PDA

View Full Version : New Keyboard/Mouse setup

Isphera
8th December 2009, 08:28 PM
Just made my Christmas order for a new keyboard and mouse setup, and I'm switching away from my usual Logitech gear (company I've used for 11 years, stretching back to my crappy Mesh) and switching to a Razer setup, due to their high quality, beautiful look and great reputation.

Rather than an overdone black with blue, I've gone with a black with white look.

Mouse: Lachesis
http://eu.razerzone.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/f63dc5ec28f3175f8a7f615bd217eb71/6/6/66_2.jpg

Keyboard: Arctosa
http://eu.razerzone.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/f63dc5ec28f3175f8a7f615bd217eb71/1/3/130_1_2.jpg

Surface: Sphex
http://eu.razerzone.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/f63dc5ec28f3175f8a7f615bd217eb71/s/p/sphex02.jpg

Hopefully, this is the first step of a complete tech overhaul and upgrade for my rig.

D_K_Head
8th December 2009, 08:36 PM
why does the name of your mouse sound like a genital disease?

EDIT: scratch that, all of the names sound like personal issues.

Nice setup though... very sleek...

Chalex4
8th December 2009, 08:45 PM
Although the mousemat isn't to my taste, that keyboard and mouse look great. Still, you can't beat the G15 with its screen - it's sooo useful for seeing resource usage and playing music :).

Isphera
8th December 2009, 09:17 PM
I have the first G15 ATM, and yeah, the screen is awesome. But for what I do and use my PC for, it's become a bit redundant. Plus the hot-keys extend it and (same reason for the screen) are a bit pointless to me, as well as extend it to massive proportions on my desk. The wrist support broke too, so the gaining of a support again with the Razer will make me very happy :D

VoX
8th December 2009, 09:31 PM
Mouse is very nice, mind me asking why you didn't go with the Deathadder though? Edit: By the look of it the deathadder is lower in the range to the Lachesis.

Also, you do know the Arctosa has tracking that's a lot like laptop keys?

Keep us posted on how it all performs.

Isphera
8th December 2009, 10:21 PM
I use a claw-grip on the mouse, and I ran through their mouse guide and did their recommendation form to suggest which mice suited my play style. Lachesis was the one at the top of the list. It was one of the two I had in my sights (the other being the Diamondback)

Arctosa is a descendant of the Lycosa and Tarantula, and also runs on the same 'Razer Hyperesponse Technology', which is why they are so widely used by the top gaming teams. Admittedly, the Arctosa is the 'baby' of the range, but Razer don't do a skimp because of it. The grip on the keys is apparently a minor issue, but it was the same with the G15 v.1 (my current keyboard), with the only gripe reviewers could say was the grip on the keys, but I've had no problems at all with them.

I'll keep you updated when I get them - fancy some CS as a personal test?

scratch that, all of the names sound like personal issues.

Nice setup though... very sleek...

All their names are taken from tropical spiders.

Colonel Mitch
8th December 2009, 10:34 PM
No offence oric, and im not nagging, but why? and how much?

Isphera
8th December 2009, 10:37 PM
I wanted a new, shiny upgrade. And £126.

Colonel Mitch
8th December 2009, 10:42 PM
I wanted a new, shiny upgrade. And £126.

just lol oric....I hope you liek the mouse, I know a few people that do, tried them myself several times and HATED them lol xD

Also the keyboard is overpriced but :P

Target
9th December 2009, 01:51 AM
lol oric you have just he XTX Gaming keyboard from Mitch tis pro...and the Diamondback is sex tbh, but u cant beat £20 Trust mice with burst fire button :D and flashy lights

Colonel Mitch
9th December 2009, 02:03 AM
lol oric you have just he XTX Gaming keyboard from Mitch tis pro...and the Diamondback is sex tbh, but u cant beat £20 Trust mice with burst fire button :D and flashy lights

Lol i remember the X-9372GB XTX Gaming Keyboard I took to i31 ;)

Its on the server downstairs right now :D

Calneon
9th December 2009, 02:56 AM
I'm getting one of these for Christmas.

http://giama.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/972710.jpg

My G5 and Everglide Titan are still perfect though so no need to replace them.

A razor keyboard would be my second choice though.

ez64
9th December 2009, 04:20 AM
I want a floating keyboard as well, where do you get such a device :p

Mr.Big
9th December 2009, 04:26 AM
*diss* ive tried that mouse and god i hated it so much *diss*

Vicious Horizon
9th December 2009, 09:02 AM
I want a keyboard which is a little like a laptop one, seeing as I LOVE laptop keyboards x3

D_K_Head
9th December 2009, 11:01 AM
you have a GAMING keyboard hooked up to your server?

Oh COME ON!

Colonel Mitch
9th December 2009, 07:30 PM
you have a GAMING keyboard hooked up to your server?

Oh COME ON!

You havent seen the U3-21445 Gaming Keyboard XTX... have you DK....

Target
10th December 2009, 03:39 AM
lol, mitch its the Ferrari of gaming keyboards ^^

VoX
10th December 2009, 11:31 AM
Google images turns up nothing and standard google just gives this thread. Got any pics?

Colonel Mitch
10th December 2009, 01:23 PM
Google images turns up nothing and standard google just gives this thread. Got any pics?

It was before your time vox..... back in the days of i31.... that keyboard has served me well for over 12 years xD

D_K_Head
10th December 2009, 01:25 PM
pics or it didn't happen.

Colonel Mitch
10th December 2009, 01:28 PM
pics or it didn't happen.

cba. re watch the i31 vid or look through pics from that wherever they are and you may see it.