PDA

View Full Version : MW2 Update - new maps

Target
10th March 2010, 02:18 AM
Modern Warfare 2 Tops 25 Million Uniques, Map Pack News Incoming
Multiplayer map pack release date expected this week.

US, March 8, 2010 - Infinity Ward Community Manager Robert Bowling twittered that Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 has hit 25 million unique players online, which he says is "dominating" Call of Duty 4's numbers.

"That's 25 million unique across all platforms. Most on Xbox 360, then a close 2nd goes to PS3, will [sic] millions more on PC," Bowling wrote.

Bowling also said news regarding the anticipated first map pack is coming this week, with its release date being the first detail fans will hear. There will also be newer updates before the map pack hits.

"We'll be patching prior to DLC that will include the same matchmaking update for 360 that PS3 got, along with other updates."

There putting in some old cod4 maps and some new weapons but apparently you have to pay for this...seems pretty convenient since BC2 is doing so well, tbh this isn't really going to affect pc gamers unless they release dedi

Mr.Big
10th March 2010, 03:48 AM
teh teh, they are just trying to interest players, since BC2 just STOLE everybody

Calneon
10th March 2010, 04:02 AM
Paid DLC, didn't see this coming xD.

Isphera
10th March 2010, 09:39 AM
It's like they actually don't want us to play MW2 again :P. Note to Activision PR Department - good time to have done this would have been last week. Note to Activision content creation and sales department - no one wants to pay for content updates to a (non-Rock Band/GH) game they've already forked out an inflated price for. If anything, this update should be free because you charged us PC gamers higher than average prices and took away our dedi support.

http://mypetjawa.mu.nu/archives/picard-facepalm.jpg

Trigger
10th March 2010, 02:07 PM
So i would still have to pay my 40 quid and then an extra like 15 to be able to play the stuff online, yay's im gonna be queing at the door for this one

D_K_Head
10th March 2010, 02:23 PM
+1

That is all.

Mr.Big
15th March 2010, 02:19 AM
when does this come out?

Chalex4
15th March 2010, 02:23 AM
The annoying thing is that loads of people will shell out on this, but certainly not me. I never even got the game in the first place. BC2 is just awesome.

Calneon
15th March 2010, 02:32 AM
I never even got the game in the first place. BC2 is just awesome.
Likewise.

Target
15th March 2010, 02:47 AM
Yeh BC2 is amazing game litterally can't wait to get a pc to play it :D

Mr.Big
15th March 2010, 03:06 AM
well, cod 6, was well well worth those "toomanyhoursigoddamnplayedit" and well i knew there was going to be DLC for it, it had bin said a long long time ago

Bloo
15th March 2010, 03:29 AM
The annoying thing is that loads of people will shell out on this, but certainly not me. I never even got the game in the first place. BC2 is just awesome.

Apples and oranges really, they're two completely different games. That said I'm tired of apples right now and want that damn orange.

Target
15th March 2010, 12:26 PM
MW2 just feels like a console arcade game, where as BC2 is a bit more competitive

D_K_Head
15th March 2010, 12:43 PM
MW2 just feels like a console arcade game, where as BC2 is a bit more competitive

heh, we're certainly doing well in it.

Calneon
15th March 2010, 03:16 PM
well, cod 6, was well well worth those "toomanyhoursigoddamnplayedit" and well i knew there was going to be DLC for it, it had bin said a long long time ago
Big, you're 2 over being 1337 :D.

Mr.Big
15th March 2010, 04:20 PM
urrr, i was literally a sleep while i wrote that.