PDA

View Full Version : WoW from noob to win?

Isphera
3rd March 2010, 05:04 PM
Just a quick question to everyone out there - would anyone be interested in creating a bunch of chars to level up together and do it in a way that we could do instances together. If your interested, post below.

I'll be renewing WoW in the next week or so, and would love to either do melee DPS or heal.

Trigger
3rd March 2010, 05:29 PM
In all honesty i would really like to do it, but i am too much of a compulsive gamer and so am quite scared what it would do with my social life and work ethic which is pretty poor allready.

I could try a months subscription, but in the same breath ive only got a month left of this term.

Hmmm, ill think some more on it, really doesnt help that Sams playing it now as well lol

Mr.Big
3rd March 2010, 08:27 PM
GO PLAY WOW
GO PLAY WOW
GO PLAY WOW
GO PLAY WOW
GO PLAY WOW
GO PLAY WOW
GO PLAY WOW

I love WoW, and want to bone my chars.

Colonel Mitch
3rd March 2010, 09:11 PM
Just a quick question to everyone out there - would anyone be interested in creating a bunch of chars to level up together and do it in a way that we could do instances together. If your interested, post below.

I'll be renewing WoW in the next week or so, and would love to either do melee DPS or heal.

how are you going to heal??

Isphera
3rd March 2010, 10:00 PM
As a priest ofc.

Colonel Mitch
3rd March 2010, 11:32 PM
As a priest ofc.

@ oric me n freddie jsut created new chars on a new server like 3 days ago...

Calneon
4th March 2010, 12:06 AM
I subbed but im playing my main, level 78 warrior at the moment which I already have in a raiding guild. I'd reroll on another server if you wanted though, providing it was pvp and horde. To this day I don't know why I made my original character an alliance on pve.

Colonel Mitch
4th March 2010, 12:19 AM
I subbed but im playing my main, level 78 warrior at the moment which I already have in a raiding guild. I'd reroll on another server if you wanted though, providing it was pvp and horde. To this day I don't know why I made my original character an alliance on pve.

pvp yes horde no

Target
4th March 2010, 01:23 AM
I may re-new wow for sommer prob play hunter or dk but we'll see

Calneon
4th March 2010, 01:41 AM
pvp yes horde no
Not joining you then.

Isphera
4th March 2010, 11:17 AM
Not joining you then.

Then you are fail.

Calneon
4th March 2010, 11:25 AM
Then you are fail.
Alliance noob.

Isphera
4th March 2010, 11:30 AM
Alliance noob.

This is what I don't get. Why does everyone think everyone think that the Alliance are all 12 year old squeaker noobs? Just stay away from N.Elf Females and Gnomes and you should be fine.

Bloo
4th March 2010, 11:35 AM
I might consider doing this (though I'll probably just use the trial then buy if it succeeds) but like Phant would prefer the Horde, it's just a style choice - I like the Horde more.

That said, probably won't get it anyway, patching WoW, even on my uni account would be a boring long process.

Isphera
4th March 2010, 11:48 AM
We can always do a group of each faction?

Calneon
4th March 2010, 01:43 PM
We can always do a group of each faction?
Why don't you like Horde? I've leveled a few characters to level 60+ on alliance and I want to have a high level horde character. Orcs just look ace with a fuck-off huge axe. AFAIK, your previous characters were alliance so why not have a change?

Trigger
4th March 2010, 01:52 PM
Ive Decided im up for it, decide what you want then ill join in.

Though if all goes to plan i should be terribly underlevelled compared to the rest of you :p

Isphera
4th March 2010, 01:56 PM
@ Phantom - I dunno what it is, but I just prefer playing Alliance to Horde. As to why, I can't mentally figure it out. It's one of those things which defies logic. I have played Horde before, but just prefer playing alliance.

The one thing that springs to mind is that I found the Horde starting areas boring as hell and empty, bar Tirisfal Glades and Silverpine Forest for the Undead (the Horde race I would be willing to play), whereas the only alliance area I dislike is the Draenai areas. I absolutly adore the Human and N.Elf starting areas and have done them so many times, I've lost count.

