PDA

View Full Version : Starve you wife if she refuses sex

Chalex4
17th August 2009, 11:24 PM
An Afghan bill allowing a husband to starve his wife if she refuses to have sex has been published in the official gazette and become law. Source - BBC (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/8204207.stm)

I can't actually believe that that they passed that law in Afghanistan ... I guess it could work ?!

...not

Darkeagle
17th August 2009, 11:25 PM
im off now, on holiday, to um, not afgan land

Chazlene
17th August 2009, 11:26 PM
Yeah saw about this on TV... the law also says a husband can rape his wife if she refuses sex as well as starving her.

Target
17th August 2009, 11:57 PM
lol at that, and the have like a million wives each thats why theres sooo many starving people out there :D

Trigger
18th August 2009, 12:59 PM
Stupid fucking dark ages countrys, time they realise that there in the 21st century

Isphera
18th August 2009, 01:05 PM
What seems abnormal and outdated to us may seem modern and rational to them. I'm not condoning it, and the Afgan government should be advised to adopt a view geared towards equality, but it has been their culture for centuries through their religion, much like monogamy and equality has become part of western culture, through the spread of Christianity. Whilst many don't follow religion in the West now, some core values from it (such as monogamy and equality) have remained a cornerstone of our culture.

Vicious Horizon
18th August 2009, 01:21 PM
Agreed Oric, another example of us westerners trying to enforce our values on other cultures.

Not that I'm condoning it at all.

Trigger
18th August 2009, 04:50 PM
Firstly every nation and person has a right to follow there own beleifs BUT there is a line that is crossed when a person is allowed to rape and starve another when they refuse to have sex.

There is no rationalisation to that other than obvious twisting of teachings and rules in a male oriented country so the men can get there lustfull ways.

In a world where media, technology and trade has made the world smaller some nations need to change and adapt or conflict as we have allready seen is unavoidable.

Agreed Oric, another example of us westerners trying to enforce our values on other cultures.

Not that I'm condoning it at all.

Im all for enforcing our values when theres breaches basic human rights, you wouldnt want it if you were a women, so why are you just happy to do nothing now?

Target
18th August 2009, 05:20 PM
Although its part of there culture its still fuk'd up and would definately be condoned anywhere esle in the world tbh. But wotcha gunna do?

Isphera
18th August 2009, 05:24 PM
Invade and try and impose our val...wait a minute.....we've already done that. Um.....I dunno.

Trigger
18th August 2009, 05:30 PM
Build a big wall around the middle east and stop air travel then leave them too it lol

Ah dammit found a fault, we need there oil

Target
18th August 2009, 07:03 PM
yeh we already have the locked down :D Well as long as we have that they can wot eva the fuk they like, except be terrorists :D

VoX
18th August 2009, 07:27 PM
Nuke 'em.

Darkeagle
18th August 2009, 07:27 PM
Use Kitchen Gun On them.

Fixed

Target
18th August 2009, 08:24 PM
No they need novint with fleshlight attachment clearly :D

Calneon
18th August 2009, 09:02 PM
Derail alert

This thread took just 20 hours and 3 minutes before going off topic.

Trigger
18th August 2009, 10:10 PM
What more can you say about it apart from there idiots?

Calneon
18th August 2009, 10:40 PM
What more can you say about it apart from there idiots?
QFT.

Not all of them are idiots, but most of them are.

Target
18th August 2009, 11:01 PM
Its not derailed, where coming up with useful solutions to the problem :D

VoX
18th August 2009, 11:18 PM
Derail alert

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a260/Datdude11/Internet%20messages/offtopic.jpg

We are simply making use of the services :p.

Chalex4
19th August 2009, 12:04 AM
I love that image, but back on topic for a second - being allowed to starve people should never be allowed, whether it's a law or not.

Calneon
19th August 2009, 12:13 AM
being allowed to starve people should never be allowed, whether it's a law or not.
Captain Obvious.

Target
19th August 2009, 01:42 AM
haha omg chalex we covered that about 18posts ago :D

Isphera
19th August 2009, 08:54 AM
Derail alert

I can't believe it took us that long. Normally takes us 10 minutes in a thread like this.