PDA

View Full Version : UT3 Free Weekend

Calneon
18th September 2009, 03:54 PM
http://img76.imageshack.us/img76/8457/ut3ja4.jpg

This is the time to try it if you haven't already, it's a good game but suffers from some inactivity. Hopefully this weekend should improve that (and provide some easy noob killing opportunities :)).

The game should be in your Steam 'My Games' tab under uninstalled games, you can download it and play it from 8PM onwards. It's also got a price reduction from £20 to £5.60 so if you like it, you can buy it for next to nothing. In addition, all other UT games are on sale and in a pack for less than a tenner.

Colonel Mitch
18th September 2009, 08:19 PM
What are the restrictions on the games workings?

I mean if i buy this kind of game from steam and contantly swap computers / reformat am i gunna hev to buy it again to keep playing it or will it jsut "be there" on my acocunt?

Calneon
19th September 2009, 01:42 AM
What are the restrictions on the games workings?

I mean if i buy this kind of game from steam and contantly swap computers / reformat am i gunna hev to buy it again to keep playing it or will it jsut "be there" on my acocunt?
Same as any other steam game, always on your account with unlimited reinstalls wherever you are. Afaik there are no securom '3 install limit' bullshit attached to the game, but you might want to check that.

Isphera
19th September 2009, 12:46 PM
Isn't this the fourth or fifth time they've done this? Surely, if we were going to buy it, we would have done by now. It's a good game though, don't get me wrong.

Calneon
19th September 2009, 12:55 PM
Isn't this the fourth or fifth time they've done this? Surely, if we were going to buy it, we would have done by now. It's a good game though, don't get me wrong.

Second I think, the first was when they released the massive patch with new game modes and maps I think.