@ Trig - We need to decide what's happening first, cause Piers and Fred have just started, and I get a feeling there not too keen on coming back on it. I'm willing to do anything bar Range DPS (as fun as being a Lock is, don't wanna do the same thing again), and would love to either heal or tank. The idea would be to get a group of five in an instance type group i.e. One tank, one healer, three DPS - so we could level together, then do the instance quests together.

Like I say, I could heal or tank. I'd prefer healer, but I'm not too fixed on either, so I can fit around what you guys wanna do.

I'm not sure I'd want to do it on The Maelstrom either. PvP server is a must, but it would be interesting to have a fresh server with no alts to play Sugar Daddy (or Mamma in my case).

Trigger
4th March 2010, 02:51 PM
Id be wiling to fill whatever gap is needed in terms of class and as mentioned i dont care which side/server/character

Colonel Mitch
4th March 2010, 04:28 PM
Why don't you like Horde? I've leveled a few characters to level 60+ on alliance and I want to have a high level horde character. Orcs just look ace with a fuck-off huge axe. AFAIK, your previous characters were alliance so why not have a change?

I dont liek playing as a bull / troll etc. blood elf is the only 1 i dont hate for what it is, and they look horribly gay otherwise....

also dotn liek the horde areas as theyre generally much less colourful and sut bland

Isphera
4th March 2010, 04:34 PM
What level are you and Fred atm Piers?

Colonel Mitch
4th March 2010, 05:28 PM
What level are you and Fred atm Piers?

like 5 xD

Isphera
4th March 2010, 06:34 PM
Then what's so bad about waiting. What race, classes and server you guys on?

Calneon
4th March 2010, 06:39 PM
The one thing that springs to mind is that I found the Horde starting areas boring as hell and empty, bar Tirisfal Glades and Silverpine Forest for the Undead (the Horde race I would be willing to play), whereas the only alliance area I dislike is the Draenai areas. I absolutly adore the Human and N.Elf starting areas and have done them so many times, I've lost count.

I agree with that, human and dwarf areas are much better than horde, but i'd rather be a bit bored at the start and have a char i like at level 80.

I have a tank at the moment and I wouldn't mind making another, but i wouldn't mind healing either. DPS doesn't really have much appeal for me, i like the responsibility that comes with healing or tanking.

Target
4th March 2010, 10:16 PM
I has undead mage and tbh its no more funplayin horde than alliance until it comes to pvp and u get lol raped :S

Vicious Horizon
5th March 2010, 11:53 AM
we love playing wow

the noob remix!

Calneon
5th March 2010, 01:31 PM
we love playing wow

vh loves men

Vicious Horizon
5th March 2010, 01:42 PM
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Isphera
5th March 2010, 04:07 PM
Getting back on-topic, the people that are or could possibly be interested in this are:

Oricalcos - Healer/Tank/Melee DPS (Pala?)
Fred
Piers
Phantom - Healer/Tank
Trigger (maybe)
Bloo (maybe)

Need to decide on class, faction and race.

Bloo
5th March 2010, 04:41 PM
If I do play, I'd prefer to be a healer. If not, uhmm, stealth-dickery I guess.

Marshy
5th March 2010, 05:57 PM
Hm, can i tag along? I would prefer horde but really don't mind only want horde as i have a full kitted out warrior with levelling gear that still level 1 haha

Trigger
5th March 2010, 06:44 PM
I said im 100% up for it, when you decide all the little bits ill buy it and start playing :p

Colonel Mitch
5th March 2010, 09:12 PM
How come when i posted this thread a few months ago everyone slated me =/

Also i wanna b a hunter :)

PWNBOARUS mk2 ftw tbh ;)

or perhaps PWNSABER! xD

Trigger
6th March 2010, 12:40 AM
Because Phantom now plays it again and everyone knows hes cool

Target
6th March 2010, 03:26 AM
Tell me when you get to 70 and I'll think about buy WoLK

Isphera
7th March 2010, 01:36 AM
Updated list:

SERVER: TBD PvP (one with no chars on)
SIDE: TBD

Chars (Italics means lock)
Oricalcos - Paladin (Melee DPS/Backup Heal/Backup Tank)
Fred
Piers - Hunter (Range DPS)
Phantom - Healer/Tank
Trigger - Filler
Bloo (maybe) - Healer/Rogue
Marshy (maybe)

Need to sort out who will tank + who is healing (looking at Phant and Fred to sort out first) and one more DPS, but since we have more than 5, we could afford to have some flexibility. We also need to make a consensus pick on what faction - I'd prefer Alliance, but if we go horde, I'm stuck as a Belf, so I'm not gonna complain too much.

