PDA

View Full Version : ATK Battlefield: BC2 Server Details!

Chalex4
4th March 2010, 02:25 AM
http://www.atkcommunity.com/banners/news/servers.png

I went ahead and bought a Bad Company 2 server for 3 months!! Enjoy it guys :D.

Server Name: ATKCommunity.com :: UK RUSH
Server IP: 85.236.102.5:20267 (add to your favourites!)
Slots: 32

Ranked: Yes
Game Mode: Rush
Time limit: 35 minutes
Server Description: Join ATK at http://www.atkcommunity.com/ !
Maps in rotation: All RUSH levels excluding Nelson Bay

We also need a game banner, which is shown when someone joins the server. It should include the ATK skull, our name, URL and look snazzy!
Dimensions are 512x64. Could Chazlene, Vox or Phantom help out here?

Details such as the map list and game mode may be changed when we find out which we prefer. I just set it to conquest as we haven't played it yet.

How do I add the server to my favourites:
If clicking the dropdown arrow next to the server and clicking "Add to Favourites" doesn't work, try the following:

Navigate to your "GameSettings.ini" file (Documents > BFBC2)
Create a backup of it (just in case)
Change the "FavoriteGames=Empty" in "GameSettings.ini" to the following:

FavoriteGames=4052483816,2b3fb849-aaf5-4aa7-bda3-7db6c0c9ccf3,ATKCommunity.com :: UK RUSH;
You're done!

http://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/85.236.102.5:20267/b_560x95.png (http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/85.236.102.5:20267/)

What else? Well, we now also have a 32 slot Mumble server!!

Server Name: ATKCommunity.com MUMBLE Server
Server IP: 85.236.100.59:4087

Grab Mumble here (http://mumble.sourceforge.net/).

Mr.Big
4th March 2010, 08:43 AM
sexeh

Colonel Mitch
4th March 2010, 10:39 AM
Mumble is win but cant see myself buying BC2 any time soon. Speak to you on there :)

Isphera
4th March 2010, 10:52 AM
Never tried Mumble, will be interesting to see what it's like.

D_K_Head
4th March 2010, 11:00 AM
Mumble is like teamspeak, but with a few more options...

Does BC2 have positional sound in mumble? That's always been an awesome feature of PR.

Trigger
4th March 2010, 01:48 PM
Mumble ftw, you guys might actually see me around more then

Isphera
4th March 2010, 02:05 PM
I don't really see the difference in all the chat programs - they all seem to use the same codecs and have the same functionality, so what's so different between TS and mumble?

Chalex4
4th March 2010, 02:57 PM
My copy of BC2 has arrived!! A day early too :D. Installing....

Mr.Big
4th March 2010, 03:22 PM
we shall see how things go tomorrow, but tbh i think we need to up the round timer

Trigger
4th March 2010, 03:38 PM
Whats the port for the mumble?

Colonel Mitch
4th March 2010, 04:26 PM
I don't really see the difference in all the chat programs - they all seem to use the same codecs and have the same functionality, so what's so different between TS and mumble?

Mumble has better sound quailty than ts2 and less delay between speaking.

Isphera
4th March 2010, 04:30 PM
fair enough - I'll give it a go when I can.

D_K_Head
4th March 2010, 04:53 PM
...it also has positional sound in some games, which sound include bad company 2 (I say SHOULD because every PC battlefield has had it so far... shit may change.)

It may sound like a gimmik, but PA allows for much more fluid gameplay... it allows everyone to talk with everyone without everyone getting spammed. Hard to explain, but it's fun.

Isphera
4th March 2010, 05:10 PM
If I'm honest, I'm a tad skeptical and a bit confused as to why you would want PA, but without trying it, I won't comment on it's quality or implementation.

Chalex4
4th March 2010, 05:12 PM
Whats the port for the mumble?

It's 4087.

That's what I meant by 85.236.100.59:4087 above.

D_K_Head
4th March 2010, 05:20 PM
If I'm honest, I'm a tad skeptical and a bit confused as to why you would want PA, but without trying it, I won't comment on it's quality or implementation.

You'll understand when you pass a squad arguing about something inane, or a chopper flies above you blasting AC/DC.

Or when you actually hear people asking you for medkits, and vice versa. It's really REALLY immersive.

VoX
4th March 2010, 05:28 PM
Interesting, have some cash to spend on a game and can't decide between this and Assasins Creed 2, to hard to choose! Haha.

ez64
4th March 2010, 07:16 PM
You'll understand when you pass a squad arguing about something inane, or a chopper flies above you blasting AC/DC.

I would buy the game just for that.

D_K_Head
4th March 2010, 08:25 PM

Got battlefield 2? Download project reality and play on the mumble servers. I'm not joking around, that shit happens.

Calneon
4th March 2010, 08:28 PM
Does that mean you're going to buy it?

