PDA

View Full Version : C&C 4 PUBLIC Beta!

Chalex4
16th February 2010, 05:11 PM
http://www.commandandconquer.com/sites/default/files/content/story/images/attachments/CnC4PublicBetaGamespot.jpg

Somehow I managed to only find out about this today, so I thought you guys might be interested!!

To get in the Command & Conquer 4 Public Beta, all you have to do is visit our Gamespot Beta Page here (http://www.gamespot.com/event/codes/command-conquer-4-open) right now, and follow these simple steps:

Visit the C&C 4 Gamespot Beta page, here (http://www.gamespot.com/event/codes/command-conquer-4-open/).

If you are not logged in, you are prompted to log in to your free GameSpot account, or register for one.

Once you are logged in, you will see registration fields already populated for you, based on your GS profile. Just hit Submit.

The page now includes new information, including your key (the URL), and instructions on what to do.

If Gamespot is temporarily out of keys, DO NOT WORRY, you will be placed on a short waitlist if necessary. You do not need to re-register. Once Gamespot releases more keys, you will be assigned a key in the order you joined the waitlist. Your own key is displayed on the page, as well as sent to you by email.

Once you have your key, go to http://www.commandandconquer.com/redeemcode and insert your key. You will then have to link it to your EA account and download the installer.

So, what can we do in the beta?

You will have the chance to play the new 5v5 objective-based multiplayer matches across four maps, including a level called Afflicted Arena. This stage is Polynesian themed and features GDI forces being attacked by the Brotherhood of Nod, who are trying to use the location to control the Pacific Rim. By using the new offense, defense and support classes, players will be able to capture vital targets on the map and lead their team to victory.

The multiplayer beta will also include the persistent player progression system, a new feature for C&C 4 which allows success on the battlefield to be redeemed for new units and abilities. Any progress made within the multiplayer beta can be transferred to the full game when it is released in March.

The download is really quick (1.5GB), I can't wait to play it in 15 mins or so :D.

Are you guys going to try this out?

Bloo
16th February 2010, 05:21 PM
I'll give it a go.

Colonel Mitch
16th February 2010, 05:32 PM
I'll give it a go.

THATS WHAT I....oh whats the point...

Bloo
16th February 2010, 05:42 PM
THATS WHAT I....oh whats the point...

You're beginning to understand.

Trigger
16th February 2010, 05:45 PM
I get serious de ja vu everytime i play new C&C games but ill try it as usual

Chalex4
16th February 2010, 05:47 PM
I seem to be getting a "General system error" when I try to login on the game launcher. Apparently others are getting it too, so I'm inclined to think that EA's servers are just playing up.

Trigger
16th February 2010, 05:56 PM
Im getting a error trying to log onto Ea to request my installer

Darkpidgeon
16th February 2010, 05:59 PM
Same, cant even log into EA account via website, i think something gone wrong...

Colonel Mitch
16th February 2010, 06:01 PM
indeed, i can ney log in :(

Target
16th February 2010, 06:12 PM
I may try it when its working

Chalex4
16th February 2010, 06:25 PM
I've logged in successfully and managed to just get totally raped on my first attempt :p.

The music is quite cool though :).

EDIT: Check out this link, it has some good info and explains what's going on: http://forums.commandandconquer.com/jforum/posts/list/33629.page

Darkpidgeon
16th February 2010, 08:55 PM
Got mine to work, anyone wanna game message me on steam :D

D_K_Head
17th February 2010, 01:43 AM
Spah's sappin' mah EA

Target
17th February 2010, 02:01 AM
Downloading now, hopefully this will play better than BC2 :O

Mr.Big
17th February 2010, 08:31 AM
Downloading now, hopefully this will play better than BC2 :O

Try Hardcore mode on BC2 its SOOO MUCH MORE FUN.

Also, yeh i got a beta key for this a few days ago so, i think its ok but tbh i hate games when i dont need to build a base I LIKE BUILDING BASES, basicly you get a walker move it around and create units...

Colonel Mitch
17th February 2010, 09:07 AM
Try Hardcore mode on BC2 its SOOO MUCH MORE FUN.

Also, yeh i got a beta key for this a few days ago so, i think its ok but tbh i hate games when i dont need to build a base I LIKE BUILDING BASES, basicly you get a walker move it around and create units...

=/ that doesnt sound too good to me either....

to be fair i probably wont buy this one, its based on the classic saga. I love generals frankly because its not really command and conquer.

Chalex4
17th February 2010, 03:13 PM
Have you actually tried the beta though Mitch?

Target
17th February 2010, 04:13 PM
I just finished downloading it, will install and play in a few minzzzzz just need to bash out another 700 words :(

Bloo
17th February 2010, 04:33 PM
Anyone want to play it together and beat up some random noobs? Or err, more likely, get destroyed by them?

Colonel Mitch
17th February 2010, 04:52 PM
Have you actually tried the beta though Mitch?

no coz im not at home. just stating that i doubt ill be buying it simply down to its control system and porbably due to bad gameplay like RA3

Target
17th February 2010, 06:58 PM
AHAHHAHAA it horrible how the fuk do you upgrade things, zomg i got raped first time there units were like lol i pwn ur face now

Target
17th February 2010, 08:00 PM
Actually a shit game, you only get better upgrades and units when you level up, so basically I am higher level therefore I win...not much stratergy there :S

Bloo
17th February 2010, 11:17 PM
Plus it just feels really really boring as a game. Where is the old days when putting infantry on tiberium caused them to die and turn into blobs that go about killing everything!?

Mr.Big
17th February 2010, 11:30 PM
yeah this game is a big letdown

aVen
18th February 2010, 07:24 PM
That's not what you said yesterday Mr. Big, yesterday you said it was awesome and you loved it and I had to get myself a key.

Vicious Horizon
18th February 2010, 07:47 PM
*cough* Smackdown *wheeze*

ez64
20th February 2010, 01:12 PM
about to try but to me RTS should be about complex build strategy's as well as countering enemy unit types so it makes the game much more interesting even after the first 5 matches.

D_K_Head
20th February 2010, 04:55 PM
about to try but to me RTS should be about complex build strategy's as well as countering enemy unit types so it makes the game much more interesting even after the first 5 matches.

*cough* AOE2 *cough*

Mr.Big
21st February 2010, 08:28 PM
That's not what you said yesterday Mr. Big, yesterday you said it was awesome and you loved it and I had to get myself a key.

I said no such thing, i told you, that you should get a key and try it out.