PDA

View Full Version : Crunch Time: MW2 vs. BC2

Vicious Horizon
3rd April 2010, 11:24 AM
Well, I'm buying one of them, but not both.

And I really need you guys help when I'm making my decision of which one to buy. Take into account that I will play the SP quite a bit, and that I will also be playing MP when I can.

Also, I'm leaning towards BC2 for the constant lol-worthy moments, but leaning towards MW2 because I know that the SP quality is generally quite good and enjoyable.... GAH, can't decide

Chazlene
3rd April 2010, 12:16 PM
Well I won't vote since I haven't played BC2 enough, but one of the selling points for me with Modern Warfare 2 was the countless different ways of achievement, such as ranks, weapon unlocks, emblems, titles, accolades, challenges, perks and spec ops stars. And besides, I want to take another person through the whole of spec ops from start to finish :D

Target
3rd April 2010, 12:37 PM
lol, why did we all tell him to get the good game, it would have been much funnier to see him get mw2 and fail :D

Vicious Horizon
3rd April 2010, 01:03 PM
Rofl, stop messing up the poll XD - I genuinely can't decide..

Calneon
3rd April 2010, 01:58 PM
I can't believe you're seriously asking this question.

Chalex4
3rd April 2010, 02:03 PM
Lol at the poll. Seriously though, whoever did it should probably put it back to what it was.

BC2 has easily as many unlocks/achievements as MW2, as that's the reason why I've been loving it so much :D. I also love how flexible your loadout can be, where you can literally make the recon class a very strong front line attacker.

Also, we have a server for BC2. What other reason do you need?!

Bloo
3rd April 2010, 02:18 PM
another person through the whole of spec ops from start to finish :D

I feel hurt. I might have to cry.

Eh, it depends on what you want, spec ops in MW2 is probably some of the best coop around, and MW2 multiplayer does have a lot more customization than BC2, but most of it is around different ways of killing people. Still it has riot shields and with the right build, an entire way of playing the game that only involves your knife. I guess if you prefer twitch shooting this is far better.

BC2 has more of the community playing, which is always a bonus, is far more team-focused than MW2, and customization isn't just limited to different ways of killing people (since you can heal people, or supply people). Also you can drive tanks and the helicopters that would be constantly killing you in MW2. The art design, but not the graphics, is a lot poorer in BC2, but YMMV. Also you can blow up walls and shit and that's always cool.

All in all... erm, depends on what you want, I'd advice listening to people who've played both seriously, so I guess thats Target or Big then.

Vicious Horizon
3rd April 2010, 02:30 PM
I'm definately leaning towards BC2.

VoX
3rd April 2010, 03:05 PM
Lol at the poll. Seriously though, whoever did it should probably put it back to what it was.

Kekekekekekeke.

I would put it back, but I'm just highlighting how obvious the decision should be.

Also, the DLC for MW2 you have to pay for, theres already a map pack out for BC2 :D (Added rush to several conquest maps, works really well.)

D_K_Head
3rd April 2010, 03:34 PM
Should I do this in point form?

Comparison

MW2 has matchmaking, which has been a large complaint by a lot of MW2 players... or a few vocal ones, you decide.

BC2 ALSO has a dodgy server browser, but rather than calling it a feature, DICE are trying to fix it... thus, there are less complaints about it.

MW2 has DLC out, which includes unmodified resources from COD4. And they want you to pay a fiver for a couple extra maps, alongside these maps.

BC2 actively supports the PC community, and won't try to squeeze us for cash... DICE do it for the love, and have provided a few updates already. (Note: They MAY release expansion packs, as normal, but they'll be substantial.)

MW2 promotes soloing in matches, prefering players to deal with enemies themselves, and earn bonuses for themselves. There are few team-players.

BC2 prods you to work as a team, from squad spawning, to the complimentery class abilities (Motion Mine mixed with assault rifle from behind cover/Tracer mixed with rocket launcher).

MW2 has co-op, which is a big selling point, and a larger single-player campaign.

BC2 has neither of these things... it's campaign, while fun and challanging, is a little short, and it has no co-op... it's a multiplayer game.

MW2 has, amoungst it's gamemodes: capture the flag, sabotage, team deathmatch, deathmatch, as well as the ability to use hardcore. It supports 16 players.

BC2 has, amoungst it's gamemodes: Conquest, Rush, Squad Rush (ATK's Favorite Mode) and Squad deathmatch (which is deathmatch with squads, and thus is fucking awesome). It ALSO supports hardcore, and allows up to 32 players to contend with each other

Sidenotes

We have an active team for BC2, that has managed to remain undefeated. (through two matches)

There's also a rumour that Strike at Karkand is being ported to BC2.

Oh, and BC2 is a fuckton cheaper than MW2. Just throwing that out there.

Conclusion

Get BC2, and you can buy a lollipop for an orphan, and still have enough left for a snickers and a cheap blowjob.

Good enough for you VH?

Vicious Horizon
3rd April 2010, 05:00 PM
BC2
stupid post limit

Mr.Big
3rd April 2010, 06:32 PM
Yeah deffo BC2 its much better, if you can handle the graphics, but tbh my friend who has the shittiest computer in the world is playing BC2 so no worries, BC2 is just better than MW2, its cheaper, its much more fun

And we are all playing it, stfu mitch youre broken
And tell me who of us are playing MW2 now :P?

Colonel Mitch
3rd April 2010, 07:15 PM
BC2 wont run for me at all so MW2 it is - tho from what ive seen BC2 is a much deeper game but the gameplay is completely different than that of MW2. MW2 seems alot more fast paced.

Vicious Horizon
4th April 2010, 11:51 AM
Yeah I think I'll be getting BC2 at some point, rather than MW2.