PDA

View Full Version : i30/i31 Information

Chalex4
10th April 2007, 09:44 PM
http://www.atkcommunity.com/banners/news/multiplay.png

I thought I would post some stuff on i30 since you are all so interested in going to i31.

i30 was a 4 day LAN party to which 1,500 gamers attended. We were spread out over 2 buildings, the Grandstand and the Berkshire Stand. All of the main events happened in the "Finals Tent" outside the Grandstand, and all of the stands were in the ground floor of the Grandstand. A few of the main stands were:

Intel - showing off all their latest hardware, with 8 PCs to play on.
Crucial - holding competitions daily, top prizes being 2GB of Crucial Ballistix RAM (£260 retail)
Kustom PCs - selling lots of computer gear
Packard Bell - 5 x 42" LCD screens with pedals and wheel for driving races

I was in the EVE section however you are free to play any game you like in any section, there were only a maximum of 5 people playing EVE at any one time, most people were playing CSS and C&C3 (which I have now).

Here is a short video I made of the event. It should give you an idea of what it is like:

2EWklyg-42g

You can find it on Google Video HERE (http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=8869279141313062574)

If you don't like the quality of viewing the videos online you can download it here (http://www.mediafire.com/?1tjgmotkmzm)

*Please note that when I uploaded the videos they were excellent quality, YouTube and Google just downscale them so they can be viewed faster.

Since many of you are wanting to go to i31 it is important to get a few things sorted out first. You must be free on the dates below:

i31 - 1500 places
10 August 2007 till 13 August 2007Also, make sure you can get to Newbury Race Course, i31 opens its gates at 9am on the 10th.

Unless you want to risk sleeping in the small designated sleeping areas, it is a good idea to bring your own tent. Personally I have a Popup tent that takes less than 1 minute to set up and pack away, perfect for this type of event.

If you are planning to sign up, then it is best to do so before the 23rd of April 2007 in order to receive 20% off your order of £80. There is a nifty feature called EAS which basically means you can arrive one day early for the event, however they do not guarantee that everything will be fully set up, and the internet may only be fully functional on the official opening the next day.

In respect to where we will all sit, I think that we should all go for the:

Other section ( any other games not listed )

I know you may be thinking that since most of us play CSS we should go in the CSS section, but believe me, the top floor of the Grandstand was hot in April, can you imagine what it would be like in August? Also, there is nothing stopping us from all playing CSS in this section, in the EVE section we had a CSS clan entering all the leagues, no one was concerned at all that they weren't playing EVE.

Please check out if you can go or not, t-shirts will be available once we have a new site and logo. (Before you ask, every clan, community and group of people that knew each other had personalised t-shirts, so we wouldn't be out of place!)

When you sign up please make 100% sure that you clan tag is |ATK|, this is so that we are automatically sat next to each other when the seating plan is done. We can arrange who sits next to who later on.

MOST IMPORTANTLY - Please do not come just because other people are going. You really must want to go, and be in a good mood while you are there ;) . More information can be found at the following links:

http://i30.multiplay.co.uk/

http://www.multiplay.co.uk/

Chazlene
10th April 2007, 09:49 PM
So if we sign we sign up we just set our tag to ATK with no symbols or anything?

By the way I posted a new logo for ATK.

Isphera
10th April 2007, 09:54 PM
Shotgun at the end of a row by the wall :D

Booking Tomorrow

BTW, My stomach is large enough to be classed as advertisment space, thus you must pay me to wear the T-Shirt :D

Hutch
10th April 2007, 09:55 PM
I'll come if I have a new pc.. I like the idea of t-shirts.
Other games sounds ok.

Toxic
11th April 2007, 02:49 AM
Do you have to bring your own pc? Because if you do i can't really because with my good fast running pc still broken and this pc being quite slow it would be hard to do.

Isphera
11th April 2007, 09:55 AM
Just seen video. Im booking it today. But thats not my new bebo flashbox :D.

As usual, your music selection could have been better thought out. Prodigy was good, but Rob Zombie? Good normally, just didnt fit. :P

Chalex4
11th April 2007, 10:06 AM
It wasn't meant to be a work of art Oric, it is just a film I quickly put together to give everyone an idea of what i30 was like.

Hutch
11th April 2007, 10:19 AM
Everyone there either had a shaved head or manb00bs. Maybe I should shave my head to fit in?

VoX
11th April 2007, 10:35 AM
lol looks awesome, will ask if i can go soon
some peps there had laptops, were they there own and do we have to bring our own?

Chalex4
11th April 2007, 10:48 AM
**UPDATE**

Please make sure you put your clan tag as |ATK| with the lines around it!

Target
11th April 2007, 11:28 AM
Looks gud gunna get pc upgraded before then and easy be able to come :)

the witch
11th April 2007, 09:00 PM
2 questions , is alcohol allowed on site? and do we have to bring are own pc or will there be options to rent....

Chalex4
11th April 2007, 09:03 PM
It is a BYOC (Bring Your Own Computer) event and if you are over 18 you are allowed to purchase alcohol at the bar.

the witch
11th April 2007, 09:14 PM
pfft dont suppose you no what the price's where like at the bar? if not can you bring your own and consume it within the venue?

ill probably consider coming and possibly bringing some mates along if im driving by the next one , could also offer lifts / pick up in exchange for petrol money for those folks that live in the Brighton area, but that depends if i pass my test by then....

Chalex4
11th April 2007, 11:01 PM
I think that you have to buy alcoholic drinks in the bar, although I am not 100% sure. You are allowed to bring soft drinks e.g. coke, fanta, water etc.

Chalex4
12th April 2007, 01:37 PM
Ok, I am now booked and paid. I am in the "Other (games not listed)" section.

VoX
12th April 2007, 02:06 PM
ok im gunna ask soon, so its other games section, clan tag |ATK|

btw a bit of topic chazlene if ur looking at this COME ON TS NOW

Chazlene
12th April 2007, 02:17 PM
I'm looking at the signup page now - do we need to select any of the service details? Since I don't have a wireless network card, or is the internet there wired?

Isphera
12th April 2007, 05:04 PM
Internet is wired, so your fine.

Booked and paid for at 10AM this morning. Other Section under |ATK|Oricalcos

Chalex4
13th April 2007, 10:09 AM
Lol, they provide you with a network cable and a desk. There is wireless, but you have to pay extra because it is mainly for people using laptops. I didn't select any of the optional extras, however I may do closer to the time.

VoX
13th April 2007, 01:35 PM
Do we have to take our own computers?

Chalex4
13th April 2007, 02:30 PM
If you read the whole thread you would have seen that I said this earlier.

It is a BYOC (Bring Your Own Computer) event ...

VoX
13th April 2007, 02:37 PM
Ok, I wont be able to go then as I wouldnt be allowed to bring my computer (it the family one lol)

Chazlene
13th April 2007, 03:37 PM
You could come as a spectator or I think there is a section you can use any consoles if you have one, but it might just be for Xbox 360s.

undeaded
13th April 2007, 03:48 PM
or PS3s, but no one cares about them.

*wizzles on PS3*