PDA

View Full Version : New PC build log (with pics)

Calneon
29th July 2009, 06:33 PM
I thought i'd make a new thread for this to separate it from my 'what to buy' thread. In the end I ended up getting:

HAF 932 Case
Gigabyte UD3R Motherboard
OCZ DDR3 PC12800 1600Mhz RAM
i7 D0 920 CPU
Noctua CPU Cooler
1TB Samsung Spinpoint F1 Drive

For people interested (VoX), the HAF case as you will see in the pictures is much bigger than my previous case, the Antec 900, which was also quite big. The good thing about this is that it means better airflow so cooler computer. The build quality is great, the tool-less drive/addon card/HDD installation is very good once you figure it out. I'm very happy with it. The only downside over my previous case is the weight, but it comes with wheels so I may fit them for i37.

I haven't started overclocking or playing games yet, but i'll post up some details when I do, hopefully I will get to 4Ghz. Anyway, here are the pictures, sorry for the poor image quality, had to borrow a camera I didn't know how to use well because I don't have my own.

--------------------------
View the whole album here (http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/bigos.sam/I7UpgradePhotos?authkey=Gv1sRgCKqvkcjo15eiFw#).
--------------------------

Calneon
29th July 2009, 06:39 PM
Chalex fix this fucking retarded image resizer. Use the album if the forum won't let you see some of the images.

VoX
29th July 2009, 06:42 PM
Shiny.

The HAF is massive, got any temp results?

Trigger
29th July 2009, 07:02 PM
Aaaw at your cat

Literally every part of your computer is now double mine in size and performance lol

ez64
29th July 2009, 07:03 PM
That does look fairly tasty and shiny :)

Wish I had the money to spend atm on a new pc build :( damn classic.