PDA

View Full Version : i39.5/i40 Summer Plan

Isphera
25th February 2010, 02:41 PM
Normally this is a bit earlier than we do this, but I've just noticed a problem with the dates which means we need to sort shit out now.

The dates for i40 are the bank holiday weekend of August (27th to 30th), which also happens to be the same weekend as Reading and Leeds Festivals, which I know some people here go to, myself included (I've actually already have presale, so bar a shit lineup and selling the tickets, i40 is no-go for me). It will be at Newbury across the whole site.

Multiplay have also announced they are doing a 500-person lan in June (18th-21st), also at newbury, but only on one or two floors of one of the buildings. Other than the size and when, I can't find any more details on the site, but judging by it's nickname of i39.5, I'm guessing it's a scaled down version of an i-Lan. Quote from wizzo on i39.5:

Plan is a "large StratLAN" with 400-500 seats, no prize winning tournaments and more organised fun gaming.

This eliminates the Reading problem, but may be unviable for others (those doing exams spring to mind).

I just wanna gauge availability now for either so we know what we will be doing when tickets for the June event go on sale. Post and vote up top.

EDIT - It's worth adding that I'm not trying to say we should only do one. Rather, I'm trying to see the possible amount of people going to each one and since the June one is only 500, its likely to sell quicker and thus we need to be organised now.

ez64
25th February 2010, 02:45 PM
Can probably do both but would need to check nearer the dates to be 100%

Vicious Horizon
25th February 2010, 04:26 PM
Could possibly do both, if I was willing to spend moar money..

i40 is a deffo, though it's a bit annoying with the fests aint it.

Colonel Mitch
25th February 2010, 04:38 PM
Definitely up for both myself.

Isphera
25th February 2010, 04:56 PM
I'm 99% deffo going to i39.5, since that seems to be my only chance to meet up with you guys this year unless i41 becomes possible. BTW - if you did go, Piers - can I crash in your tent, since I'll drive up and that will be in a MINI.

ez64
25th February 2010, 05:12 PM
Good mini or german mini?

Isphera
25th February 2010, 05:14 PM
The newer one, and assuming I pass my test on the 16th March.

VoX
25th February 2010, 06:35 PM
Hmm, will have to check dates for i39.5, doubtful I'll do both though as it's a lot of cash. Would rather i40 to be honest but would be mega suck with people missing :(.

Isphera
25th February 2010, 06:52 PM
I've put the dates in the poll itself and in my post.

/sigh

D_K_Head
25th February 2010, 07:07 PM
heh, a mini? that seems humorous for some reason.

And probably i40 for me, depends on who'll be there

Isphera
25th February 2010, 07:18 PM
Why not i39.5? And the newer mini's are surprisingly spacious. Sound system is awesome for blasting some Chevelle out too :D

ez64
25th February 2010, 07:26 PM
A actual chevelle would be better :D

http://forum.avtoindex.com/foto/data/media/27/chevrolet_chevelle_ss_2.jpg

Isphera
25th February 2010, 07:31 PM
Anything with that Chevrolet badge on it :D I'd love to get a Camaro or something like that if I lived in the US.

ez64
25th February 2010, 07:33 PM
Driving a rwd V8 car atm it's pretty awesome :)

Colonel Mitch
25th February 2010, 07:51 PM
I'm 99% deffo going to i39.5, since that seems to be my only chance to meet up with you guys this year unless i41 becomes possible. BTW - if you did go, Piers - can I crash in your tent, since I'll drive up and that will be in a MINI.

Good mini or german mini?

Theyre both god awful unless u replace 95% of the parts ;)

Chazlene
25th February 2010, 08:42 PM
I doubt I'd pay for both events, so if anyone from ATK went to i39.5 then I'd go as a spectator for a day and I'll most likely go to i40.

Isphera
25th February 2010, 08:45 PM
As of yet, we don't seem to have anyone that can only do i40. If that remains the case, we would be better off focusing on i39.5, since some deffo cant make i40.

Colonel Mitch
25th February 2010, 10:07 PM
As of yet, we don't seem to have anyone that can only do i40. If that remains the case, we would be better off focusing on i39.5, since some deffo cant make i40.

not for me. i have several other friends going to i40.

Isphera
25th February 2010, 10:08 PM
Get them to wanna come to i39.5 then :D

Colonel Mitch
25th February 2010, 10:47 PM
Get them to wanna come to i39.5 then :D

They mostly have friends / clans going to i40. and the others wont want to go to the small one instead

Chalex4
26th February 2010, 12:19 AM
I doubt I'd pay for both events, so if anyone from ATK went to i39.5 then I'd go as a spectator for a day and I'll most likely go to i40.

I'm the same. I'll happily visit both, but I'll only be BYOC at one. The only possible reason that I MAY not be able to do either as BYOC would be if my sponsorship deal with Jaguar Land Rover gets accepted :D.

Colonel Mitch
26th February 2010, 12:47 AM
I'm the same. I'll happily visit both, but I'll only be BYOC at one. The only possible reason that I MAY not be able to do either as BYOC would be if my sponsorship deal with Jaguar Land Rover gets accepted :D.

