PDA

View Full Version : Possible ideas for future poll series

Isphera
18th February 2010, 02:32 PM
Following the success of the DWPS, I have had a few more ideas for a couple other poll series, and wondered what you guys thought and if you had any ideas yourselves.

I've got one based on music bands (I think we could fill up 32 easily, if not 64) and one based on game series (seems apt considering our community).

D_K_Head
18th February 2010, 08:34 PM
Guitarists or games series works well...

still got that list of everyone's top 3 game series floating around somewhere...

Target
19th February 2010, 02:26 AM
Yeh games would be good or TV shows / films are obvious ones but as a gaming community games are obv choice....and cars or favourite top gear episodes

Isphera
19th February 2010, 10:28 AM
TV Shows is a good one, might be a bit difficult if some people haven't seen the show or it isn't well publicised, e.g I don't think many here watch my favourite shows of The Big Bang Theory and Castle, plus I am pretty sure no-one watches The Colbert Report.

Chazlene
19th February 2010, 01:25 PM
I really don't think something like bands would work, probably the same with TV shows, because people are far more opinionated and attached to their favourite, whereas with the desirable women one people changed their minds after seeing the other contestants.

Isphera
19th February 2010, 01:37 PM
Although the attachment to a favorite seemed to happen in the DWPS despite a superior opponent.

Liv Tyler and Amanda Tapping spring to mind.

So at the moment we have;

Game Series
Guitarists
Bands
TV Shows
Films
Cars
I'll wait for a couple more ideas, and then we can make a consensus decision. I'm leaning towards Bands or TV Shows at the moment, despite the polarisation. Cars is a bit obvious, since it'll either be a Lambo, Ferarri, Porsche or the Veyron.

Chazlene
19th February 2010, 01:54 PM
I have some suggestions, umm.. perfume brands and... fruit.

Isphera
19th February 2010, 02:06 PM
Can't imagine perfume being a popular one, and fruit is going to be apple vs. banana.

Colonel Mitch
19th February 2010, 04:04 PM
How about cars with a twist.

Something like no cars worth over £25k new and no cars newer than 2000?

D_K_Head
19th February 2010, 04:43 PM
Can't imagine perfume being a popular one, and fruit is going to be apple vs. banana.

pomegranate and watermelon, bitches.

Calneon
19th February 2010, 04:47 PM
Kiwi fruit.

Target
20th February 2010, 02:45 AM
Favourite chocolate bar!
Best / Funniest youtube video (could be a bit large but meh)

ez64
20th February 2010, 02:52 AM
How about cars with a twist.

Something like no cars worth over £25k new and no cars newer than 2000?

Too big under 5k and no newer than 2000 would still have silly amounts of amazing cars.

But with the under 25k one I can already see doves coming over a hill and a certain estate :D

Colonel Mitch
20th February 2010, 02:54 AM
Too big under 5k and no newer than 2000 would still have silly amounts of amazing cars.

But with the under 25k one I can already see doves coming over a hill and a certain estate :D

lulz giles

25k new isnt too high