PDA

View Full Version : HDN_scrapyard_work in development

Darkpidgeon
3rd September 2009, 09:56 PM
As some of you know I spend quite a few hours on source SDK, so i think is time to show you the work in progress of the hidden map that i am creating

HDN_scrapyard

http://i27.tinypic.com/2zsw6rl.jpg
http://i25.tinypic.com/w037t.jpg
http://i25.tinypic.com/ok4xm1.jpg
(thanks vox :p)

So say what you think, you can play test it by DLing it from the downloads section and follow the readme. Then you can PM me or talk to me via steam on suggestions,comments or abuse :D

Vicious Horizon
4th September 2009, 05:11 PM
Oh awesome. Plus, you should make a secret trap or something only ATK members know about :P Like maybe a switch that you can press to drop a car from a crane? That would be pretty awesome.

Would also be SAFE. (XD)

Darkpidgeon
4th September 2009, 09:15 PM
Thanks. :D

I could do something like that, how about a secret button that allows a thunder strike to magically appear under a painting once its destroyed or something like that.

Also I will add a change log to this thread showing the major updates to the map as I go along.

*Change log*
-added rain + sounds to entire map
-added thunder + sounds on a random timer
-added more physics props

Calneon
4th September 2009, 10:42 PM
It's too dark i can't see anything :)

Darkpidgeon
4th September 2009, 11:11 PM
It's too dark i can't see anything :)

Adds to the atmosphere :p

Anyway these thunder strikes are made of a single light entity with brightness over 100000000 (normal is 255) and these srtike for 0.3 seconds every 5 -35 seconds = plenty of light :D

Calneon
4th September 2009, 11:28 PM
Adds to the atmosphere :p

Anyway these thunder strikes are made of a single light entity with brightness over 100000000 (normal is 255) and these srtike for 0.3 seconds every 5 -35 seconds = plenty of light :D
Man, that could be shit scary, when u catch a glimpse of the hunter in a flash then u cant see him again until another flash....

D_K_Head
5th September 2009, 01:18 AM
it's also a fair point that the hidden is invisible. You ain't seeing him unless you're stationary and you know what to look for... arena just makes it that little bit more trickey

Vicious Horizon
5th September 2009, 10:02 AM
Should also be an inside area, perhaps a shack or something, with good lighting, having a completely dark map makes it almost impossible for the IRIS team, needs to be an area that is hard to camp, but easy to spot the hidden in.

Maybe 2 doors on opposite sides of the room, in a sort of Z fashion, and a broken wall perhaps, gives atmosphere and functionality.

Sorry if it seems as though I'm pressing ideas on you >.<'

Colonel Mitch
5th September 2009, 11:02 AM
Should also be an inside area, perhaps a shack or something, with good lighting, having a completely dark map makes it almost impossible for the IRIS team, needs to be an area that is hard to camp, but easy to spot the hidden in.

Maybe 2 doors on opposite sides of the room, in a sort of Z fashion, and a broken wall perhaps, gives atmosphere and functionality.

Sorry if it seems as though I'm pressing ideas on you >.<'

VH is suggesting this......

as such i propose the inside area THAT THERE ALREADY IS should be completely pitch lblack and have lots of beams etc for the hidden o grab onto and be very confined :D

Vicious Horizon
5th September 2009, 11:11 AM
I'm looking at it from a psychology aspect, a safe area, which isn't as safe as first thought, adds distress to the player, and forces them into quick decisions, which generally aren't the brightest ones.

Mitch also unwittingly gave me an idea, perhaps a generator near the building, with a switch to turn lights on or off, IRIS turn them on and go inside, then Hidden turns the lights off, and everyone cacks themselves x3

Darkpidgeon
5th September 2009, 06:21 PM
well atm ive got an inside with vents and multiple entrances ( the smoke in the second pic must come from somewhere :p ) but it has a garbage compactor like thingie that spawns boxes onto a conveyor belt into a pit of fire.

but it comes with a lot of bugs like the conveyor only moving you, or the boxes or only halfway

for example
http://img122.imageshack.us/img122/5469/boxspawnerworks.jpg

so a better idea would be welcome :D

EDIT: for the scary aspect I am looking towards the lighting and sound effects. for example green light = good. red = bad. red+spinning+siren = flee. I'm using this instead of, OMG!!!!!!!!111 SWINGING ZOMBIE CORPSE, around every corner. (not saying that there isn't one :P )

Calneon
5th September 2009, 07:04 PM
Lighting doesn't really make a difference if you have the night vision thing.

Vicious Horizon
5th September 2009, 07:25 PM
Night vision is only 1 of the things you can get, most players for-go it for a LAM device.

Colonel Mitch
6th September 2009, 02:45 AM
Night vision is only 1 of the things you can get, most players for-go it for a LAM device.

adreaneline ftw tbh. Very good for escaping once youve been slightly slashed :P

Bloo
6th September 2009, 12:43 PM
Gogo flashlight!

Vicious Horizon
6th September 2009, 02:48 PM
Flashlight V-Lags me, and has a negligible effect compared to the LAU

D_K_Head
6th September 2009, 06:40 PM
LAM, and stationary. I can frag a slow moving hidden teh easy with a little aiming dot :D

Colonel Mitch
12th September 2009, 05:43 PM
DarkPigeon, you are required to finish this map. AT ONCE! POST HASTE!

Calneon
12th September 2009, 08:11 PM
The laser sight just lets the hidden know where you're looking.

Bloo
12th September 2009, 08:24 PM
So turn it off until you know he's nearby! (Though that could be too late sometimes)

Darkpidgeon
12th September 2009, 09:53 PM
Bwargh

well its all fine just needs some fine tuning to the out side but the building still needs a lot of work done.
At the moment its just an empty space with vents so ideas welcome

Bloo
13th September 2009, 12:23 AM
Maybe some random clutter? Tin cans, garbage piles etc. That trick worked for Valve and Bethesda.

Colonel Mitch
13th September 2009, 12:34 AM
WATERSLIDE! xD