?? what sponsorship deal??

ez64
26th February 2010, 01:41 AM
sense of humor == null

Chalex4
26th February 2010, 01:48 AM
Jaguar Land Rover sponsor a few people from my department at uni each year, I'm hoping I'll be one of those lucky people! I would be working all summer, every summer though.

Either way, I'll at least be a spec at both the LANs!

Colonel Mitch
26th February 2010, 02:46 AM
sense of humor == null

I thought he was joking but its pretty unlike chalex, and apart from the :D that he'd normally use there was no indication of jokerism.

Jaguar Land Rover sponsor a few people from my department at uni each year, I'm hoping I'll be one of those lucky people! I would be working all summer, every summer though.

Either way, I'll at least be a spec at both the LANs!

Target
26th February 2010, 03:13 AM
I can do both but depending on whether I'm working / have the money...but prob rather just do i40

Vicious Horizon
26th February 2010, 08:43 AM
I would rather i40 tbh, I may have a few friends going to it at least.

It all depends on the prices tbh, if 39.5 is 50% the price (or, with the number of people it should really be 25%) I'll think about both.

(If I don't have any exams during it, that is.)

Isphera
26th February 2010, 09:55 AM
I suppose I should spell it in plain terms my (slightly selfish) reason for doing this - I can only go to i39.5, and I'm a bit pissed at the date they for i40, because if I can't go to either, it means I haven't met up with any of you guys for two years (bar Piers, since we are meeting at Prodigy in July). I'd love to meet as many of you guys as possible, but thinking of feasibility, I'd only go to i39.5 if some of you guys came as well. I know funding is tight and not everyone will go to both since they have friends going to i40 - but please don't leave me out.....I need a hug :(

Target
26th February 2010, 01:37 PM
Well Oric maybe you should sack reading and come i40 :D, you could prob sell the tickets for a profit

Isphera
26th February 2010, 01:39 PM
Yes, I could sell for a massive profit, but I would be a massive hypocrite if I did and unfortunatly Reading > i40, no matter how awesome i40 is, because to me, music > gaming.

Tickets for i39.5 will likely be straight after i39, so can you guys make your minds up soon, so I can decide whether it's worth going or not?

Target
26th February 2010, 01:44 PM
Just like you + life = fail
:D

Colonel Mitch
26th February 2010, 01:44 PM
Yes, I could sell for a massive profit, but I would be a massive hypocrite if I did and unfortunatly Reading > i40, no matter how awesome i40 is, because to me, music > gaming.

Oric >= Noob

Isphera
26th February 2010, 01:47 PM
Oric is greater than or equal to a noob? I agree with the greater than assessment.

Colonel Mitch
26th February 2010, 02:06 PM
Oric is greater than or equal to a noob? I agree with the greater than assessment.

Greater than as in more noobie than a

Isphera
26th February 2010, 02:09 PM
Then I disagree :D

I don't actually see why people seem to object so much to i39.5 over i40. Most of you have said you can do both, and they will pretty much be the same except on the number of participants and no exibitors or cash/prize competitions (which none of us look at/enter anyway). They're aiming it to focus on the gamers and improving the links between them to make it more social. The pub quiz will still happen. Hell, if they host it where I think they are at Newbury, the bar is in the middle of the hall.

That's all you lose out on though: exibitors, prize competitions and 1500 strangers who you have no interest in meeting/slapping/hooking up with (delete as applicable)

Colonel Mitch
26th February 2010, 03:07 PM
Then I disagree :D

I don't actually see why people seem to object so much to i39.5 over i40. Most of you have said you can do both, and they will pretty much be the same except on the number of participants and no exibitors or cash/prize competitions (which none of us look at/enter anyway). They're aiming it to focus on the gamers and improving the links between them to make it more social. The pub quiz will still happen. Hell, if they host it where I think they are at Newbury, the bar is in the middle of the hall.

That's all you lose out on though: exibitors, prize competitions and 1500 strangers who you have no interest in meeting/slapping/hooking up with (delete as applicable)

I wasnt objecting. you were telling me to drag my other friends along which they wont do and i was explaining.

Isphera
26th February 2010, 03:32 PM
It wasn't overtly objected to you saying that, because your open to attending both anyway. It was more directed at those who don't wanna change and don't really have a good reason to discount i39.5.

Vicious Horizon
26th February 2010, 04:56 PM
[USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST]

Can't we all just get along?

Bloo
26th February 2010, 05:06 PM

That would go against the very nature of ATK.

Trigger
26th February 2010, 05:06 PM

Wut?

Ill have to check dates, but i wouldnt go to both on the top of my head. If i had to lay a preference i would rather go to I40, but if it meant going with everyone then id do the one before

But as i said i gotta check dates

D_K_Head
27th February 2010, 03:36 AM
i'd rather go to the full thing to be honest... more comps and fun shit to provide breaks for the long hours cultivating a very stiff arse on the wooden chairs in total darkness, shooting at people within shouting range.

Maybe that's just me though.

Target
27th February 2010, 05:45 AM
Have to agree with DK just doesn't seem right not going to the full thing :S I think it would lack the atmosphere of the full i-series