PDA

View Full Version : The Battle for Vogen Part 1

Chazlene
13th April 2007, 12:35 AM
Here's the download for Part 1 of The Battle For Vogen Video: Download (http://www.c2gcommunity.co.uk/userfiles/chazlene/Movies/TheBattleForVogenPart1.wmv)

Thanks a lot to Oricalcos and Hutch for joining in with filming.

undeaded
13th April 2007, 10:01 AM
That's great. I didn't know what was going on but it was good. Could you get rid of the fraps bit at the top?

Isphera
13th April 2007, 03:00 PM
Great first part, gave it a teaser aspect :D

Didnt have yours, mine or Hutch's names at the end. BTW, when you do put them in, use our real names.

Chazlene
13th April 2007, 03:36 PM
Yeah, I'll put credits in on the last part of the film, and if I wanted to get rid of the watermark Undead I would have to reformat my PC and get a cracked full version of Fraps.

undeaded
13th April 2007, 03:46 PM
Why reformat?

Couldn't you drag in a black rectabgle and place it over that so it looked more wide screen?

Chazlene
13th April 2007, 03:49 PM
Well I have to use Windows movie maker since Adobe Premiere gets a load of problems when I install it, and Movie Maker doesn't have many features.

Hutch
13th April 2007, 04:17 PM
Well I have to use Windows movie maker since Adobe Premiere gets a load of problems when I install it, and Movie Maker doesn\\\'t have many features.

Very good. But heres where I start ripping it to shreds :)

First off, there were moments where it showed that your pc could no longer cope making the film seem laggy.Turn down the graphics settings if it starts to lag. Secondly occasionally I saw units highlighted in that lovely green. Some shots towards the end were through walls. Fraps watermark etc you\\\'ll have to fix. You can still see the fog of war while people are moving around and your camera work is a bit jittery as well.

Good choice of music and you certainly captured the preparation of war, maybe a glimpse of violence to come or some action to capture peoples imaginations for the next episode wouldnt have gone amiss.

Chazlene
13th April 2007, 05:41 PM
Well yeah, the whole point of part 1 is the battle hasn't actually started yet. In the original version when I took the clips straight from Fraps and put them in I shortened the clips to take out the green selection boxes, but because I had to put together the whole thing again after converting the files I really couldn't be arsed to shorten them. I'll probably fix it later and release that version on Youtube.
The only reason it lagged was because I was controlling a squad upgraded to 30 soldiers which you can do in the cinematic mod, when we film later I'll just use normal sized squads so it doesn't lag.

Squizzel
14th April 2007, 02:13 AM
nicely done, even if there's no violence in the first part, you still know there will be later, it's a pretty good build up