PDA

View Full Version : Mafia II

Calneon
21st July 2009, 01:04 PM
I just watched an E3 presentation of Mafia II. I have to say it looks very very good. It appeals to me much more than GTA, the setting, background, and story all look great. Bear in mind this is probably being played on a 360 so the PC version will probably look better.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-09-mafia-ii/52913

Darkeagle
21st July 2009, 01:47 PM
That looks amazing !

Target
21st July 2009, 05:59 PM
Looks like a good game, u can tell Rockstar is there sister company as it looks very similar to GTA with a new skins and missions. Wonder how the Novint will be for this kinda game, as a mouse and keyboard is rubbish for driving compared to a controller but a controller is worse for shooting, maybe it will be a good for this kinda game

Trigger
21st July 2009, 07:05 PM
GTA is epic and the mafia games have always been a disappointment

Target
21st July 2009, 07:57 PM
It looks far to similar to me and tbh the storylines are not that much diff, Niko had jsut come from a civil war and got work for the mob andthis guy has just come from war and got a job for the mob, only difference is the nationality and the time :D

D_K_Head
21st July 2009, 08:00 PM
if there is one major problem with games set in the 1900-1950 period... it's the weapons. NO ONE likes having to snipe with a tommy-gun. Or trying to drive by with an M1 Garand. it's just stupid.

Calneon
21st July 2009, 08:10 PM
if there is one major problem with games set in the 1900-1950 period... it's the weapons. NO ONE likes having to snipe with a tommy-gun. Or trying to drive by with an M1 Garand. it's just stupid.
Uh, surely you'd snipe with the M1 Garand and drive by with the Tommy gun. I have no problem with WW2 guns either so suits me :).

I never played GTA so i have no problem with the storyline being similar.

Target
21st July 2009, 08:25 PM
I like the old skool guns, there kinda more fun to use and yeh DK think you would use the guns the other way round noob :D

Chazlene
22nd July 2009, 08:57 PM
Looks like a kewl game, very Gears of War-ish with the hiding behind walls.

Wadda you suppose the censored bit was? Holding a knife to his balls or summat?

Calneon
23rd July 2009, 01:08 PM
Spoiler maybe.