PDA

View Full Version : IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Demo Available Wednesday

RosieC
27th July 2009, 05:53 PM
IL-2 DEMO AVAILABLE WEDNESDAY

IL-2 STURMOVIK: BIRDS OF PREY X360 SINGLE PLAYER DEMO DETAILED

Milton Keynes, 27th July 2009 – 505 Games in collaboration with 1C Company have today confirmed the date of the single player Xbox 360 demo for upcoming flight combat title IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds Of Prey. Gaijin Entertainment’s hotly anticipated WWII action simulator will get the demo treatment on Xbox LIVE Marketplace from 29th July, with the full release hitting UK shelves on 4th September for Xbox 360, PS3, PSP and DS

The IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds Of Prey demo will give players a taste of two of the game’s memorable conflict scenarios, The Battle of Britain and The Battle of the Bulge.

In Battle of Britain: Red Skies Over Dover, players are given the role of an RAF pilot commanding the legendary Mk. II Spitfire with B wing armament (two canons, four machine guns). What starts off as a routine ‘mopping up’ mission on a few stray He-111 German bombers soon develops into a fracas in which the RAF faced their finest hour. The mission demonstrates the skills required to intercept larger bombers as well as the more nimble Stuka bombers. The effective use of wingmen will become apparent as the mission unfolds and survivors will have the opportunity to land on a home airstrip.

In Battle of the Bulge: Tiger Hunt, the US Air Force P-51D Mustang is the weapon of choice as players are invited to pick off some German armour ploughing through the Ardennes. Defending FW-190 fighters will also have to be dispatched; although the Tigers are the primary target as US forces aim to stem the German advance and defend the front line. The mission will allow players to try rocket attacks on ground targets as well as sample the snow capped vistas of the December Belgian landscape.

Based around large-scale aerial combat over the ground-based military operations of World War II, variety is at the heart of the action in IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey. Players participate in the most famous confrontations of the era piloting fighters, battle planes or heavy bombers across a range of missions. There are 6 theatres of war in which to engage – The Battle of Britain, Stalingrad, Berlin, Sicily, the Battle of the Bulge and Korsun – representing the main airborne battles of World War II in Europe.

As well as taking environmental and landscape visuals to new heights by incorporating satellite technology, IL-2 also boasts a tangible damage effects engine. Players will see real-time damage to the aircraft such as holes in the wings and trail lines during dogfights.

IL2 Sturmovik: Birds Of Prey will be published by 505 Games in collaboration with 1C Company on 4th September 2009 for Xbox 360, PS3, DS and PSP. Visit the official website at www.il2game.com for all the latest information.

Visit the IL2 Twitter feed to keep up to date on the latest news http://twitter.com/IL2BirdsOfPrey

http://i27.tinypic.com/30syq7o.jpg

http://i30.tinypic.com/24617bq.jpg

http://i32.tinypic.com/1zvg3ty.jpg

Chazlene
27th July 2009, 06:08 PM
Normally we'd moan that you just signed up to advertise but I saw the trailer for this game and it looked awesome so thanks for telling us about the demo. :D

Darkeagle
27th July 2009, 07:35 PM
X360

I lost interest right there

ez64
27th July 2009, 07:40 PM
Same graphics will be nothing like that in game.

Vicious Horizon
27th July 2009, 08:06 PM
LOL. X360, With those graphics? Don't make me laugh.. X360 lags like a bitch with more than 4 grenades going off on Halo 3, those graphics are too good for that ancient console.

Calneon
27th July 2009, 08:10 PM
with the full release hitting UK shelves on 4th September for Xbox 360, PS3, PSP and DS
Fuck that shit. Disappointed because this game looks like it could be good. Those shots are probably renders and not actual ingame screenshots. I don't know whether to lock this or not, i'll leave it open so we can have a bitch at the developer (or publisher) for not releasing on PC.

RosieC
28th July 2009, 11:11 AM
If you guys have any questions you would like to ask in regards to this game, post them here and we'll get back to you with replies as soon as possible :)

-- RosieC

Isphera
28th July 2009, 11:32 AM
I have a question. Why are you posting an advert for a console game on a PC gaming community forum?

Calneon
28th July 2009, 11:46 AM
If you guys have any questions you would like to ask in regards to this game, post them here and we'll get back to you with replies as soon as possible :)

-- RosieC
Are you on the dev team for this game? If so, i'd like to ask why you decided not to develop for the PC?

