PDA

View Full Version : Kicked and banned - don't know why

blindshooter
19th April 2007, 10:17 PM
Hi, I was playing at the C2G server last night, but was kicked by an admin. After that when I rejoined I was banned.

Can someone explain what's up? I have no idea why I was kick-banned.

Thanks.

Chazlene
19th April 2007, 10:22 PM
Well apparently it was because you had bad rates according to Target, the admin who banned you. It could not be your fault and you didn't know what your rates were. But change them to the normal settings.

blindshooter
19th April 2007, 10:29 PM
How do I change my rates?

Also one annoying thing is that the menu doesn't work for me (not only in this server but other ones). I press 1,2,3,...0 and nothing happens :(

blindshooter
20th April 2007, 10:47 PM
How do I change my rates?

Also one annoying thing is that the menu doesn't work for me (not only in this server but other ones). I press 1,2,3,...0 and nothing happens :(

Guys, what is going on? Have I been unbanned?

The admin who kickbanned me should have told me to just change my settings there and then instead of all this hassle now. I still do not know what "rate" I need to change nor do I know how.

Chalex4
20th April 2007, 10:55 PM
Before I can do anything I need your SteamID (to unban you). You can get this by typing "status" into console and copying the line with your name by it. I will post what your rates should be and how to set them when I get your SteamID.

blindshooter
7th May 2007, 09:54 AM
Hi Chalex,

Did you get my PM with my Steam ID?

I am still banned 19 days hence...

Thanks.

Chalex4
7th May 2007, 10:00 AM
No, sorry I didn't. Please feel free to re-send your SteamID and I will un-ban you.

blindshooter
7th May 2007, 10:28 AM
OK, I've resent the PM. Thanks for your quick response :)

Chalex4
7th May 2007, 11:23 AM
You are no longer banned, but you may not be able to connect until the server has been restarted or changed map.

blindshooter
7th May 2007, 11:39 AM
Thanks Chalex.

About the rates which was apparently the reason why I got banned, what are my rates and how do I change it to be within server rules?

Thanks again :)

YaYo
7th May 2007, 11:47 AM
little messages come up within the server to say what your rates should be but just go in console and type rate 25000.

Hutch
7th May 2007, 01:47 PM
Not just that.... When you start up CSS type in rate 20000 , cl_cmdrate 66 and cl_updaterate 66 into console. Basically it's how often your pc asks the server for information, having these too low means that you lag around and may be classed as cheating. Some people think that they got the default rates that came with the game, they are fools as on some servers before a little update by steam there were plugins which would change peoples rates so that it would work with the server... sometimes if you joined a server far from your country it would lower your rates. Alas these plugins to change rates cannot be used due to cl_restrict_server_commands.