PDA

View Full Version : ATK AOE2 Tourney

D_K_Head
7th February 2010, 04:00 PM
The Final Setup
We're going to be using the Ladder system built into the ATK Tourneys thingie to deal with 2v2s. Oric'll sort out the points scheme (eventually)

TADA: http://www.atkcommunity.com/ladders.php?do=view&id=1

THE TEAMS

It's what everyone has been speculating about (Maybe). The TEAMS!

Phant and Trig
Wow, what a surprise eh? Yep, the RTS duo will be pairing up for this ladder, and will probably be somewhere near the top. I've spoken to trig, and they're taking this one seriously

Oric and Mitch
Having played against them, I know this pair work well together, and will probably be a threat. Keep your eyes out guys.

D_K and M4rek
You may have noticed this reclusive lurker finally signed up and posted in the shoutbox a while ago. He's partnered with me for this tourney, and here's hoping!

Other Teams have not yet been decided

Unteamed players
Bloo
EZ
Fred
Target
Mr Big (maybe)
Marshy (maybe)

RULES
Random Map
2v2v2v2 (Or 2v2)
Largest Size Possible
200 Pop Cap
No Monestaries or units with the Conversion ability.

Calneon
7th February 2010, 04:54 PM
Count me in. Would be better to do an actual tourney though, as a FFA can be unfair if one player gets ganged lol.

D_K_Head
7th February 2010, 05:12 PM
if anyone's getting ganged from the start, it'll be me... that said, maybe teams?

Calneon
7th February 2010, 05:55 PM
Teams could work.

ez64
7th February 2010, 05:59 PM
I would be in if preists are banned.

Bloo
7th February 2010, 06:11 PM
I would join if it is team based, when I play RTS games on my own I tend to end up as a paranoid turtle. Also yeah, no priests, you can win the El Cid campaign with the hero and conversion alone.

CILLIT BANG
7th February 2010, 06:29 PM
2v2 tournament would be kwl

D_K_Head
7th February 2010, 06:31 PM
might have a 2v2 rather than a free-for-all if everyone would prefer it.

Trigger
7th February 2010, 06:34 PM
Im up for whatever you fellas choose

Colonel Mitch
7th February 2010, 06:37 PM
I would be in if preists are banned.

lulz.... il be stealing your army now from 999999 range ;)

would also be up for a 2v2

Mr.Big
7th February 2010, 06:53 PM
oooh count me in ( well mabeh)

D_K_Head
8th February 2010, 10:00 PM
Well, looks like that's it. Since there's 8(7 if big decides not to join in), 2v2v2v2 sound good, or do you guys want to have a 2v2 tourney with seeds and brackets and such (In which case, we'll need oric).

Oh right, and since we'll probably have to do this at the weekend some time, any suggestions for when? (IE: Friday 7pm... sunday 4pm... Just guesstimate)

EDIT: Oh yeah, and pair up guys. Pick a partner and get practicing. No monks (or monks in carts bloo.)

Bloo
8th February 2010, 10:47 PM
I reckon we should try random partners so no-one knows who they'll end up with. :p

Isphera
8th February 2010, 11:06 PM
do you guys want to have a 2v2 tourney with seeds and brackets and such (In which case, we'll need oric).

Give me the list, and I'll sort out my randomiser.

ez64
8th February 2010, 11:09 PM
Dont release the results either until match day so we cannot make team plans.

Mr.Big
9th February 2010, 08:48 AM
but wheres the fun in a priest rush? jk :P

Isphera
9th February 2010, 11:06 AM
Actually, I change my mind. I want in - assuming it still feasable to include me.

D_K_Head
9th February 2010, 01:15 PM
Actually, I change my mind. I want in - assuming it still feasable to include me.

There's a list of eight at the moment but someone might drop out... or we could do three 3v3's...

...if 2v2 sounds popular, we could do a bloody ladder for it.

Might make it easier to set times too.

Oh, and seriously, you guys need to sort yourselves into teams by say... thursday. After that i'll let oric's randomiser figure who's with who.

Isphera
9th February 2010, 01:34 PM
That's cool, I'll be a standby for a drop-out or if Big decides he doesn't want to do it.

And here's a prelim random team generation. As usual, I have had no control over the actual generation other than setting the limits of what numbers can and can't be chosen:

Trigger and Phantom (lol)
DK and Fred
EZ and Bloo
Piers and Big/Oric/Whoever is 8th

If someone leaves a pairing, then I'll re-sort them, but I'm guessing at least one of the above will stay the same. I think we can guess which one is most likely to.....

D_K_Head
9th February 2010, 02:47 PM
heh, no doubt.

Isphera
9th February 2010, 02:58 PM
For the record, if I did end up choosing partners because I was in the tourney, I'm open to playing with anyone.....named Piers :D.

Mr.Big
9th February 2010, 03:36 PM
shoo oric, shoo

ez64
9th February 2010, 05:09 PM
Dont release the results either until match day so we cannot make team plans.

That's cool, I'll be a standby for a drop-out or if Big decides he doesn't want to do it.

And here's a prelim random team generation. As usual, I have had no control over the actual generation other than setting the limits of what numbers can and can't be chosen:

DK and Fred
EZ and Bloo
Piers and Big/Oric/Whoever is 8th

If someone leaves a pairing, then I'll re-sort them, but I'm guessing at least one of the above will stay the same. I think we can guess which one is most likely to.....

Nice one oric....

D_K_Head
9th February 2010, 05:12 PM
The link to the ladder is up. Ignoring oric's randomness for now, get teamed up and enter the ladder.

http://www.atkcommunity.com/ladders.php?do=view&id=1

Calneon
9th February 2010, 05:36 PM
Haha random pwned. U's gettin' owned.

Also, map should be unexplored.

Target
10th February 2010, 03:57 AM
I'm in, I'll be at home on Friday and AoE was the first pc game I played on win95 XD