PDA

View Full Version : The 2010 Official ATK Best Band Poll Series - Open Discussion

Isphera
26th February 2010, 01:57 PM
Please put all discussion regarding the BBPS in here.

D_K_Head
26th February 2010, 02:18 PM
nomination rules are very simple:

Rick astley is banned.

So nominate away!

noooooooooooooo

POST MOVED - There is an open discussion thread for a reason.

ez64
26th February 2010, 05:50 PM
Calvin Harris

-_- ...

Target
26th February 2010, 06:09 PM
no Ez u meant :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) FACE

Jay Z
Wierd Al
Eminem
Sub Focus

ez64
26th February 2010, 06:12 PM
No really I didn't I know everyones entitled to their own opinion but come on...

Colonel Mitch
26th February 2010, 06:35 PM
No really I didn't I know everyones entitled to their own opinion but come on...

whats wrong with calvin harris?
he makes good music.

Colonel Mitch
26th February 2010, 06:37 PM
no Ez u meant :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) FACE

Jay Z
Wierd Al
Eminem
Sub Focus

Sub Focus - Could this be Real or Rock it would be good nominations :)

ez64
26th February 2010, 07:02 PM
whats wrong with calvin harris?
he makes good music.

He makes pop music for 15 year old girls player at under 16 nights at winkers....

Greatest of all time mitch theres so much choice its mind boggling before I would get down the list that far.

3rd choice is the animals as the clash are already taken still working on the 4th.

Throw up between GnR and Nirvana atm but could do with someone like the temptations. ZZ top could be a good wild card as well and surprised oasis/beatles haven't reared their heads yet.

Colonel Mitch
26th February 2010, 07:10 PM
He makes pop music for 15 year old girls player at under 16 nights at winkers....

Greatest of all time mitch theres so much choice its mind boggling before I would get down the list that far.

3rd choice is the animals as the clash are already taken still working on the 4th.

Throw up between GnR and Nirvana atm but could do with someone like the temptations. ZZ top could be a good wild card as well and surprised oasis/beatles haven't reared their heads yet.

I dont go to many 15 year old girls parties so i wouldnt know gilez ;)

I do know hes regularly played in my car and occasionally on the radio. and i like his music - hence the nomination :)

Isphera
26th February 2010, 07:31 PM
I just moved about 10 posts out of the nom thread to here for the very same reason;

7. Please help me keep this thread clean, and put ALL conversation in the open discussion thread.

Please follow this and make it easier for me to write up the nominations.

ez64
26th February 2010, 09:21 PM
Maybe an idea to collect all the songs linked and keep them in a thread or list just for keeping some awesome songs in one place that we might forget.

Happens so frequently with me, listened to an awesome song too much so didn't listen to it for a long time then it crops up on the radio/mate playing it.

btw might have missed it my 3rd nomination was the animals, still working on the 4th (depending on what others take)

Isphera
26th February 2010, 09:33 PM
I'll be keeping a record of everything in the nomination thread, I'm going to go through it now, then link up youtube vids.

ez64
26th February 2010, 09:35 PM
ty :)

Isphera
26th February 2010, 09:43 PM
I'm the poll master for a reason :D I need a coloured name :P

Isphera
26th February 2010, 10:47 PM
Just finished adding videos to all the nominations, and listening through, damn have I been sheltered from some great music. If anything, I hope ths gets people to actually listen through music they don't often look at or have shunned in the past (Bloc Party, Rammstein and Jay-Z spring to mind for me)

ez64
26th February 2010, 10:51 PM
I'm the poll master for a reason :D I need a coloured name :P

Somebody give oric "The Pole Master" Title :D

Isphera
26th February 2010, 11:03 PM
That as well :D

VoX
27th February 2010, 12:53 AM
Somebody give oric "The Pole Master" Title :D

Only Chalex can, although Oric has "Custom user title" ticked so he can do it himself haha.

Isphera
27th February 2010, 01:03 AM
I know that, I want a colourful name though ;D

EDIT - Can't find option to change user title :S

Isphera
9th March 2010, 10:09 AM
Matchups for round one have been posted up. I can't complain too much because at least two of mine are going through. Got lucky by getting Chevelle through with a bye, but unlucky in that Breaking Benjamin and Three Days Grace face-off against each other ;S. My final nom, Fair To Midland (last minute switch out), gets Madness, and it should be interesting as to who wins, because you never can predict what happens.

Marshy
9th March 2010, 11:35 AM
can i have Russian music in this poll if so this - Music (http://trololololololololololo.com/)

also how long has this been going? i remember seeing something about it like a year ago

Isphera
9th March 2010, 11:58 AM
I started the nomination thread on the 26th of Feb and only locked it Saturday, and it was quite a bit more active than the DWPS nominations. I don't recall anything like this in the past year or so.

VoX
9th March 2010, 08:01 PM
First round looks good and looking at the match-ups there's quite a few good ones in their that are hard choices!

D_K_Head
9th March 2010, 09:00 PM
My noms are simple. They are either there for fun (Madness) for pure internet appeal (JoCo) or for badass guitarness (Slater, Buckethead, Floyd)

Isphera
10th March 2010, 09:26 AM
Whilst I can't force you to, I would prefer it if you listened to at least three songs of each artist before voting. Someone on here said one song get you the full flavour of the band, and they are absolutly right. Three won't get you the full picture either, but you getting pretty close with three.

Vicious Horizon
13th March 2010, 11:40 AM
Hmm, why are all my bands up against really solid competition? I'll post songs that I want my bands to be represented with when the threads go up.