PDA

View Full Version : Addenda Provided on US Sports Radio

Isphera
26th March 2010, 06:40 PM
Yep, managed to get one of my blog posts discussed on the air for five minutes.

I can't really be bothered to type out the whole blog post again to here, explaining what it was all about, so I will do a series of links:

The blog post was about a babe bracket that the radio station is doing, like we did. The difference is how they selected their 'teams' of gals. Whilst I let you guys choose up to 5 of who you wanted, they did a reverse serpentine draft of 8 rounds (in the style of Fantasy Football). My blog post was basically a recap and some analysis of the draft in terms of reaches (picking someone way too early), steals (picking someone who should have been taken earlier) and snubs (someone not drafted...Summer Glau). The blog post is HERE (http://www.addendaprovided.com/?p=146)
I sent a link to the blog post to the three guys on the show not long after finishing it.
By some manner of fluke, they read and discussed some of it on the air (mainly the reaches). The link to which is HERE (http://snipurl.com/v31iq) (first five minutes).

The actual draft list and some interesting stats (as to who had the youngest average age team wise and the biggest age gap between selector and selectee) are on their show page HERE (http://kfan.com/pages/psn_powertrip.html) (scroll down a post or two to find it, it's the effin' hooj list followed by some formatted teams), and the sweet ass flash thing they've got for the actual brackets is HERE (http://kfan.com/pages/bridgepages/babebracket/index.html)

Mr.Big
26th March 2010, 07:40 PM
LOL Oric just LOL!

D_K_Head
26th March 2010, 09:24 PM
Congratulations Oric, your name has been said and complimented on american radio

ez64
26th March 2010, 09:38 PM
Awesome,will post some comments :)

Calneon
26th March 2010, 10:38 PM
It's pretty epic you got talked about on the radio, however I do have a problem with the whole topic you're writing on. It's ok to do a simple poll of which girl do you think is hottest, but I find it disgusting when I see things like:

"Looks like a stick alien"

"but she doesn’t look that great in the face, smile especially"

"she looks like a dude in half her photo’s and the other half are either photo doctoring or a plasterer have been employed." (Megan Fox)

Especially coming from somebody who looks like Oric. It's just sad tbh.

Isphera
26th March 2010, 11:21 PM
It's pretty epic you got talked about on the radio, however I do have a problem with the whole topic you're writing on. It's ok to do a simple poll of which girl do you think is hottest, but I find it disgusting when I see things like:

"Looks like a stick alien"

"but she doesn’t look that great in the face, smile especially"

"she looks like a dude in half her photo’s and the other half are either photo doctoring or a plasterer have been employed." (Megan Fox)

Especially coming from somebody who looks like Oric. It's just sad tbh.

Were those quotes harsh? Yes. It's me straight talking from the hip, poor body part selection on this topic, but the point remains. Besides, I feel it is a bit off this coming from someone that described some of the DWPS nominations as 'sluts'. I will concede however, I could have phrased them better. On Fox for instance, I could have reverted to ez's comment from the DWPS of her being 'plastic'. And the grammer in the Erin Andrews sentance is atrotious :S

My pathalogical hatred of Megan Fox might have contributed though.

Calneon
26th March 2010, 11:36 PM
Were those quotes harsh? Yes. It's me straight talking from the hip, poor body part selection on this topic, but the point remains. Besides, I feel it is a bit off this coming from someone that described some of the DWPS nominations as 'sluts'. I will concede however, I could have phrased them better. On Fox for instance, I could have reverted to ez's comment from the DWPS of her being 'plastic'. And the grammer in the Erin Andrews sentance is atrotious :S

My pathalogical hatred of Megan Fox might have contributed though.
Our forum thing was a bit of fun, this however seems completely serious. If I recall I said one of the pictures of a nomination made her look like a slut.

Isphera
26th March 2010, 11:51 PM
I wouldn't say it was serious - I'd say it was expressing my opinion stronger than most on something that is meant as a fun exercise and to cause banterous debate. I would say that many of my posts, here and there, come across as serious, but I do not always intend them to do so. It's just me expressing my opinion in/with my.....unique way and humour.

D_K_Head
27th March 2010, 12:12 AM
problem is, I don't think americans can dechiper british humor... we're very dry compared to them, so they might have thought you were serious...

Vicious Horizon
27th March 2010, 02:11 PM
Yeah, even Europeans just don't get British humour, but then again, we understand your humour Oric, by we I mean some of us. XD

Mr.Big
27th March 2010, 05:40 PM
HAHA Oric made people question their sexuality
(This sounds so horrid)

Chalex4
27th March 2010, 05:44 PM
This is actually pretty cool, well done Oric.

You've got to wish they had actually given the URL to your site though :p.

Isphera
27th March 2010, 07:14 PM
This is actually pretty cool, well done Oric.

You've got to wish they had actually given the URL to your site though :p.

Yeah, I'm kinda annoyed they didn't, but the parent company (ClearChannel) is very strict on non-authorised advertisments, because they charge hign prices for the slots they do have, so I know what they didn't.

HAHA Oric made people question their sexuality
(This sounds so horrid)

Whilst it does sound horrid, I maintain that Megan Fox looks like a dude in most of her pics, or at least that they've been shopped or a make-up artist/spray tanner has been employed for several days.