PDA

View Full Version : 3D gaming

Target
11th March 2010, 02:12 AM
3D for PS3 in June?
Firmware 3.20 to take console into three dimensions?

UK, March 10, 2010 - Sony's PlayStation 3 could be 3D ready as soon as this June, with reports suggesting a firmware update coinciding with the release of Sony's first 3D TV will enable the console to output in 3D.

PlayStation 3's capacity to support 3D gaming has already been touted with playable versions of Gran Turismo and Super Stardust on show at this year's CES. Now as Sony prepares to seriously enter the 3D space with the launch of its first 3D TV in Japan on June 10 it looks as if the PlayStation 3 will be following suit.

Leaked shots of Firmware 3.20 reveal it's to offer 3D Video Output, and now a report on AV Watch – translated by NeoGAF and picked up by vg247 – dates its release for this June, the same date as the release of Sony's 350,000 yen 46 inch 3D TV.

Sony declined to offer any comment on the story.

Although PC already have this ^^
http://www.nvidia.com/object/3D_Vision_Overview.html

You're looking at $199 assuming you PC and monitor can handle 3d Graphics

I hope they have summet like this at the i-series so we can see how 3d will actually feel like to play

ez64
11th March 2010, 02:14 AM
it's still a 2D plane imitating a 3D environment so its still not true 3D.

The nvidia stuff with the polarized glasses and 120hz overlapping monitors have been out for quite a while and are fun but do tend to give me a headache after a short amount of play.

Colonel Mitch
11th March 2010, 11:06 AM
They showcased nvidia 3d vision at i34 ddint they?

I remember trying it at stoneleigh before

Isphera
11th March 2010, 11:09 AM
I'm not too keen on 3D - it seems more of a gimick then anything. Odd trip to the IMAX maybe, but all the time in my games? No thanks.

D_K_Head
11th March 2010, 11:19 AM
Yeah mitch, they did show it... and it made everything look like doom (sprite-like).

I'm not going to pay 200 "dollars" to turn L4D into Mario...

Target
12th March 2010, 12:30 AM
Yeh 3D is pretty gimmicky can't see how it would work that well im gaming but I'm sure they push it, specially for the console tards

Colonel Mitch
12th March 2010, 12:41 AM
i can see it being ok once teh buggage is ironed out