Chalex4
4th March 2010, 11:04 PM
How do I add the server to my favourites:
If clicking the dropdown arrow next to the server and clicking "Add to Favourites" doesn't work, try the following:

Navigate to your "GameSettings.ini" file (Documents > BFBC2)
Create a backup of it (just in case)
Change the "FavoriteGames=Empty" in "GameSettings.ini" to the following:

FavoriteGames=4052483816,2b3fb849-aaf5-4aa7-bda3-7db6c0c9ccf3,ATKCommunity.com :: UK RUSH;
You're done!

Target
4th March 2010, 11:30 PM
Will buy it when I build my pc in late May/June if you guys rate it and still play it by then :P
@Oric Ts2 is soo bad now, even Vent is a lot better and mumble is meant to be pretty good but ain't tried it yet

Chalex4
4th March 2010, 11:50 PM
Nice one Target. Also, who else thinks that we should have a Rush server rather than Conquest?

I certainly prefer Rush.

Calneon
5th March 2010, 01:19 AM
I've been playing a conquest server solidly for the last few hours. I like it because I like to sneak behind enemy lines and knife everyone, and it's easier on conquest I think. I'll try out rush tomorrow.

@ VoX, don't buy from Ubicrap. They just port games onto PC and have this ridiculous DRM. Dice have proven they are dedicated to PC because they've done everything right with BC2.

Chalex4
5th March 2010, 03:33 AM
Conquest is definitely easier, but soooo much more dull and most of the time I just seem to be going around on my own. For now, I've changed the server to RUSH with a timelimit of 35 minutes.

Hopefully we'll get some people playing on there tomorrow :).

Mr.Big
5th March 2010, 08:42 AM
Maps in rotation: All RUSH levels excluding Port Valdez

hmmm, i wonder why :D

Bloo
5th March 2010, 01:32 PM
Haven't installed it yet, but take out all snow maps if they have that blue filter! :p

That said all the other maps look gorgeous.

Vicious Horizon
5th March 2010, 01:43 PM
LOL, all but Valdez, that was the one on the demo rite?

Chalex4
5th March 2010, 04:46 PM
Yeah that was the beta map. They have actually improved it for the final release, making it so you can't go on top of the mountains :p.

Chalex4
5th March 2010, 10:41 PM
I've changed it to a normal server. Hardcore was too... hard :p.

Mr.Big
5th March 2010, 10:49 PM
I've changed it to a normal server. Hardcore was too... hard :p.

yeah you goddamn pussy :D

Calneon
5th March 2010, 11:22 PM
making it so you can go on top of the mountains :p.
Fixed.

Chalex4
6th March 2010, 12:36 AM
Can't connect to EA servers arrgghhh :(.

Calneon
6th March 2010, 01:08 AM
Will be back up tomorrow morning. They're fixing shit. On release day no less lol.

Target
6th March 2010, 03:35 AM
@ Vox its not worth buying Ass Creed 2 its more of the same just "Mr Big" it and then buy BC2 :D

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/1148-Assassins-Creed-2

Mr.Big
6th March 2010, 04:22 AM
my sig just got bigger :D

few more years and my sig will be a whole page

Bloo
6th March 2010, 01:46 PM
@ Vox its not worth buying Ass Creed 2 its more of the same just "Mr Big" it and then buy BC2 :D

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/1148-Assassins-Creed-2

Except there are big problems with pirating and cracking the new ubisoft games because of their draconian DRM policy that seems be actually working.

Mr.Big
6th March 2010, 02:24 PM
give it a week

Chalex4
6th March 2010, 02:39 PM
We definitely need to have another BC2 session tonight. I really enjoyed it yesterday :D.

D_K_Head
6th March 2010, 03:48 PM
chalex, you noob. The server isn't ranked.

Also: What happened to our french branch?

Chalex4
6th March 2010, 04:37 PM
Dude, the server IS ranked. I got a bunch of new weapons on it. If there's a reason why you didn't get stuff, it'd be because of the connection problems everyone was having with the EA master server.

11 people are on it now, and I know others playing last night went up levels. I don't know about the frenchies :p.

Calneon
6th March 2010, 04:46 PM
I can't even log in right now.

Chalex4
6th March 2010, 04:50 PM
Same, I'm getting a "multiple sign in" error. People on the EA forums are getting the same thing.

EDIT@15:55: Just logged in!

Target
6th March 2010, 06:02 PM
you lot on mumble now ?

Chalex4
6th March 2010, 06:26 PM
Yeah we are. We've had a fun last few games :).

Not sure about the map "Levels/MP_008" though:
http://image.www.gametracker.com/images/maps/160x120/bc2/levels_mp_008.jpg
It's all snowy and annoying, I think I might remove it from the rotation later :p.

EDIT: Also, I think I'm going to add back Port Valdez, since that was actually a good map.

Calneon
6th March 2010, 08:05 PM
I can't fucking update the game, so godamn annoying.

Chalex4
6th March 2010, 08:57 PM
That sounds like a bitch Phantom. Hope it works soon.

In the meantime, check out our new servers page!
http://www.atkcommunity.com/index.php?page=servers

I'm going to remove Nelson Bay soon.

