PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone

Imm_lefty
4th August 2009, 02:31 AM
My name is chris williams I am in the United States Air Force. I am currently stationed at Minot AFB in North Dakota. I currently just started playing Counterstrik after a year or two break. lol. I am hoping to become part of the atk team and hope to be meeting many new people while playing such a badass game. lol. So thats just a brief description about myself if anyone has any question/ game tips. I would love to chat. see you guys out there!

Target
4th August 2009, 03:07 AM
Welcome, don't know what the time difference is between us but hopefully we will see you on at some point :D

Vicious Horizon
4th August 2009, 09:31 AM
Hey Lefty, welcome to ATK, I'm sure we can get you in the team if you want to be, A guess (Not being great with American Geography ^^,) is that training is at 8 until 9 Pacific. If you can make that it would be great, as we're always looking for active members in both the team and the community =D

Isphera
4th August 2009, 10:13 AM
@ VH - Minot, North Dakota is 6 hours behind us, which is Central Standard Time - I'll let you work out exact times from that.

@ Lefty - Welcome to the community. Hope to be able to play you at CSS sometime. You follow an NFL Team?

Vicious Horizon
4th August 2009, 10:22 AM
Ah, ok. I was just going with Pacific D= Which would mean 10 til 11. Which is probably better anyway xD

Trigger
4th August 2009, 02:50 PM
Ah the United states Air force, i have plans to end up in the Royal Air Force, what exactly do you do?

Look forward to having some games with you

Imm_lefty
5th August 2009, 04:20 AM
Well thank you all who took the time to reply. I think this team will be a great fit. So I am kind of dumb on the time thing but I believe someone said practive from 10 to 11 my time. Is there a specific server? what ip? I play on an atk server everynight but not sure if im in the right one? I still have some general question like: When do I earn the atk title? ie. change my name! lol. Umm What exactly should be the next step? I sorry for the incompetence im just new to all of this. As for what I do for the military. I wish I could say but unfortunately I can't. It does kinda suck considering the time I spend at work. lol. But anyways hope to see you all out there. ave fun! and thanks for any help yall are willing to give.

ez64
5th August 2009, 04:25 AM
Sounds foreign and not from the military, unless your commander on the stargate project im sure you could tell us your rank/position.

Vicious Horizon
5th August 2009, 09:19 AM
Sounds foreign and not from the military, unless your commander on the stargate project im sure you could tell us your rank/position.

And isn't that the sort of thing which you don't generally disclose on the internet during security states such as this? That's what Cole taught us at the ATC xD

Anyway, yeah, I'm not sure which server is on and which is off at the moment, I think DE may have a server on, or ez64, but training is generally at 4-5pm GMT, and according to our resident expert on America NDakota is -6, which would make it 10-11am for you =)

Any details about the team are on the CSS A-Team forums which are a couple of sections down on the forum page =)

See you round.

Isphera
5th August 2009, 09:35 AM
North Dakota actually lies in both CST (-6) and PST (-7). The western half is -7, and the eastern half (where the USAF base in Minot is located) is -6.

Trigger
5th August 2009, 01:05 PM

Had to bring up stargate didnt you lol, but i cant blame him for not willing to give away information online to people he doesnt know, especially when its military related

Imm_lefty
5th August 2009, 06:57 PM
Yeah I know it might seem dumb that I cant release any info. Im sorry. I am oredered not to disclose info on my job. Now if i were a paper pusher that would be different. Well thanks to all who have helped me into the atk community. I hope to see al of you out there!

VoX
5th August 2009, 07:25 PM
*Cough*bullshit*Cough*

You can disclose information about things such as rank, regiment etc etc. You can also post pictures as long as it is not obvious where you are.

You can't disclose what area you are in if out on tour/any classified pictures.

I know this as PR Devs are pretty much all military, and there are plenty of pics up (http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f11-off-topic-discussion/19256-faces-project-reality.html).

I'm calling fake, unless you post 2 pics in uniform and the relevant markings match up, then I'll believe.

EDIT: I know, obvious trap is obvious.

Darkeagle
5th August 2009, 07:28 PM
post 2 pics in uniform and the relevant markings match up, then I'll believe.

Sorry about him, he just loves to see a guy in uniform

D_K_Head
5th August 2009, 07:57 PM
meh, i'm with vox here. Three questions

1) Why would a yank be joining a brit community?

2) Since WHEN have we had a CS server?

3) Dosen't the RAF have a written test? Targ has better grammer...

Calneon
5th August 2009, 08:10 PM
2) Since WHEN have we had a CS server?

This TBH. Wouldn't your ping be over 150?

VoX
5th August 2009, 08:34 PM
3) Dosen't the RAF have a written test? Targ has better grammer...

The US had to make the entrance exam multiple choice as they weren't getting enough soldiers.

ez64
5th August 2009, 08:35 PM
:D it's almost funny but then you realise they are given guns and have a good old old tear up around the middle east.

Hell I'd be a terrorist.

Target
5th August 2009, 08:59 PM
Mi5 are on the way Giles :D

ez64
5th August 2009, 09:04 PM
They dont have much else to do so I would not be suprised, maybe we can have a cool boat race launching out of the MI5 building just like a movie I havent stolen this idea from :D

Target
5th August 2009, 10:38 PM
Yeh and then you can fall out of a hot air balloon onto the millenium dome :D

ez64
5th August 2009, 11:12 PM
i37 video is clearly going to be epic :D

D_K_Head
5th August 2009, 11:23 PM
I vote we all get together and throw chalex out of a plane onto the millenium dome

VOTEBAN CHALEX!!

Target
5th August 2009, 11:48 PM
Thats not a bad idea DK one problem we dont know how to fly a plane :D

D_K_Head
6th August 2009, 12:05 AM
I know a guy who knows a guy...

Lisa
10th August 2009, 08:38 AM
Hello chris williams welcome to the forum. I am also new here, hope we both have a happy stay here.

Vicious Horizon
10th August 2009, 09:27 AM
I can fly a plane.

RAF Trained mate!

(TOPIC DE-RAILED!)

Target
10th August 2009, 12:17 PM
LoL as if anyone would trust u in control of an aircraft, we dont even trust you with a computer

Vicious Horizon
10th August 2009, 02:57 PM
I don't think it was necessary to ban him.

And Target, it's a fair point, but computers are more complicated than planes XD

D_K_Head
10th August 2009, 05:00 PM
...planes have computers INSIDE them...

Vicious Horizon
10th August 2009, 05:55 PM
Ah yes, but those computers are made so simple a monkey could do it. It's only aerofoil and dynamics, aswell as the flaps, and I believe in the Eurofighter there's a stabilisation (sp?) control, incase the pilots starts to cack.

Simples.

ez64
10th August 2009, 06:10 PM
I can fly a plane.

RAF Trained mate!

(TOPIC DE-RAILED!)

Flying a F22 raptor with a booster seat :D

VoX
10th August 2009, 06:16 PM
Obvious troll was obvious and this thread is going nowhere.