PDA

View Full Version : Caller's Instructions

Vicious Horizon
28th July 2009, 11:42 AM
Ok, this thread should go into a hidden corner somewhere, but AFAIK, there's nothing I can do about that as of yet.

Caller Instructions will be as follows:

"ECO" (ee-ko) - Buy 1 frag, 2 flash, 1 smoke, defuse kit
"CODINE" (ko-deen) - Buy 1 frag, 1 flash, defuse.
"ASSAULT" (a-solt) - 2 People buy Pump/Auto shotguns (money dependant), 2 buy M4/AK or Bullpup/Kreig
"BLACK" (bl-ak) - 2 People buy Snipers, 2 buy M4/AK Bullpup/Kreig
"HUNT" (Hunt) - Buy what you want, suited to automatic hunting.
"CLAY" (Clay) - Buy what you want, suited to defensive techniques.

I'll add more after next training, depending on if I think I'll need them or not.

On DE maps, It would be nice if we had 2 designated scouts, these two would go to viewpoints where they can safely view the bomb areas.

One goes to A, other goes to B.

If Scout A sees enemies moving towards Bombsite A, he'll call "Acute", The main group wait 2 seconds, before moving to A.

If Scout B sees contacts, He'll call "Boomer", team wait 2 seconds before moving to B.

IF BOTH SCOUTS CALL, Caller will either say "Go Go" Which means "Go to A", or "Ka-Boom" which is go to B.

I know this may seem complicated, but at next training, we'll sort it out, and we can all practise this.

I wouldn't mind it if people who aren't necessarily in the team turn up, but if we could get straight into tactics that would be very appreciated, rather than having a piss-about, while that was quite fun, we didn't really get much done ^^,

- Happy Hunting

Calneon
28th July 2009, 11:52 AM
I can see why you use code words for different weapon loadouts, but why use them to call out enemy positions? I mean, what's the point of calling out 'Acute' as opposed to 'There's a terrorist at A'. Likewise, why should the caller say 'Ka-Boom' instead of 'Go to B!'?

It's not like the enemy can listen to your voice comms.

Target
28th July 2009, 11:54 AM
I can feel VH even now sjy rocketing up the noob scale, i think u hav eco and codine mixed up, an u dont really need code names for these things :D also on a DE map the spotter can usually see where enemies have crossed into bombsites, with the exceptions. Sending people around on there own is generally a bad idea u shuld sick together and attack 1 bombsite. I thinkyou should just concentrate on learning 1 map at a time, D2 is the obv place to start

Vicious Horizon
28th July 2009, 11:57 AM
Acute and Ka-Boom, are much much much shorter, and easier to understand quickly than

"I've got enemys going to A"

or

"Go to B now!".

Having used these in matches before, they work alot quicker when a team knows what you're on about.

Codine and Eco seem the right way around, if there is a right way around o.o - We'll trial it all at practise, and if you guys aren't happy I'll gladly change things around =)

(Also, I've just gone down the noobscale by figuring out why the ticker wasn't updating, and backing up the overriding article all by myself (Y) )

Target
28th July 2009, 12:00 PM
Surely Eco is meant to be the cheapest weapon setting to save money for buying better weapons later on,

Calneon
28th July 2009, 12:03 PM
Surely Eco is meant to be the cheapest weapon setting to save money for buying better weapons later on,
Yup that's what I thought, surely eco would be the cheapest weapon loadout.

D_K_Head
28th July 2009, 12:11 PM
"FAIL" (fay-ull) - Overthinking a simple game.

Calneon
28th July 2009, 12:30 PM
I also like how you're telling us to pronounce words like Eco, Assault, Clay, Hunt. I mean, wtf? We're not foreign.

This is turning into a bitch at VC thread xD.

Target
28th July 2009, 12:59 PM
VC? u mean VH surely :D Yeh VH this is too much :P quite while your behind but not soooo far that no one will ever talk to you again

Vicious Horizon
28th July 2009, 01:23 PM
Bah >_>

I'd like it if you guys would at least have a try, instead of bashing it before you try it.

Also, I know you're not all foreign, it's just there as reference, in case you're not 100% sure on how a certain word is pronounced.

And I used eco like that, as that's have VoX had it down in a previous thread.

Also: It can be either VC or VH, I really don't mind.

Chalex4
28th July 2009, 05:37 PM
You've definitely got some good ideas going there VH, nice job.

I think all the different calls would definitely be worth trying out in a couple of matches, it could make the difference.

Vicious Horizon
28th July 2009, 05:41 PM
Ta Chalex.

D_K_Head
28th July 2009, 05:43 PM
the difference? The difference is made with the ability to AIM. if you can't HIT your opponent, then no codewords or formations will help. It's that simple.

Target
28th July 2009, 06:40 PM
True dat and chalex wot do u know, if we need to cook the enemy a nice meal or throw some hot food at them we'll ask u