PDA

View Full Version : Mumble server?

Calneon
5th September 2009, 11:50 PM
Mumble has better sound quality and much less latency than both TS and Vent. Once you've used one for gaming it's hard to go back to TS because of the latency.

Trigger
5th September 2009, 11:52 PM
Yes, just yes

I dont think Ts has anything in its favour in comparison to Mumble

Chalex4
6th September 2009, 12:10 AM
When I last went on a mumble server the sound quality was terrible...hmm.

Calneon
6th September 2009, 12:45 AM
It really isn't. It's much better than TS.

Trigger
6th September 2009, 12:45 AM
Somthing mustve been wrong on your end then, I think everyone of the guys who play TF2 or PR will testify that it is far superior

Edit: lol at the timing of the posts

D_K_Head
6th September 2009, 12:59 AM
as a guy that plays TF2 and PR, may I say that I agree?

that said, it's really good... TS is outdated, and getting worse when compared to the newer clients. It's time for a change...

EDIT: oh, and before I forget... the PR version of mumble has spacial sound. You hear gamers within a certain radius of you, with their voices coming from their avatars... (it takes a while to get used to hearing people from where they are)...

and that's pretty badass...

Target
6th September 2009, 02:39 AM
Vent is also a hell of a lot better than TS and not much harder to use once u get use to it, but mumble would be pro

Mr.Big
6th September 2009, 03:50 AM
And, when the time comes we (you you douchefags) can go back to ts, when ts3 comes out, wich will probably be at the end of this century

Vicious Horizon
6th September 2009, 10:49 AM
Tbh, I like TS, but I have nothing to compare it to. I voted no purely because I dislike change x3

Darkpidgeon
6th September 2009, 11:05 AM
Google: definition

A century (from the Latin centum, meaning one hundred) is one hundred consecutive years. Centuries are numbered ordinally in English and many other languages (e.g. "the seventh century AD").

unless its 2099 and I've been asleep a long time...

*face palm* :p

anyway I do prefer mumble to ts anyway when playing tf2 matches . Mainly because you hear the medic shout when his is being attacked as his body flies past you...

Vicious Horizon
6th September 2009, 11:19 AM
*edits before mitch sees it*

Calneon
6th September 2009, 02:11 PM
unless its 2999 and I've been asleep a long time...
Did you mean 2099?

Darkpidgeon
6th September 2009, 02:17 PM
woops :o

Mr.Big
6th September 2009, 02:23 PM
woops :o

talkin about a facepalm here noobcake, and no i bet ts3 wont come out this year, so yeah, at the end of this CENTURY... (and by that i mean its not coming next yer nor the year after that, and so on...)

Paper Tiger
7th September 2009, 12:29 AM
I voted yes because of peer pressure...

D_K_Head
7th September 2009, 12:59 AM
VH was the only one to vote no...

New server pl0x.

Target
7th September 2009, 02:44 AM
lol DE you noob Mr Big was clearly being sarcastic u fail nub and u put 2999 the first time edit failure!!!

Vicious Horizon
7th September 2009, 07:34 AM
I ENJOY BEING DIFFERENT.

So I am independant.

Mr.Big
7th September 2009, 10:41 AM
I ENJOY BEING DIFFERENT.

So I am independant.

that is a clear sign of noobism :)

Chalex4
7th September 2009, 12:14 PM
Well, it looks like I'll ask INX about this :).

voxfree A.K.A tom
7th September 2009, 02:30 PM
i play both PR and TF2 and think mumble is better but. it seemed to screw up my pc and i had problems with it. but the sound is much better on mumble when it worked lol

Chalex4
7th September 2009, 03:01 PM
I have just got a reply back from INX about the possibility of having a mumble server:

Mumble is something we're looking into. At the moment we are unsure as to whether it can be easily integrated with the current control panel.

So it looks like we'll get it when it's ready :).

Calneon
7th September 2009, 03:11 PM
From that it sounds like they won't have it for ages. Why not just get one from another provider?

D_K_Head
7th September 2009, 03:11 PM
ah, the famous Duke Nukem approach...

as I recall, the same approach you used with the i34 video...

Chalex4
7th September 2009, 03:43 PM
If you can find a provider who provides cheap mumble servers in the UK then I guess we could look into that.

VoX
7th September 2009, 04:46 PM
I am on very good terms with the head of a server provider who sponsor PR with 2 dedi boxes and provide Mumble, I can have words :p.

Chalex4
7th September 2009, 05:51 PM
Here's an little update for you all:

Question:

Would it not be possible for you just to set up one instance of the Mumble server for us until you decide whether you want to integrate it for all your customers?

Reply:

We'll take a closer look at this and try to get a test server setup shortly.

By all means find out a cost Vox, but it looks like we'll be able to get one from INX sooner rather than later :).