Trigger
7th March 2010, 01:55 AM
Isnt Tank relatively simple, just get aggro

That might be a gd class for me.

On a side note im glad that ATK is getting more active together, wow and BF2 will be an awesome combo

Marshy
7th March 2010, 02:18 AM
Lets gogo horde on magtheridon!

also I have always waned a tank so i wouldn't mind that but im up for healing aswel

(magtheridon = free boosts :p)

Chalex4
7th March 2010, 02:39 AM
wow and BF2 will be an awesome combo

You mean BC2!

Sorry, I have no other useful contribution to make to this thread :p.

Calneon
7th March 2010, 02:50 AM
Isnt Tank relatively simple, just get aggro

Lulz

If you want simple just be a DPS. One you've figured out your best spell rotation for max DPS you just cast the same things over and over again until the boss is dead.

As a tank, you generally have to handle 3+ mobs at once and keep them on you, cycling between them and using your threat abilities on them. Also, if one of them attacks your healer you gotta act fast and intercept it before it kills them.

Target
7th March 2010, 05:31 AM
Yeh dps is by far easiest tbh tank is one of the harder rolls later on in the game

Isphera
7th March 2010, 11:49 AM
(magtheridon = free boosts :p)

We won't be going on servers that we have char's on. The whole point of this is that we level and group up with each other - not rely on sugar daddies and mammas. Can people start giving me class selections rather than roles so we can start locking some stuff up.

Trigger
7th March 2010, 01:44 PM
Lulz

If you want simple just be a DPS. One you've figured out your best spell rotation for max DPS you just cast the same things over and over again until the boss is dead.

As a tank, you generally have to handle 3+ mobs at once and keep them on you, cycling between them and using your threat abilities on them. Also, if one of them attacks your healer you gotta act fast and intercept it before it kills them.

That doesnt sound too hard, by the time i get to a high level i think i should know just about what im doing.

Just trying to get the ball rolling, why dont you confirm what class you want to be then so we can see whats left :)

Calneon
7th March 2010, 02:22 PM
I'll be a priest I think, I have a druid and the only horde that could be a paladin is a blood elf and those are for pussies. Not sure what race though, kind of want to be an orc but I don't think they can be priests.

Marshy
7th March 2010, 02:50 PM
hm, i see what you did thar

Yeh i suppose but cant we go there and not get boosts? :P

Isphera
7th March 2010, 02:55 PM
Changed up. Bear in mind Phant that it isn't set in stone that we should be Horde yet, so you could have the selection of alliance races as well. And Marshy - we are going fresh server with no chars. That's settled.

On that note can peeps post up what servers and faction preferences they have characters on so we can elimainate some of them from selection. I know I only have chars on Maelstrom.

SIDE: TBD

Oricalcos - Paladin (Melee DPS/Backup Heal/Backup Tank) [Pref Alliance]
Fred - Warrior (Tank) [Pref Alliance]
Piers - Hunter (Range DPS) [Pref Alliance]
Phantom - Priest (Healer) [Pref Horde]
Trigger
Marshy - Priest (Shadow DPS) [Indifferent]

Bloo
7th March 2010, 03:15 PM
I might drop out, don't think I have the time right now, sorrys! :( I'll still join for a trial week and then if I enjoy it enough, will grab a full copy somewhere.

Marshy
7th March 2010, 04:56 PM
I'm ok with that then i dont mind alliance however my choices of spec / class are:

Warrior - Tank
Hunter
Priest - Shadow

Isphera
7th March 2010, 05:00 PM
Would you mind going Shady priest, since we already have tank and a hunter, and with Bloo dropping out, we lose a bit of our flexibility.

Bloo
7th March 2010, 05:07 PM
Would you mind going Shady priest, since we already have tank and a hunter, and with Bloo dropping out, we lose a bit of our flexibility.

