PDA

View Full Version : COD4 MW2 8V8 max player count!

Chalex4
24th October 2009, 07:19 PM
It seems that PC users are now going to be taken back in time and only offered 8v8 multiplayer gameplay :confused::

http://www.infinityward.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=129808

They obviously want to keep the lag down since there are no dedicated servers and people will be hosting games from their homes. They've basically shot themselves in the foot with IW.NET, the average home doesn't even have an upload that will support a 3v3 match with no lag :eek:.

BRING BACK DEDICATED SERVERS IW!

ez64
24th October 2009, 07:35 PM
And definatly never ever going to pay for this game :)

why would anyway pay to have less than cod4?

Vicious Horizon
24th October 2009, 07:41 PM
Infinity Ward fail epically.

Shame they're still getting console sales, so they're not going bankrupt.

Calneon
24th October 2009, 08:42 PM
Also the fact that you can't set servers up with only a couple or 24/7 maps. When looking for a server you can't chose which map you want to play on, the whole server search is set up by playlists that IW create.

Take a look at this article (http://www.geeks.co.uk/7282-activision%E2%80%99s-bobby-kotick-hates-developers-innovation-cheap-games-you), i think this is the guy to blame, maybe not IW. There is no way he can call himself a member of the gaming industry, totally obsessed by profit and nothing else.

ez64
24th October 2009, 08:56 PM
Need a fuck IW bumbper sticker :D

Trigger
24th October 2009, 09:55 PM
Definately not buying this now, 8sv8 wtf man just fucking stupid

D_K_Head
24th October 2009, 11:03 PM
...hear that?

that was the sound of the remaining 10% canceling their pre-orders and getting bit-torrent ready.

Bloo
24th October 2009, 11:59 PM
It's basically like they've taken a very sucessful game and said "hey, lets see how we can fuck around with the PC crowd!" with the sequel.

OH WAIT.

That's exactly what it is.

IW = faaaaaiiiiil!

Chalex4
25th October 2009, 12:09 AM
Take a look at this article (http://www.geeks.co.uk/7282-activision%E2%80%99s-bobby-kotick-hates-developers-innovation-cheap-games-you), i think this is the guy to blame, maybe not IW.

WHAT?! I know you don't get rich by being a nice guy, but what the f**k is that guy playing at? Maybe the things panned out were that IW were given such a ridiculously small deadline by the dickheads at Activision that they didn't have time or perhaps even resources to sort out the dedicated server stuff. Alternatively, this whole IW.NET system could just be there to bring a new way to delivering DLCs - another way for activision to make more money.

This needs to be sorted out though, at this rate they'll lose their PC fanbase before it's even released. Not that Activision would care, since their main focus is the console folk.

Colonel Mitch
25th October 2009, 02:01 AM
...hear that?

that was the sound of the remaining 10% canceling their pre-orders and getting bit-torrent ready.

For the first time ever, DK is right!

As you know I wasnt pleased but wasnt completely off put by the no dedi servers idea.

Now, I am.

Ill be keeping my cash. Thnaks IW.

VoX
25th October 2009, 11:35 AM
I'm with Mitch and DK here.

Target
25th October 2009, 12:48 PM
The server side was meant to be pretty much the same as cod4 and people wuld just be able to change a few settings and old configs would work on the new game :(
IW have fuked this shit up big time was so lukin forward to this game but am sure they can see that peeps are not happy when so many must be canceling pre-orders. I'm gunna wot most people and wait till other people have played the game and IW decide thats they've been massive cunts and get dedi sorted

L4D2 is definately gettin bought instead :D

Calneon
25th October 2009, 01:22 PM
I love how before the podcast somebody from IW said that the multiplayer would be the same as in CoD4, a pure lie. Also, on the podcast he said that maximum player counts would not be affected yet lo-and-behold a week later and they say the max is 8v8.