Chalex4
6th March 2010, 09:34 PM
Bad Company 2 - FAQ & Known Issues

Source
(http://support.multiplay.co.uk/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=64&nav=0,3)
Pings aren't showing in the server browser
PunkBuster filter in the server browser doesn't work
Server Name filter is case sensitive
Server list doesn't always display all server
Daemons for BC2 are not supported
Server Descriptions / MOTD isn't displayed correctly
What the the available settings for Bad Company 2 servers?
How does reserved slots work in BC2?

Pings aren't showing in the server browser
Currently pings in the server browser use ICMP echo, which is often blocked by firewalls both on machines e.g. windows firewall and on routers. If your client isn't displaying server pings check to ensure that your firewall isn't blocked.
In addition windows Vista and Windows 7 users may need to run BC2 as an administrator to enable pings to work

PunkBuster filter in the server browser doesn't work
The filter option for PunkBuster in the server browser currently doesnt work, it always returns zero results.

Server Name filter is case sensitive
If you use the server name filter to find your server be aware that it is currently case sensitive so searching for "multiplay" will not return servers with "Multiplay" in the name

Server list doesn't always display all servers
There is a known issue that is preventing all servers being listed all the time in the server browser, the workaround is to refresh the list and if this doesn't help to restart your server

Daemons for BC2 are not supported
Due to security and other general problems related to running third party Daemons we will not be supporting them. All functionality that is provided by these daemons can be achieved in standard rcon based utilities so there's no real need for them anyway

Server Descriptions / MOTD isn't displayed correctly
Currently server MOTDs set in ServerOptions.ini -> ServerDescription don't display correctly, this is a bug in the BC 2 client

How does reserved slots work in BC2?
Adding players to the reserved list in Bad Company 2 is done by adding their player names to the reservedslotslist.txt one per line. Once added please note that when the named players arent in the server the number of available slots effectively be reduced by the number of players listed. So if you have 32 player server and 10 players in reservedslotslist.txt with 4 of those named playing your server will max out at 26 players, with only the remaining 6 players listed being able to join.

--------------------------------

Because of this last point, I have stopped using the reserved slots function until it works a different way. I have also updated the server to stream bans from punkbusted.com and changed the map cycle.

Hayt
7th March 2010, 04:48 AM
Just played on your server, was fun

Then... EA servers decided to die... not so fun... :(

Mr.Big
7th March 2010, 05:38 AM
Hey man, welcome to ATK community

Chalex4
7th March 2010, 12:50 PM
Hi Hayt, glad you liked the server :).

If you have a mic come on Mumble some time and we can all play in the same squad.

Calneon
7th March 2010, 05:14 PM
Banner

http://imgur.com/79hTR.png

Marshy
7th March 2010, 05:21 PM
Banner

http://imgur.com/79hTR.png

This, i like

Chalex4
8th March 2010, 01:50 AM
http://www.atkcommunity.com/servers/bc2/bfbc2-in-game.png

Here's the final version Phantom did. It's now live on the server :D.

Thanks so much Phant!!

Target
8th March 2010, 02:49 AM
looks awesome, good job

D_K_Head
8th March 2010, 11:17 AM
teh pwnage.

VoX
13th March 2010, 02:10 PM
Server down.

Also, can we try hardcore again? I'm starting to get annoyed with the amount of bullets it takes to kill people.

Chalex4
13th March 2010, 04:22 PM
The server was down because of the following (http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/battlefield_bad_company/archive/2010/03/12/high-game-server-demand-pushes-capacity-past-150k-player-slots.aspx). It's up now.

In short, EA can't cope with the sheer amount of players, so told GSPs to shut off inactive servers after a couple of hours. Lame, I know.

As with hardcore, personally I don't like it purely because of not being able to spot people and not use the map. It only really benefits snipers imo, which there are already too many of.

D_K_Head
13th March 2010, 05:06 PM
screw hardcore, just fire in bursts. As long as you don't empty your entire clip on full auto, you'll do fine.

Bloo
13th March 2010, 05:15 PM
Plus it's a game about teamwork rather than kills. :p

Target
14th March 2010, 02:28 AM
Its like impossible to kill people on normal you have to hit them soo many times, but yes it does encourage more teamwork

D_K_Head
14th March 2010, 12:58 PM
...i'm getting so sick of this "you need to hit them thousands of times" crap.

AIM. BURST FIRE.

BC2 is NOT modern warfare 2. The weapons are a LOT less accurate. If you fire SINGLESHOT, and HIT your enemy, you will kill them in a few shots.

Once again, firing an entire clip on full auto will not work. Need proof? check the scoreboards when we play together.

Vicious Horizon
14th March 2010, 01:40 PM
Bravo DK. From what I've played, my bang duck bang duck bang duck OMGLOL seems to be more effective than clicking the fire button every millisecond

D_K_Head
14th March 2010, 01:45 PM
http://i367.photobucket.com/albums/oo113/D_K_Head/rifled.jpg

And for those of you doubters, this is the scoreboard from a game I joined halfway through.

None of those kills are grenade launcher kills, one of them is a pistol kill. The rest are pure M4 kills. The weapons work fine, it's just you're not using them right.

Vicious Horizon
14th March 2010, 01:48 PM
And that's the end of that chapter.