Possibly dropping out. ;) I'd prefer to go rogue, but as long as I'm not a straight forward warrior-type, I'll go for any non-essential class. XD

Isphera
7th March 2010, 05:10 PM
I was talking to Marshy dude, I took you off the list :D

Marshy
7th March 2010, 05:20 PM
Yeh shadow priest is fine with me

Isphera
7th March 2010, 05:37 PM
Cool. Looking at people's preference for side, or the lack of one in some cases, are people OK to go alliance? In terms of server, I'll sort it out in a bit. I may end up going against my previous wish for a fresh server, but I will have to see.

Bloo
7th March 2010, 05:48 PM
I was talking to Marshy dude, I took you off the list :D

Yeah I knew that, what I meant was, I'd like to at least try to play and stay with it, but if I don't, whatever class is less important is the one I'll play just you guys aren't getting screwed over.

Isphera
7th March 2010, 05:57 PM
Ah, cool cool. I'll add you back on then :D

Updated list:

SIDE: Alliance

Oricalcos - Paladin (Melee DPS/Off Heal-Tank)
Fred - Warrior (Tank)
Piers - Hunter (Range DPS)
Phantom - Priest (Healer)
Trigger
Marshy - Priest (Shadow DPS)
Bloo - Rogue (Melee DPS)

Target
7th March 2010, 06:33 PM
I'd play Shammy, prob won;t start at the same time as u guys but sure i can catch up :D

Isphera
7th March 2010, 07:02 PM
Cool cool. Added to the list - along with the chosen races of peeps now. I've decided to backtrack on what I said about fresh servers before hand, because the main fun of this will be at high level instances, so we will be rolling on THE MAELSTROM PVP, since it is the server where we have the most top mains in the community (myself, Piers, Chris and Fred (who has several).

These mains will not boost through instances, rather provide support monetarily if we need it, for things like skills and professions. On that note, I won't start imposing limits on professions, since it's each to his own, but if you make a decision, let us know so I can post it up.

I'll set a guild up called 'The ATK Community' in-game ASAP, you guys can sign the charter when you start up.

Trig - You can still choose whatever you want, but I would recommend you go either Mage or Warlock.

SERVER: The Maelstrom PVP

Chars
Oricalcos - Human Paladin [Char Name: Alurisa] (Melee DPS/Off Heal-Tank)
CILLIT BANG - Human Warrior [Char Name: Umeria] (Tank)
Col. Mitch - TBC Hunter [Char Name: TBC] (Range DPS)
Phantom - TBC Priest [Char Name: TBC] (Healer)
Trigger - TBC TBC [Char Name: TBC] (TBC)
Marshy - TBC Priest [Char Name: TBC] (Spellcaster DPS)
Bloo - TBC Rogue [Char Name: TBC] (Melee DPS)
Target - Draenai Shaman [Char Name: TBC] (TBC) [Late Starter]

Marshy
7th March 2010, 07:48 PM
i assume your not using levelling gear

Calneon
7th March 2010, 08:00 PM
Call the guild Aim To Kill.

Isphera
7th March 2010, 08:30 PM
@Marshy - I have no leveling gear, so thusly won't be using it. I can't vouch for the others, they will have to answer that themselves.

@Phant - Good idea, sounds better as a guild name.

Target
7th March 2010, 08:34 PM
Yeh lets no use leveling gear very lame...just wondering what where going to do about starting areas and how where going to get around..like we can use oric to summon everyone but then they won;t get race quest or as my shammy i wont have a trainer or be able to get my totems :s

And Trig a mage would be really really useful, but it totally upto u

Calneon
7th March 2010, 08:41 PM
Just quest on your own to level ~20, only takes like 10 hours.

Isphera
7th March 2010, 08:43 PM
Good idea. After that, all move to Darkshire??

In terms of starting, me and Fred are gonna do a very small bit tonight, but I can hold off if you guys don't wanna get going untl we are all ready.

Calneon
7th March 2010, 09:02 PM
Darkshire is one of my favourite regions in the game, sounds good.

Trigger
7th March 2010, 09:03 PM
Well ill buy it and download tonight, then will be on tomorrow afternoon and then of course whenever.

