PDA

View Full Version : Left 4 Dead 2 Pre-Order

Calneon
2nd September 2009, 03:01 PM
http://www.atkcommunity.com/banners/news/gamingnews.png

In a similar vein to the original Left 4 Dead, you will be able to pre-order Left 4 Dead 2 at a discounted price and the ability to play a demo of the game two weeks before release. Proabably released in the demo would be the first few chapters of the first campaign, as was the case with Left 4 Dead.

In addition to the lower price and early demo access, there will also be an exclusive baseball bat ingame weapon available to people who pre-order. The game is currently un-available to pre-order on Steam, but you can in most online shops.

http://www.gameguru.in/images/left-4-dead-2-01.jpg

Trigger
2nd September 2009, 03:04 PM
I have mixed feelings in regard to this release, it all seems too soon

Calneon
2nd September 2009, 03:21 PM
It's not like we play L4D much anymore, so something new is always welcome. You were just complaining about nothing new and good coming out recently :).

Here's a screenshot of one of the campaigns they're revlealing at some convention soon, looks like a carnival setting with zombie clowns (Clombies?). Perhaps this would be the first campaign you get to play in the demo.

Chalex4
2nd September 2009, 03:50 PM
I preordered L4D at a totally ripoff (supposedly cheaper) price, so I think I'll probably hold out until a Christmas holiday deal on this one.

Zealous
2nd September 2009, 03:51 PM
Looks good, and I must buy!

Calneon
2nd September 2009, 04:16 PM
I preordered L4D at a totally ripoff (supposedly cheaper) price, so I think I'll probably hold out until a Christmas holiday deal on this one.
It's showing up as $52 on my Steam account, so it was quite a lot. I think that turned into something like £35 back then. However, now they do prices in sterling the prices might be better, i'll probably pre order if it's near £25.

Trigger
2nd September 2009, 04:42 PM
It's not like we play L4D much anymore, so something new is always welcome. You were just complaining about nothing new and good coming out recently :)

You are true in that regards but apart from a couple of new scenarios and weapons plus characters at its core its the same game.
I suppose im just in with the group that would have prefered them to carry on updating L4D with say expansions rather than starting a whole new one from which would make the original pointless.

Plus maybe i would play L4D more if they updated it with new weapons and such

Or at the very least hats :p

Calneon
2nd September 2009, 05:01 PM
Yes I do agree with you, but I think Valve are doing this because L4D 1 wasn't as good as they wanted it to be. Which means they will be improving the basic formula in ways such as multiple paths through campaigns, melee weapons, better AI, which I think it would have been hard for them to do using only addon packs for the vanilla L4D.

Also, I know valve are generous, but do you really expect them to release a whole new set of 4 (?) campaigns for free? If this is just a basic expansion pack, they are still entitled to ask you to pay for it like any other expansion pack

Colonel Mitch
3rd September 2009, 12:04 AM
Yes I do agree with you, but I think Valve are doing this because L4D 1 wasn't as good as they wanted it to be. Which means they will be improving the basic formula in ways such as multiple paths through campaigns, melee weapons, better AI, which I think it would have been hard for them to do using only addon packs for the vanilla L4D.

Also, I know valve are generous, but do you really expect them to release a whole new set of 4 (?) campaigns for free? If this is just a basic expansion pack, they are still entitled to ask you to pay for it like any other expansion pack

With valve we expect upated content.

Id much rather have standard new "levels" on L4D and not pay extra for them than have a completely re designed and recreated game thats (realistically going to be) practically identical apart from small things and have to pay for it.

By this i mean I dont ever expact to have to buy TF2 - Upgrade pack 1, as its jsut simple addition, but I do expect to have to buy HL2 EP3, as its a completely new build.

Vicious Horizon
3rd September 2009, 07:48 AM
I don't see why they didn't do the changable paths earlier. I mean, that's been around for years, cs_chateau, anyone?

Calneon
23rd September 2009, 01:38 PM
At a press conference held earlier today in Tokyo, EA took to the stage and revealed that a playable demo for Left 4 Dead 2 will be out next month.

It's dated for October 27, and that's all that was discussed. Not which platform that was for, not whether it was for pre-order customers or everyone, which map it was, nothin. That info will have to wait, it seems!
Can't wait.

Trigger
24th September 2009, 11:49 AM
It all sounds pretty cool now, though i hope its not just for pre ordering people, though it was quite good with the first it was a bit of a waste in the long run

Calneon
3rd October 2009, 02:00 PM
It's now available for pre order on Steam at £30, with a 10% off bonus which makes it £27, and you get early access to demo like with the first game. Tempting, it's cheaper than the first one by quite a lot.

Target
3rd October 2009, 05:03 PM
Yeh but guranteed by xmas or just after it will be on a half price promo

Calneon
4th October 2009, 11:38 AM
Yeh but guranteed by xmas or just after it will be on a half price promo
Yup probably. I'll still buy before though.

giuscon
9th October 2009, 09:52 AM
anyone tell me how to check the boot process and improve the boot time ?

Vicious Horizon
9th October 2009, 04:02 PM
No. Fuck off.

D_K_Head
10th October 2009, 02:15 AM
Well said!

L4D2... meh. L4D1 was a bit boring after a while. Think i'll give this one a miss for now. Maybe if it turns out to be fucking epic. I'll let you decide.

Calneon
10th October 2009, 12:47 PM
There's a new competitive mode been announced called Scavenger mode, where survivors try to refuel a generator by collecting fuel cans, while the infected have to try and stop them. Looks like fun.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2009/10/08/l4d2-scavenger-mode/