PDA

View Full Version : Modern Warfare 2 (MW2) Controversial Opening

VoX
29th October 2009, 12:08 PM
http://www.gametrailers.com/user-movie/modern-warfare-2-intro-gameplay/333463

Ok, wtf.

(It's in French due to the game being leaked in France, but you can still get the point of it)

Watch it quickly, the video's are being taken down from everywhere.

Trigger
29th October 2009, 12:25 PM
Wow thats brutal though thats kinda made me want to get the game now :p

Calneon
29th October 2009, 03:27 PM
I do really want to get it for the singleplayer, im sure it will be very good. I just can't justify buying it without the multiplayer though.

Vicious Horizon
29th October 2009, 03:37 PM
Agreed. I feel no shame in saying I may download it purely for the SP, but definately not gonna pay without dedi.

Chalex4
29th October 2009, 05:10 PM
Ahhhhh man, it's not up anymore! It sounds epic :p. *frantically google searches*

VoX
29th October 2009, 05:19 PM
Ahhhhh man, it's not up anymore! It sounds epic :p. *frantically google searches*
Basically its 5 or so guys walk into an airport with LMGs and shoot the crap out of all the civies inside.

D_K_Head
29th October 2009, 05:22 PM
aww, didn't catch it. Any others showing it?

Chalex4
29th October 2009, 05:29 PM
Yeah I found it here:

http://www.wegame.com/watch/Leaked-Airport-Terrorist-attack-intro-mission/

Despite how controversial it is, it looked like a great scene to play and remember that part of the intro sequence it to get you really excited - just like the epic COD4 one :). If I could buy only the singleplayer, I would.

D_K_Head
29th October 2009, 05:59 PM
nope, they got that one too

EDIT: scratch that, my browser died

oh that is badass. Wonder what the multiplier on that lot was?

Target
30th October 2009, 12:46 PM
The thing is the game looks so fuckin cool, but its all about the endless multiplayer with CoD and there always has been awesome multiplayer since CoD2. I'm prob going to wait till xmas to get this game anyway hopefully by then they will have decided that without dedi life fails and change it. Server hosting companies must be rather pissed tbf, this must be costing them millions.

Bloo
30th October 2009, 12:59 PM
As soon as I watched that video and saw it said CIA then some russian badguy movement I thought "Yup, you die at the end of the mission." IW is quite predictable sometimes.

Still MW2 looks fun, but I might get it, but I'm defo not buying it.

Vicious Horizon
30th October 2009, 01:46 PM
Yeah, this is just a lose-lose for everyone involved:
IW lose 90% of their PC sales.
PC Gamers lose out on an amazing Franchise
Hosting Companies, who had projected profit from MW2 are now f00ked because they may have overspent, predicting they'd make it back on MW2 servers.

Fail.

Target
31st October 2009, 06:03 PM
They must be changing the whole multiplayer system for pc, there no way they can afford to loose the whole pc side of the game. Saying this though if steam released and sort of new version of CS then it could be huge :D