@ Oric, how was he to know this was a PC only community? Infact, I think we are a multiconsole community just nobody plays anything other than PC. I don't see the harm in discussing console games if people want to.

Vicious Horizon
28th July 2009, 11:52 AM
Piping up again, this is technically a multi-platform gaming community, I know for a fact some of us own consoles and play them. We just don't talk about it very much :P

- Yeah, I'd like to ask why devs aren't contributing tothe most powerful gaming machines around, and are sticking to the casual and less-discriminating audience of the consoles?
In all seriousness, is it due to the inevitable bad feedback that all PC games get? Because that's due to us trying to make the PC market as best as it can be.

(I am fully aware that makes no sense, I think I changed my mind about what I was going to say about a line in....)

Target
28th July 2009, 11:58 AM
I just feel that flight sim games always fail somehow, but there prob a lot easier playing on console controllers, saying that u can connect them to ur pc and u can get a joystick, seems silly not to release the demo for pc tbh

Calneon
28th July 2009, 12:02 PM
In all seriousness, is it due to the inevitable bad feedback that all PC games get? Because that's due to us trying to make the PC market as best as it can be.
No, it's due to consoles having a much bigger player base than PCs, and consoles are much easier to develop for because you only need to worry about one hardware setup. I guess I just answered my own question.

Vicious Horizon
28th July 2009, 01:43 PM
That's what I was aiming for you to do all this time..

Chalex4
28th July 2009, 01:46 PM
I would have posted earlier in this discussion, but as you know I'm not at home.

Rosie C is from New Media Maze (http://www.newmediamaze.com/), a company working very closely with 505 Games on the IL2: Birds of Pray release. I have been discussing this release with them for a while and they have said that they will keep us up-to-date with the latest news straight from the developers. When there are Press Events they will also let me know so we can sort out who would like to go and ask questions directly to the makers of the game :).

I know we mainly play PC games, but it wouldn't do us any harm to have 360 news here too since we are a general gaming forum after all.

On a final note, I am still generally against advertising without permission, but I think now that you know the situation with Rosie that it's OK if she posts updates here. All I would say is that the less spammy they are the better :p.

Vicious Horizon
28th July 2009, 02:09 PM
Then I guess I'd better apologise for me Tired and Hostile response.

D_K_Head
28th July 2009, 02:34 PM
Consoles fail. We're a PC group. It's that simple.

When was the last time we had a group event on Halo, or Haze? Seriously?

Isphera
28th July 2009, 10:45 PM
Consoles fail. We're a PC group. It's that simple.

When was the last time we had a group event on Halo, or Haze? Seriously?

/agree

D_K_Head
29th July 2009, 12:49 AM
Hours later, I realise this is the wrong thread.

The moral: don't post shit past midnight

EDIT: ok, that's kind of weird. exactly 12 hours later?

RosieC
29th July 2009, 11:58 AM
Hey guys,

Just to let you know that the IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Demo is now live on the Xbox marketplace, so go check it out !

And if anyone has anymore questions, be sure to give me a shout :)
I've taken questions already asked on board, and they have been passed on to the guys at 505, so will shall give you answers soon.

Cheers,
--RosieC

Isphera
29th July 2009, 01:35 PM
I've taken questions already asked on board, and they have been passed on to the guys at 505, so will shall give you answers soon.

So you'll be giving us a release date for the PC version?

Calneon
29th July 2009, 03:12 PM
So you'll be giving us a release date for the PC version?
Oric stop being such a jerk. They aren't going to make a PC version just because we moaned at them. I think it would just be good to know why they thought it was a bad idea to create a PC version.

RosieC
29th July 2009, 03:15 PM
Hey again A.T.K members,

Let us know your thoughts on the Demo via TWITTER with the hash tag #IL2Demo

http://twitter.com/IL2BirdsOfPrey - Be sure to follow us !

Also, in regards to your queries about the PC version, we have passed your questions on and will let you know when they reply.

Cheers
--RosieC

D_K_Head
29th July 2009, 04:17 PM
with a lot of console games, the PC version comes later, with added features (see gears of war, and assassin's creed for examples), so we may see it

Calneon
29th July 2009, 04:36 PM
with a lot of console games, the PC version comes later, with added features (see gears of war, and assassin's creed for examples), so we may see it
Lets hope that's the case.

Target
29th July 2009, 05:07 PM
Yeh but the only way there will ever be a pc version is if we at least voice the need for one