PDA

View Full Version : Battlefield Bad Company 2 Video

Chalex4
8th November 2009, 05:24 PM
Sure, we've seen a pretty trailer of the game before but sometimes the actual gameplay can be very different. Since the beta is coming soon another video has made its way onto the web:

Watch it here: http://kotaku.com/5398997/heres-what-youll-miss-in-the-bad-company-2-multiplayer-beta

The PS3 multiplayer beta kicks off on the 19th. After that, PC players get an open beta in December, and a full multiplayer demo drops everywhere next year.

This game looks to have the same addictive qualities of BF2, but with some stunning sounds and graphics that make me want to play it right now :D. This is a definite buy for me I think - screw MW2.

VoX
8th November 2009, 05:51 PM
Come the 19th I'll tell you how it is :p.

I'll be selling my PS3 shortly after so might aswell enjoy it while I can.

Calneon
9th November 2009, 12:21 PM
Come the 19th I'll tell you how it is :p.

I'll be selling my PS3 shortly after so might aswell enjoy it while I can.
I'm pretty sure you have to pre-order it for PS3 in order to access the beta.

Chalex4
9th November 2009, 02:32 PM
Yeah if the beta was available to everyone then everyone would play instead of MW2 :p.

Do we have to preorder to get beta access on PC? If so, I'll definitely do that!

D_K_Head
9th November 2009, 06:27 PM
nah, it says open beta... they did the same thing with 2142 a while back, so chances are it'll be open...

and if it turns out to be a closed open beta (see global agenda/shattered horizon), chalex'll find us a way in.

Calneon
9th November 2009, 07:33 PM
Do we have to preorder to get beta access on PC? If so, I'll definitely do that!

As DK says it's an open beta, so no.

Chalex4
9th November 2009, 08:16 PM
Good stuff, although I have my reservations about multiplayer only being 24 slots. Oh well, it'll serve as a good stop-gap between BF3 with larger maps and players.

Bloo
9th November 2009, 09:04 PM
24 players is alright, as long as the maps are focused and tight enough to make those 24 players be relatively close.

Though BF3 would be nice, with the ability to see your feet.

D_K_Head
10th November 2009, 12:51 AM
why feet? I always felt that the BF engine treated your avatar more like some weird sphere anyway (not including hitboxes)

Bloo
10th November 2009, 01:37 AM
Mostly because I seeing my feet in FPS games, it grounds things somehow. But also because it was done in Mirrors Edge and I'm hoping they add some of the lessions they learned across to BF (not.. parkour obviously, but I swear the way that game handled running was far better than most FPS games).

But mostly because I like seeing my feet.

D_K_Head
10th November 2009, 01:53 AM
psst, your shoelace is untied. Hammer N to bend down and tie it up while the stealthy chink arsehole tears you a new one with his engineer drill.

Bloo
10th November 2009, 10:09 AM
That'd be awesome, and if you try and sprint, you trip over!

Erm, but anyway, self-realisation is cool, I like it so meh to you sir, meh to you.