PDA

View Full Version : Bad Company 2. Not working...

Colonel Mitch
20th March 2010, 11:19 PM
As with some shoutbox spam the toehr day - i got BC2 a couple of weeks ago now and still havent been able to play it.

On singleplayer it gets to the second set of text the maximises towards the screen before crashing to desktop.

On multiplayer it cant connect to the EA master server AFTER logging in and so i cant see any servers at all to try to connect to.

Anyone got any ideas about how to make the damn game work at all?

Have tried:

Changing gfx settings Updating GFX Drivers Reinstalling changing sound mode crying :'(

Chalex4
21st March 2010, 12:00 AM
I'll try to think of more stuff later, but have you tried running at as administrator and allowing every possible BC2 process through your firewall?

Calneon
21st March 2010, 12:26 AM
Sure you've updated it by running the updater? Unless you have the Steam version.

ez64
21st March 2010, 12:32 AM
First off fully uninstall then try and get a reg cleaner to remove the crap EA leaves behind (also look for the beta paths if you had them installed).

Then create a brand new admin account on the PC and install to that account only if it gives you the option.(temp disable any antivirus/firewall)

before you install it make sure hamachi is disabled when installing it on the new account (disable in msconfig everything from starting up apart from windows services and programs).

Then before attempting to start going into program files and give the install path admin/full control permission to the everyone group(also make sure any firewall is disabled including the windows one and any antivirus programs for the time being).

Attempt to run if it blacks out again proceed to through monitor out of window.

If you do the install to the word like that and it still says "I fail because I was made by EA" its probably going to be driver software related and/or a firewall problem on one of the routers or your install disc could be a defect (dont laugh it actually happens even with CRC checks due to post factory conditions).

VoX
21st March 2010, 12:45 AM
Tried running with Crossfire disabled? Just a thought but that was what gave you the problems in MW2.

Colonel Mitch
21st March 2010, 01:22 AM
Tried running with Crossfire disabled? Just a thought but that was what gave you the problems in MW2.

No it wasnt. card was overheating.

Also yes thats one of teh gfx settings i changed.

Colonel Mitch
21st March 2010, 01:24 AM
First off fully uninstall then try and get a reg cleaner to remove the crap EA leaves behind (also look for the beta paths if you had them installed).

Then create a brand new admin account on the PC and install to that account only if it gives you the option.(temp disable any antivirus/firewall)

before you install it make sure hamachi is disabled when installing it on the new account (disable in msconfig everything from starting up apart from windows services and programs).

Then before attempting to start going into program files and give the install path admin/full control permission to the everyone group(also make sure any firewall is disabled including the windows one and any antivirus programs for the time being).

Attempt to run if it blacks out again proceed to through monitor out of window.

If you do the install to the word like that and it still says "I fail because I was made by EA" its probably going to be driver software related and/or a firewall problem on one of the routers or your install disc could be a defect (dont laugh it actually happens even with CRC checks due to post factory conditions).

done full proper reinstall. havent considered hamachi for the multiplayer issues. dont use any firewall/anti virus.

Will try installing it to the local admin acocunt on this computer rather than y active directory account.

Have tried runnign as admin etc and still fail.

Also it runs the updater every time you launch the game and it insists its up to date.

ez64
21st March 2010, 03:36 AM
active directory account probsd will be what's doing it as it hates the response times esp if My documents is on the network not to mention the vista permission issues coupled with AD.

Dont take the local admin account either do a fresh account.

Colonel Mitch
21st March 2010, 10:56 AM
active directory account probsd will be what's doing it as it hates the response times esp if My documents is on the network not to mention the vista permission issues coupled with AD.

Dont take the local admin account either do a fresh account.

kk. i remember Battlefield 2 refuses to use the network path for my documents but BC2 hasnt complained about that at all.

IUt seems more like it jsut doesnt like my hardware (as regards the crashing, not the last of servers) to be but ill still try it.

Vicious Horizon
21st March 2010, 12:08 PM
It's because you fail =)

But tbh, sounds like a problem on EA's side. You could probably just Mr. Big it and use your credentials and see if that works.

D_K_Head
21st March 2010, 01:31 PM
You COULD try troubleshooting on the EA forums... if it isn't a download problem, someone else is bound to get it