Ive done a trial as a warlock, but i can mage if thats better. Idn if you dont tell me ill just get whichever suits my fancy tomorrow

Isphera
7th March 2010, 09:06 PM
I'd rather let you choose than force you towards one, since it won't be as fun if you have an unenjoyable class. Either will be useful in groups (Mage is the raid vending machine and mana buff, Warlock is Soulstone and Healthstone provider)

Target
7th March 2010, 09:27 PM
Hate darkshire and stranglethorn and love tanaris tho favourite area

Calneon
8th March 2010, 02:37 AM
Trigger now officially plays wow!

http://imgur.com/zOvRL.jpg

Target
8th March 2010, 02:46 AM
lol at Triggers account name :S

Isphera
8th March 2010, 10:05 AM
Darkshire is one of my favourite regions in the game, sounds good.

Odd, since it's an Alliance-only quest zone, and I thought you disliked playing Alliance :D It is an awesome zone. STV just pisses me off though, but since you get mounts at 20 now, it should alleviate many of my problems with it.

Should have put 'the Third' at the end of Trig's name as well :D.

In terms of when to start, me and Fred did a bit on it last night. He is at 9 and I'm at 7, so feel free to start whenever you like. When you do, post the name of your characters up so we can keep a directory. I've set up the guild thanks to several SW randomers, so when you log in, me or Fred can invite you to the guild.

EDIT - Quick aside, I may end up trying to power ahead of you guys at the end of the month, since I go away for a majority of April to the States. But I'll decide what to do when I come to it.

Trigger
8th March 2010, 12:22 PM
Shhh you guys, Gonna get some work done till about 1 then ill be on it.

Ill post up what my in game name is and it would be cool if everyone else did the same

Well i bought a months subscription, u got any of the bonuses Phant?

Calneon
8th March 2010, 12:56 PM
Odd, since it's an Alliance-only quest zone, and I thought you disliked playing Alliance :D It is an awesome zone. STV just pisses me off though, but since you get mounts at 20 now, it should alleviate many of my problems with it.

Should have put 'the Third' at the end of Trig's name as well :D.

In terms of when to start, me and Fred did a bit on it last night. He is at 9 and I'm at 7, so feel free to start whenever you like. When you do, post the name of your characters up so we can keep a directory. I've set up the guild thanks to several SW randomers, so when you log in, me or Fred can invite you to the guild.

EDIT - Quick aside, I may end up trying to power ahead of you guys at the end of the month, since I go away for a majority of April to the States. But I'll decide what to do when I come to it.
I wanna be horde because I don't have a high level horde character, I still prefer the lower level alliance areas.

Another thing I realised, somebody could just make a death knight if they're falling behind.

Isphera
8th March 2010, 01:45 PM
They would have to be really lagging behind to have to create a DK :D

Trigger
8th March 2010, 01:59 PM
K done, created human mage: name Eisenhorns
Refused to be any type of midget

let the grinding begin

Isphera
8th March 2010, 02:37 PM
Yes indeed, grind away :D

Updated list:

SERVER: The Maelstrom PVP

Chars
Oricalcos - Human Paladin [Char Name: Alurisa] (Melee DPS/Off Heal-Tank)
CILLIT BANG - Human Warrior [Char Name: Umeria] (Tank)
Col. Mitch - TBC Hunter [Char Name: TBC] (Range DPS)
Phantom - Gnome Priest [Char Name: Gnomestew] (Healer)
Trigger - Human Mage [Char Name: Eisenhorns] (Spellcaster DPS)
Marshy - TBC Priest [Char Name: TBC] (Spellcaster DPS)
Bloo - TBC Rogue [Char Name: TBC] (Melee DPS)
Target - Draenai Shaman [Char Name: TBC] (TBC) [Late Starter]

Calneon
8th March 2010, 02:57 PM
I'm called Gnomestew.

Deri
9th March 2010, 08:06 PM
Dragonmaw, 80 Pala, Deripsni
Horde Alt, Bumbaclaart.

Calneon
18th March 2010, 02:01 AM
Guys, because i'm on my warrior a lot I don't have enough time to level up a new character from 0. Instead, I'm going to make a Death Knight which starts at level 55 and hopefully it will be 80 the same time you are. I can also help you guys out if you ever need it.