularly want to move their PC to a different seat then. If you could decide if you are leaving Sunday/Monday that would be good.

A decision will be made today about who will be next to me, so please if you are interested post now!

I meant you can indefinetly use the laptop with teh projector without having cables going everywhere if u wanted to ahve somebody on your pc chalex and shove the laptop on the end with teh projector if we did have any way of standing a keyboard and the falcon on something.

Target
18th July 2009, 05:00 PM
Get a fold away table or summet

Chalex4
18th July 2009, 06:22 PM
I think if we had a fold away table as a completely separate workstation MPUK would tell us to remove it or pay £60. However, I think if we very obviously only had the projector or keyboard on it this would be OK. Overall though, I'm not sure it's needed and I don't have a small table that would suit the job anyway.

I think though that having the laptop there for use always at the end is a great idea, and we will definitely do that.

Also, vox how do you propose you would even be able to sit next to me? You're not even on the same row!

Target
18th July 2009, 11:43 PM
Tbh there not gunna charge u for having a tiny little table with a key board and falcon on set up with the projector and benefitting most of the people at the lan

VoX
19th July 2009, 10:22 AM
Chalex - As I've said, support tickets are going through, I'm going to send another one today and if not, you have Wizzo's MSN ;).

Deri
19th July 2009, 11:26 AM
SBC know the guy who deals with all the set ups at the place, including the tables, computers ect. Jabba could ask him for you

Chazlene
19th July 2009, 11:48 AM
I don't mind giving up my PC occasionally, since usually at the iSeries I get bored of gaming and end up faffing around on Photoshop. :p

Off topic: Also hello again, a storm a couple of days ago cut out my internet, so I've been deprived for the last couple of days.

Chalex4
19th July 2009, 12:42 PM
Thanks for the offer Deri, I'm going to try and ask Wizzo first though as I sometimes talk to him on MSN. Also, welcome back Chazlene, I was wondering where you had got to lol.

Anyway, I have made my decision. I think that if the seating gets sorted, then I would like it to be as follows:

Chalex4 | Vox | Darkeagle

This works especially well because both Vox and Darkeagle want to help, so putting you both near the end is win-win for everyone.

VoX
19th July 2009, 01:16 PM
Cool, as long as people keep an eye out to make sure nothing is nicked then that's cool with me, and me and DE will chop and change comps if one of us wants a break.

Trigger
19th July 2009, 01:22 PM
Great point about it being Nicked, they will have to be taken with us at night and put somewhere safe, not to mention keeping a sharp eye out in the day

Edit: maybe get security stickers for them or something

Chalex4
19th July 2009, 01:34 PM
I'm wary about being on the end too, but I'm sure we'll all keep an eye out for our stuff.

Whenever we leave the hall, the Falcons and Pistol Grips will come with me and be stowed away in the car. If they get nicked it would ruin the whole event. As good as stickers are, they aren't going to stop someone if they have their heart set on stealing them, we just all need to make sure that these goods aren't EVER left unattended.

Target
19th July 2009, 06:12 PM
Yeh, chalex just take a ruck sack so u can stow them in that and a carry them around easily if we wanna do a group thing and theres no one at the pc's :D